Steam Weekend Deal - STALKER Bundle $10

[quote name='Cantatus']It's not up on the front page yet, but you can go here to see the deal.

It includes STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl and STALKER: Call of Pripyat, but not STALKER: Clear Sky.[/QUOTE]

clear sky is broken for me, with 480 gtx it still cant be run not to mention it takes 10-20 minutes to start up. as for this bundle its a steal since those are great games

Meh. I got Shadow of Chernobyl during the last holiday sale for $2, and I still haven't even played it. Damn backlog...

It's just as well, I'm already going to spend far too much on the other sales going on right now.

[quote name='BitLooter']Meh. I got Shadow of Chernobyl during the last holiday sale for $2, and I still haven't even played it. Damn backlog...

It's just as well, I'm already going to spend far too much on the other sales going on right now.[/QUOTE]

Hah, me too. When Pripyat is $5 alone, I'll buy that too and not play it for a year.

These games are goddamn incredible. The original was a broken piece of shit when it first came out, so you absolutely MUST install the COMPLETE 2009 mod. It fixes many things and includes new features that really heighten the playability of the game. CoP is solid without any mods, though.

$10 for one of the most original games in the last decade and its incredible sequel is an absolute steal.

[quote name='Cantatus']It's not up on the front page yet, but you can go here to see the deal.

It includes STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl and STALKER: Call of Pripyat, but not STALKER: Clear Sky.[/QUOTE]

That's a good deal.
Plus, if you want to be a STALKER Steam Version completist, Clear Sky is $10.00 on Steam.

I bought SOC and CS long time ago at Retail, both when they first came out, pretty much - each was $30, when I bought them.

I bought COP: Loyalty Edition a while back when it was on sale on Impulse - since it will work w/ Retail copies of SOC.

[quote name='hoi1ma']clear sky is broken for me, with 480 gtx it still cant be run not to mention it takes 10-20 minutes to start up. as for this bundle its a steal since those are great games[/QUOTE]

mac mentioned your drivers might be outdated but I'm posting to say that you can actually update your drivers through Steam now. Just go to your Library window, click Steam in the top left corner, and click Update Video Drivers.

[quote name='FrankTheTank3388']mac mentioned your drivers might be outdated but I'm posting to say that you can actually update your drivers through Steam now. Just go to your Library window, click Steam in the top left corner, and click Update Video Drivers.[/QUOTE]

That is a feature for ATi/AMD cards ONLY. AMD made a deal with Valve to distribute their drivers through Steam, nVidia has made no such deal so the CAG in question will in fact not be able to do that.

People who buy this pack should try out either Stalker Complete or LURK for Shadow of Cherynobyl, and I think Atmosfear for Call of Pripyat.

Oh, and Clear Sky is widely regarded as the worst of the three games by far, which is probably why it's not included.

[quote name='hoi1ma']not to mention it takes 10-20 minutes to start up.[/QUOTE]

You've waited 20 minutes for a game to start?? I haven't done that since my Commodore 64 days w/ games on cassette.

bread's done
Back