Steam Weekend Deal - Oct 7-11 - CoD Modern Warfare 2 - 33% off - Map packs 50% off

CoffeeEdge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Yeesh, here's yet another sale for this weekend. There are no less than three Steam weekend deals going on this weekend, now.

Anyways, here is a very terrible game at a very uninspiring 33% discount off it's already-bloated regular price:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/10180/

And here's some overpriced map packs, now just half-overpriced for your convenience:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/10195/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/10196/

Sale lasts until Monday morning. Enjoy this wretched piece of shit if you can, I guess, even though it's basically the videogame devil.

[quote name='kart007k']Put the fucking price in there fuck face. This is the worst thread.[/QUOTE]

You mad bro? You should totally prove your point against CAG posters by never coming here again. That will show them!

Right?

[quote name='kart007k']Put the fucking price in there fuck face. This is the worst thread.[/QUOTE]

haters be hatin!

Anyways, still doesn't beat the copy I picked up off CL for $20. :D

Yeah sorry but the problem is, my feeble brain can't even comprehend a number as big as this shitty game's retail price, so, yeah that's why :(

[quote name='Stry-ker']For a weekend sale and with black ops around the corner this should be cheaper than 40[/QUOTE]
Activision. Enough said.

[quote name='xtheapocx']can anyone recommend picking this game up nowadays?[/QUOTE]

No. If someone NEEDS to play Call of Duty, at least wait for Black Ops, which at least seems to be less shit than MW2.

Has the PC version EVER been this "cheap"? Whatever, I tried MW2 finally on 360 after playing Bad Company 2 for months, and I just couldn't get into it.

Haha, nice post!
I refuse to support games with $60 price points on PC, and I hate how Activision takes a year to offer a slight discount for a limited time on their still full price game. Also, the map packs are one of the biggest consumer rape in history. Why on earth do people put up with this?

i want this, but i don't want to pay $40 for a 1 year old game on pc and on steam without the cost of retail packaging. i'll wait a bit longer.

Terrible. The pricing anyway. I can't pass judgment on MW2's MP at all since I haven't played it (the SP was entertaining enough for me to finish it), but this "sale" price that they think we're all going to worship them for is pathetic. "Oh wow, $40 for year-old PC game? Just what I wanted!" Stuff you Activision, and stuff you IW, and stuff you again Activision.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Stuff you Activision, and stuff you IW, and stuff you again Activision.[/QUOTE]

i think its more Activision's doing than IW. Activision even screwed IW to the point where the lead guys were fired due to compensation disagreements causing them to form their own company with most of the IW team following them.

[quote name='frpilot']i think its more Activision's doing than IW. Activision even screwed IW to the point where the lead guys were fired due to compensation disagreements causing them to form their own company with most of the IW team following them.[/QUOTE]

I know that IW got screwed over financially by Activision, but it was IW's decision to create such a dumbed down PC version of MW2. Removal of dedicated servers, mod tools, console (which were all available in cod4 if i'm not mistaken) and creating such excuses as the famous "it's not balanced for lean."

ok you got a point there and i can see why you are upset about IW's bad development issues, but it is what it is, and the game still sold really well... sure it could have been better, i just wished by now the price is lower and that's Activision's fault. they are milking it for all it's worth and even charging for dlc on pc, which is traditionally free.

do you guys think black ops will even be better than mw2? isn't it a whole different type of game in the franchise. mw3 is in development i hear, and that should be closer to mw2 experience.

[quote name='frpilot']they are milking it for all it's worth and even charging for dlc on pc, which is traditionally free.[/QUOTE]

Uh, I've been playing PC games for a couple decades now, and I'm not familiar with such a "tradition."

The problem with the MW2 DLC isn't that they're charging for it (I have no problem with paid expansion packs, which are a traditional aspect of PC gaming in general). It's that they're charging too much for what you get. That's all.

[quote name='frpilot']ok you got a point there and i can see why you are upset about IW's bad development issues, but it is what it is, and the game still sold really well... sure it could have been better, i just wished by now the price is lower and that's Activision's fault. they are milking it for all it's worth and even charging for dlc on pc, which is traditionally free.

do you guys think black ops will even be better than mw2? isn't it a whole different type of game in the franchise. mw3 is in development i hear, and that should be closer to mw2 experience.[/QUOTE]

Well if I am not mistaken there will be dedicated online servers for Black Ops.

bread's done
Back