STEAM weekend deal: R* games 30% off (including GTAIV)

[quote name='crystalklear64']What is Wild Metal and why does it cost 70$ for a 2000 game?[/QUOTE]

You can only get this game with the Rockstar bundle

[quote name='bart122580']You can only get this game with the Rockstar bundle[/quote]
But it's free to download from Rockstar's site. You can also GTA and GTA2 for free.

Max Payne is a good game, I will take one.
iy.gif

iy.gif

[quote name='MikeRevenge']Sweet. I'm definitely buying the Max Payne Bundle for $10.49.[/quote]

5 and a quarter each, some cheap pc gaming love.

will definately get it now.

[quote name='mogamer']But it's free to download from Rockstar's site. You can also GTA and GTA2 for free.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I didn't know that.

I may have to bite on the Max Payne stuff.

but dood, 70 bucks for all of that stuff is a really good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yawn.

[quote name='crystalklear64']What is Wild Metal and why does it cost 70$ for a 2000 game?[/QUOTE]
The reason it shows up as $70, is because it is only available as part of the Rockstar Complete Pack, which includes all of the Rockstar games on Steam. You can't buy it by itself.

[quote name='mogamer']But it's free to download from Rockstar's site. You can also GTA and GTA2 for free.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and they're free on Steam, too, if you buy the Rockstar Complete Pack. It is odd that you can't just download them, but still, they are "free," technically.

[quote name='keiblerfan69']*Fingers crossed for Team Fortress 2 sale*[/QUOTE]

Uh, you've missed that. Twice. Once as the Weekend Deal in early December, and then during the Holiday Sale around New Year's.

I've never seen a weekend sale repeated (aside from the Rockstar sale, which actually is different from the first one), so it'll probably be a hell of a long time until it's on sale again.

[quote name='MSI Magus']*keeps holding his breathe on peggle nights for $5 or under and Civ IV Complete for $30 or less*[/quote]You missed the great Christmas sale?! $25 for Civ IV Complete was $25 well spent

[quote name='MSI Magus']*keeps holding his breathe on peggle nights for $5 or under and Civ IV Complete for $30 or less*[/QUOTE]

Just an educated guess, but I imagine that Peggle Nights will be a while, considering how long it was before vanilla Peggle went on sale, and how rarely Popcap games go on sale in general. And also, Civ IV was already sub-$30 during the Holiday Sale.

[quote name='MSI Magus']*keeps holding his breathe on peggle nights for $5 or under and Civ IV Complete for $30 or less*[/quote]

yeah the Civ IV complete was 25 dollars on the holiday sale, I bought it and its pretty fun.

I didnt pick it up during the holiday sale because I didnt trust steam very much at the time. I bought a bunch of $1 games but was kind of reluctant to spend money on bigger purchases. Now after playing all the little ones and picking up a few random bigger things like Half Life on sale I trust and like steam a lot. I actually already own Civ 4 I just dont have the Xpacks so again thats part of why I want to find it on sale.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Uh, you've missed that. Twice. Once as the Weekend Deal in early December, and then during the Holiday Sale around New Year's.

I've never seen a weekend sale repeated (aside from the Rockstar sale, which actually is different from the first one), so it'll probably be a hell of a long time until it's on sale again.[/quote]

The scout pack for TF2 is supposed to be released soon. When it is Valve will most likely have a free TF2 weekend and sale on the game.

It was nice consolidating the GTA collection on my PC. 20.99 for II, 3, Vice City and San Andreas didn't seem overly ridiculous in price and my PC will be working in 5 to 10 years, can't say the same for my xbox or 360.

[quote name='etcrane']It was nice consolidating the GTA collection on my PC. 20.99 for II, 3, Vice City and San Andreas didn't seem overly ridiculous in price and my PC will be working in 5 to 10 years, can't say the same for my xbox or 360.[/QUOTE]

Plus, the PC versions are awesome, because you can use them for Multi Theft Auto.

[quote name='keiblerfan69']*Fingers crossed for Team Fortress 2 sale*[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess, it'd probably happen during the Scout update.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I didnt pick it up during the holiday sale because I didnt trust steam very much at the time. I bought a bunch of $1 games but was kind of reluctant to spend money on bigger purchases. Now after playing all the little ones and picking up a few random bigger things like Half Life on sale I trust and like steam a lot. I actually already own Civ 4 I just dont have the Xpacks so again thats part of why I want to find it on sale.[/quote]

Steam's been out for five and half years. I don't even mistrust PEOPLE for that long before meeting them.

Can the 360 controller be used in the Max Payne games? I played them both on the original Xbox, so I'm kind of used to it. And are the games widescreen?

[quote name='heavy liquid']Can the 360 controller be used in the Max Payne games?[/quote]
Neither Max Payne 1 or 2 have native gamepad/joystick support. You could use joy2key (google it, if you need to) to do a workaround of sorts, but it's not an ideal solution.

I played them both on the original Xbox, so I'm kind of used to it. And are the games widescreen?
The games can be set to run in widescreen resolutions, but unfortunately, they just take the 4:3 picture, and stretche it to fill the wider aspect ratio. In other words, it will take this 4:3 image, and stretch it so that it looks like this.

Same goes for both games, and I'm not aware of any workarounds for either at this point. So, you'll probably just have to play the game pillar boxed, with black bars on the sides, for now.

[quote name='Serik']http://store.steampowered.com/publisher/Rockstar%20Games/

You can get GTAIV for $35 if poorly-done console ports featuring GFWL are your thing :D

(the Bully port is even worse)

Heh, I still haven't played SA or Max Payne from the last R* sale

In other Steam news, you can also register retail copies of Unreal Tournament III on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, you can register your copy of UT3 now? I would play more often but the damn game asks for the cd key everytime I play. It's like I traveled back in time to 1994 and needed to input some code from my game manual.

pretty good sale. but i already snagged the GTA pack (GTA3, vice city and san andreas) for $15 and the max payne bundle for $7.50 during the last rockstar sale. if you want to get any of these, now's the time!

[quote name='MSI Magus']I didnt pick it up during the holiday sale because I didnt trust steam very much at the time.[/quote]

Did you just wake up from 2005 or something?

I kid . . . but seriously, you've been missing out on quite a bit.

bread's done
Back