Steam Weekend Deal - GRID 50% off ($14.99)

Oops, we have twins!!!! (talking about the two threads posted at the same time with virtually the same title, lol)

I give it to ya since you posted the final price.
Good deal for PC owner by the way, not much into racing games.

So it's not a Lucasarts deal, eh? I was going to buy them anyway, was just waiting in case the weekend deal was adventure gaming goodness.

[quote name='Vegan']So it's not a Lucasarts deal, eh? I was going to buy them anyway, was just waiting in case the weekend deal was adventure gaming goodness.[/QUOTE]

its odd since the free code they put up on their twitter was for the Lucas Arts Adventure Game Pack

so it exists but Steam just hasn't made it available to the public yet (just the four games so far

personally I'm holding off for more games to be released by Lucas Arts

well except for The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition next Wednesday, I'm buying that the second it goes up :bouncy:

Boo.

Would have been the perfect opportunity to offer up a deal on some other adventure games to take advantage of the adventuring mood set by the release of the LucasArts stuff.

GRID is really nice from what I hear, I might have to get this.
151l1259.jpg

This is a GREAT deal for those that don't already have this game...which I do. Just my hearty recommendation to the rest of you. ;)

[quote name='alpha064']Grid for PC is $15 at Gamestop, so I didn't jump on this deal.[/QUOTE]

eh I'd much rather have a copy through Steam than on disc

[quote name='buckythekat']eh I'd much rather have a copy through Steam than on disc[/QUOTE]
You have to install it via Steam whenever you insert the disc anyways, so might as well have the case to go on your shelf.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Are you still on dial up? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I was going to say something, but decided it wasn't worth it; but since you brought it up I'll go ahead...

A 12.5GB download off Steam should take maybe an hour. Probably not even that.

There are different speeds of broadband. For instance, 130kbps is my top download speed. 12.5 gigs would be in the realm of days of downloading. Not everyone has access to speedier broadband.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']There are different speeds of broadband. For instance, 130kbps is my top download speed. 12.5 gigs would be in the realm of days of downloading. Not everyone has access to speedier broadband.[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't be allowed to call that broadband. I have 10Mb and I think THAT'S embarrassingly slow compared to the rest of the world.

[quote name='Vegan']Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I was going to say something, but decided it wasn't worth it; but since you brought it up I'll go ahead...

A 12.5GB download off Steam should take maybe an hour. Probably not even that.[/QUOTE]
wow, you're lucky. i have the fastest internet available in my neighborhood (measly 1.5 mbps) and that would literally take days for me as well.

Damn your bragging, Vegan! Can't do more than 6Mb in my area. Still, complaining about download times in general is silly.

[quote name='Vegan']Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I was going to say something, but decided it wasn't worth it; but since you brought it up I'll go ahead...

A 12.5GB download off Steam should take maybe an hour. Probably not even that.[/QUOTE]
... Because everyone has the same, universal Internet speed.

I think everyone can agree this is a LARGE file to download. Also I think everyone can agree the slower you connection is the LONGER it will take. If you have a slower connection or a bandwith cap GS might be a better option.

I'm still on the fence though. Any one else got any other opinions about the game? Yes, I've read the reviews, but those were written about 1 year ago. I was wondering how it has "aged".

[quote name='52club']I think everyone can agree this is a LARGE file to download. Also I think everyone can agree the slower you connection is the LONGER it will take. If you have a slower connection or a bandwith cap GS might be a better option.

I'm still on the fence though. Any one else got any other opinions about the game? Yes, I've read the reviews, but those were written about 1 year ago. I was wondering how it has "aged".[/QUOTE]

Visually the game looks as if it hasn't aged a day. Presentation is excellent and the only downside of that is the menu is keyboard driven (console style).

[quote name='SqueeMK2']There are different speeds of broadband. For instance, 130kbps is my top download speed. 12.5 gigs would be in the realm of days of downloading. Not everyone has access to speedier broadband.[/QUOTE]

Understood, but Steam, GameTap, etc have been out for quite a while now. Games have been big for a while now. If you don't have fast broadband, you are going to be missing out on a lot of stuff, and you have for a while. And if you don't have fast broadband, you should be used to long downloads. You just leave it running and go ahead and do whatever else you want on your PC.

If you have a broadband cap, you need to complain to the ISP, government, etc. That is what kills the deal, not speed.

[quote name='Vegan']They shouldn't be allowed to call that broadband. I have 10Mb and I think THAT'S embarrassingly slow compared to the rest of the world.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea, that's SOO slow. That's within the top 10 average speeds based on countries. Take a look at http://www.speedtest.net/global.php , and quit complaining. You have an amazing speed.

I was stuck with 1Mb for years and finally got to upgrade to a 6Mb connection and it blows my socks off. Having almost close to double what I already have would just be ridiculously fast.

"If you have a broadband cap, you need to complain to the ISP, government, etc. That is what kills the deal, not speed."

Good luck with that. I'm sure you'll get far when your ISP adopts a cap as well. Most ISPs are moving toward one, so get ready for it. I had enjoyed no cap for the past 6-years of Internet, rubbing it in at my friends who's ISP started capping internet around here, but now I'm hit with a cap as well. It was a 20GB cap when I had the 1Mb connection, but now I'm at a 50GB cap and break it most months. Trust me, try complaining when you get hit with one, they don't care about you, me, or anyone else who would break the caps they set...they see us all as pirates whether are use is legit or not. That is what I was told by my ISP anyways. Good luck in the future when you get hit with one, because it isn't a matter of if, its a matter of when unfortunately.

GaveUp as long as there are multiple broadband ISPs in the area, if one starts capping, you can bet that all savvy users will switch to a different service. It's when there's no competition that they can get away with that consumer-unfriendly crap.

If you would like to make good use of the sun, it is very doable without costing a lots amount of money. See this Solar Panels and System. Hardy Solar Home Stezader 4 kW off grid energy generator system.1,500 Watt off grid Solar Panel System.

[quote name='Erika123']If you would like to make good use of the sun, it is very doable without costing a lots amount of money. See this Solar Panels and System. Hardy Solar Home Stezader 4 kW off grid energy generator system.1,500 Watt off grid Solar Panel System.[/QUOTE]

ok?

bread's done
Back