Steam Weekend Deal - Titan Quest Gold - $9.99 (50% off)

DukeEdwardI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
it appears with thanksgiving and stuff coming up, steam posted their weekend deal a few days early.

titan quest gold is $9.99 this week. from what i've heard it's a pretty good dungeon crawler that's a mirror image of diablo 2 with better graphics.

also, their are some new THQ packs offering package deals on all THQ/Relic games.

EDIT: here are the links to the THQ packs:
THQ Collector Pack - $99.99 FIX'D
THQ Action Pack - $59.99
Relic Super Pack - $49.99

i foresee a weekend sale with these sometime in the future :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Damnit, I just can't resist a good dungeon crawler for $10. Man, I need to stop visiting CAG until after the Christmas season...

[quote name='whitereflection']Ah fuck, I really don't need to be spending any more money. Does anyone remember how this game compared to Mythos?[/quote]
- I've never played Mythos, but it's my favorite Diablo-clone. I do like it better than Diablo due to the Dual Classes. Better graphics doesn't hurt either.

I don't see the point of purchasing this when I should be investing my time in the cheap copy of Hellgate I got before the servers shut down. Maybe next year.

[quote name='whitereflection']Cheating is rampant online, yes?[/quote]

It might be, but online doesn't work well with Vista anyhow, so if you're running Vista...it doesn't matter! Its a really good single player or LAN game. Titan Quest is by far my favorite PC game, even beating out Portal in terms of replayability. If I didn't already own both the original and expansion, I'd be buying this in a heartbeat. No one should miss this game, in my opinion. R.I.P. IronLore studios..here's hoping someone makes a TQ 2.

I'm really tempted to buy it. I have the original already, but never bought the expansion.
I wish it had an online mode like D2 so there isn't any cheating.

i just bought this a few days ago for $2o so this makes me very mad. Also my friend bought it for $20 only to find out it wont run on his computer.

THIS GAME DOES NOT RUN WITH INTEGRATED GRAPHICS AT ALL

ive enjoyed what i played so far but i am upset at spending $10 and my friend wasting $20. It would have been much better if only $10 of his was wasted.

I just bought parts for a new computer, which wont come in until this deal is dead. Can I purchase the game at this price, not download it, and just install it on my new machine when I get it built? I'd hate to buy it now and have it be tied to this crappy computer that can't run it.

[quote name='ex0']I just bought parts for a new computer, which wont come in until this deal is dead. Can I purchase the game at this price, not download it, and just install it on my new machine when I get it built? I'd hate to buy it now and have it be tied to this crappy computer that can't run it.[/QUOTE]
It's on steam. You can install it now on your current computer and then again on your new computer, or just wait until you get your new computer to install it. It isn't tied to any one computer. Steam ties the games to your account not to your computer (with a few exceptions requested by the publisher where they only allow five installs). That's one of the benefits of steam, any time you get a new computer, you just install steam and you have access to all the games you bought through steam.

[quote name='msdmoney']It's on steam. You can install it now on your current computer and then again on your new computer, or just wait until you get your new computer to install it. It isn't tied to any one computer. Steam ties the games to your account not to your computer (with a few exceptions requested by the publisher where they only allow five installs). That's one of the benefits of steam, any time you get a new computer, you just install steam and you have access to all the games you bought through steam.[/QUOTE]

Great!!! Thanks for the info.

Steam really is a great program, a huge step up from what it used to be.

Titan Quest is awesome fun, bite if you are a fan of rpg's.

To anyone who orders this, you really won't be disappointed. Better than Diablo in alot of ways thanks to the Immortal Throne expansion.
My recommendation, play through the normal mode solo, then find buddies for Epic and Legendary. If anyone wants to do Epic runs PM me, I have a Champion (Warfare/Nature) waiting to get back into battle.

[quote name='magiic']It's not showing up at $9.99 for me :(
It's coming up at $14.99
what gives?[/quote]

i noticed you're in new zealand. it's possible that the steam deal is only for US only. that's not for sure tho.

They either don't like New Zealand or Canada. Or maybe both. I've got my country down as Canada because thats the billing address for my CC I tried to just buy it for $14.99 because I do want it but it said this game is unavailable in my region. This is the first game I've been blocked on. In the past week or so I've bought Left4Dead, Garry's Mod, Team Fortress 2 & All the Sam & Max episodes when they were on sale.

If you know someone trustworthy in the US who has Steam, they could buy it as a gift, give you the gift code, then you could Paypal 'em the money.

Ended up picking this up. Managed to resist evil MMO urges with cheap Warhammer Online and cheapish WoW expansion over the weekend. $10 for some good monster whacking should do me better than $15 a month.

I really loved this game. I have both the core game and the expansion, and the expansion really adds to the streamlining of the UI as well as adding wonderful new things like recipes for insanely cool charms with mega-modifiers on them. The ONLY downside to the expansion was that the boss at the end of Titan Quest's main game became frackin' HARDER to beat. That's the only downside, though - get the game, install both the core game and expansion and start a new game. You'll play the game how it was meant to be played (and the original TQ release was already terrific in my opinion). Super, super value in my opinion.

finally gave in to the deal and bought it. it's funny how these weekend deals last well into monday morning. it's almost 11am here in MN and the deal is still good.

bread's done
Back