Steam Weekend Deal: SpellForce Franchise (PC) 75% Off

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)

The entire SpellForce franchise is available for 75% off until Monday! This includes SpellForce: Dragon Storm, SpellForce: Shadow Wars, SpellForce 1: Platinum Edition, and SpellForce 2: Gold Edition

header.jpg

Spellforce Platinum - $3.74 (Reg. $14.99)
Title: Spellforce - Platinum Edition
Genre: Action, RPG
Developer: Phenomic
Publisher: JoWooD Entertainment, DreamCatcher
Release Date: Nov 3, 2009
Languages: English, French, German, Italian

header.jpg

Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars - $4.99 (Reg. $19.99)
MetaCritic:
80/100
Genre: RPG
Release Date: May 2, 2006
Languages: English

header.jpg

Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm - $4.99 (Reg. $19.99)
Genre: RPG
Release Date: May 14, 2007
Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian

header.jpg

Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm - $7.50 (Reg. $29.99)
Genre: Action, RPG
Release Date: Oct 29, 2009
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deal on a great set of games. Just re-bought the first one cause I had it on a disc and rather have it on Steam :D

Anyone know anything about the multiplayer aspect of these games? Steam lists it as single player-only, but I know they have (or had) multiplayer.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Any opinions on these games? I've never heard of them before. They look kind of interesting.[/QUOTE]

I enjoy them quite a bit, there is a demo out (not on Steam) of Spellforce 2 to get a feel for it.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I enjoy them quite a bit, there is a demo out (not on Steam) of Spellforce 2 to get a feel for it.[/QUOTE]

thanks
I was looking for a demo to try out
a possible might buy this week

I know that the US/EU disc version of spellforce Universe with SF2 is bad... one of the file cabs is corrupt. There is an easy fix for it.

But having it on Steam is nice... I might have to think about this one.

[quote name='Fan_of_a_G-Man']I was hoping it'd be Batman AA. :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='Spooon69']Nuts, was hoping for Batman AA, guess GFW it is...[/QUOTE]
It's not unheard of for Steam to also match other deals. It has happened before. Since the GFWL Batman deal good until the first doesn't hurt to give Steam a day or two to match.

I played through SpellForce 2 some time ago and I found it pretty enjoyable. A tad on the easy side, but it has some interesting parts to it.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I enjoy them quite a bit, there is a demo out (not on Steam) of Spellforce 2 to get a feel for it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbing the demo now as I remember seeing this game and wanting to try it

Warning about the demo:It has starforce in it. Doesn't make sense to me to have drm on a demo, and I've heard bad things about it. Sure, it may not affect all people, but I'd rather avoid potential problems.

Supposedly, the Steam version doesn't have non-steam DRM on it, but I'm not certain on that.

Has anyone played both 1 and 2? I can't decide which to buy... or whether to get both. =) If the gameplay is similar and only the graphics are improved, I'll probably cheap out and get the Platinum pack.

[quote name='ddrpower']Warning about the demo:It has starforce in it. Doesn't make sense to me to have drm on a demo, and I've heard bad things about it. Sure, it may not affect all people, but I'd rather avoid potential problems.

Supposedly, the Steam version doesn't have non-steam DRM on it, but I'm not certain on that.[/QUOTE]
Are you saying the demo on Steam has Starforce? or the normal downloadable demo has it?

:wall:

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Are you saying the demo on Steam has Starforce? or the normal downloadable demo has it?

:wall:[/QUOTE]

I don't believe there is a demo for SpellForce 2 on Steam.

[quote name='RColaUAB']I don't believe there is a demo for SpellForce 2 on Steam.[/QUOTE]

No demo on steam, but the downloadable demo has copy protection on it(I installed, no comment about copy protection. Running the program THEN tells you that it will install copy protection, to which I researched, then uninstalled.)

By "Steam Version" I mean the full version on Steam. Retail version of the game supposedly has TAGES, but I can't confirm that easily, since there was backlash to the copy protection on the demo.

[quote name='ddrpower']No demo on steam, but the downloadable demo has copy protection on it(I installed, no comment about copy protection. Running the program THEN tells you that it will install copy protection, to which I researched, then uninstalled.)

By "Steam Version" I mean the full version on Steam. Retail version of the game supposedly has TAGES, but I can't confirm that easily, since there was backlash to the copy protection on the demo.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I know it's not a huge deal, but I'm just trying to keep my computer as free from this stuff as possible, and I know there are many others who try to avoid it as well.

I bought Shadow Wars during an earlier sale and played for a few hours. Fun enough mix of a Diablo clone with basic RTS sections. Would have kept on playing if it hadn't crashed on me periodically.

This series has been quite DRM laden.

the only DRM-FREE version is the SpellForce Universe edition (including spellforce platinum and spellforce 2 gold). But disc 2 of this version has corrupted file so you have to download 500 mb file to replace the corrupted file when it is done installing.

This is a huge foul up on their part and there was a guy who found a fix and put it on Bitorrent. Mod on the publisher forum ban him left and right, stole the fix and present it as their own without giving credit. The guy got pissed and put his whole SpellForce Universe ISO on torrent now.

Quite a drama huh?

[quote name='agentghost']This series has been quite DRM laden.

the only DRM-FREE version is the SpellForce Universe edition (including spellforce platinum and spellforce 2 gold). But disc 2 of this version has corrupted file so you have to download 500 mb file to replace the corrupted file when it is done installing.

This is a huge foul up on their part and there was a guy who found a fix and put it on Bitorrent. Mod on the publisher forum ban him left and right, stole the fix and present it as their own without giving credit. The guy got pissed and put his whole SpellForce Universe ISO on torrent now.

Quite a drama huh?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they put bewbs on the cover to distract you from the DRM. :whistle2:$

[quote name='bigsick']The demo wont install for me on Win7 64.[/QUOTE]
I just read thats because the demo has starforce the full steam version does not.

I think I'll get the Spellforce 1: Platinum edition now. If I like it I'll wait to see if they come out with a Spellforce 2 Platinum edition as well.

[quote name='DaButtonMasher']I think I'll get the Spellforce 1: Platinum edition now. If I like it I'll wait to see if they come out with a Spellforce 2 Platinum edition as well.[/QUOTE]

Would make sense to note this, since they're planning on releasing a third(second?) expansion this year.

I picked up both. Pretty good reviews and the general idea behind the game sounds fun.

EDIT : [quote name='ddrpower']Would make sense to note this, since they're planning on releasing a third(second?) expansion this year.[/QUOTE]

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

i bought shadow wars off ebay new a while back and the CD-key never worked, i might get this better than buying a girl a drink at the club just for her to leave with someone else. Now that is wasted $$$$

So! The first game has coop, but the problem is that it's not the campaign... which was terribly depressing. So I just quit playing it. The good news is, I loved the gameplay and was on 7x64.

I liked what I played so I bought and am currently downloading the 2nd one. It says that it is full coop.

bread's done
Back