Steam Weekend Deal: Secret of Monkey Island SE, $4.99 - 50% off

CoffeeEdge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
header.jpg

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition - $4.99 - 50% off

Well, that was fast. I think that $5 makes this a safe impulse buy, hideous though the new art may be (but hey, that's what Classic mode is for).

I just finished playing through this on XBLA with my 6 year old son. If you have kids, this is a great game to play with them. It's fun on your own too, but I think going through it with my son was probably a lot more fun.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']ive only played escape from monkey island and thought it was great[/QUOTE]

If you thought Escape was great, then prepare to be amazed, because it was by far the worst game in the series (but I still think it was alright, mind you).

[quote name='rapsodist']Oh man, this and the Lucasarts pack for a total of $15. So good...
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Hell yeah, now this is called a deal, I haven't seen such a nice deal than this before.

[quote name='fart_bubble']still be the anniversary of the signing of the US Constitution to me[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, you can watch your Bay/Bruckheimer movie of choice while we play Monkey Island.

Very awesome. I'm about to download it. I noticed that they cut the price of the Ipod Touch/Iphone version in half as well. It is $3.99. I would still rather have the PC version but a portable version would be cool too though.

[quote name='MattS1701']Very awesome. I'm about to download it. I noticed that they cut the price of the Ipod Touch/Iphone version in half as well. It is $3.99. I would still rather have the PC version but a portable version would be cool too though.[/QUOTE]

Grab the PC version, the iphone version is nerfed ... instead of a direct touch to point interface, you have to drag the pointer around with your finger. It sucks, but it's not awful for a quick fix ... however if you really want to play the game, go for this version on Steam ... it has better graphics too (they cut out some of the added effects in the iphone version).

[quote name='Vegan']Yeah, well, you can watch your Bay/Bruckheimer movie of choice while we play Monkey Island.[/QUOTE]

now there is a classy response

Bah, bought it and beat it twice on 360.

But Doomed, then you can play it on any Internet capable computer!

Damn you Steam!

Part of me wants to wait for the 360 version to maybe show up as a Deal of the Week, so I can get achievements.

The other part of me says "that's going to take a year and you love this series - buy this one, you idiot." :whistle2:k

And I was just about to buy this at $10 thinking it'd be worth it. Instead I get this and Garry's Mod for the same price? Yes, please.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Part of me wants to wait for the 360 version to maybe show up as a Deal of the Week, so I can get achievements.

The other part of me says "that's going to take a year and you love this series - buy this one, you idiot." :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
I can honestly tell you that Achievement Points are useless. But, then again, I'm in my mid-20's so I have friends that aren't suspicious of claims like "I beat 'The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition!'"

If you think your Gamerscore contributes to something much larger, then go ahead and pay the extra $5 so your friends won't doubt you.

The above statements were not meant to be antagonistic to Mr. Walrus or owners of the X-Box 360. (Yes, I have one, as well. No, I have a 360, not a Walrus.)

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I can honestly tell you that Achievement Points are useless. But, then again, I'm in my mid-20's so I have friends that aren't suspicious of claims like "I beat 'The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition!'"

If you think your Gamerscore contributes to something much larger, then go ahead and pay the extra $5 so your friends won't doubt you.

The above statements were not meant to be antagonistic to Mr. Walrus or owners of the X-Box 360. (Yes, I have one, as well. No, I have a 360, not a Walrus.)[/QUOTE]

I've played and beat all of the Monkey Island games, years ago - hell, probably close to a decade ago. (Guess what? My friends are in their 20s too! :D). Since I've played the games, it won't be the end of the world if I wait.

And as for the achievements...that's probably the biggest difference between the versions aside from the input device, so that's why I mentioned that aspect. Trust me, my gamerscore isn't anything to brag about - it's actually sort of embarrassing. :lol:

Honestly, if it was available for it, I'd probably choose the Wii as platform of choice for this one - the Wiimote seems like the perfect input device for the Monkey Island games.

bread's done
Back