Steam Weekend Sale: "The Greatest Indie Pack" (5 Games) $9.99 (75% off)

darthbudge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Steam's Weekend Sale is this week is "The Greatest Indie Pack" for $9.99. That is 75% off of the usual price.

It includes:

Eets
Gravitron 2
I-Fluid
Multiwinia
Trials 2 Second Edition.

The individual games themselves are not discounted.

EDIT: I am still trying to decide if I am gonna buy it or not...

Last edited by a moderator:
You should add "5 games" to the title.

$2 a game is a great deal and it's hard to tell what this is just with the title of the pack

I would get this if I didn't already own Eets and if Trials 2 didn't make me want to break my 360 controller.

I think I'm going to bite. iFluid looks interesting and I wanted to get Trials 2 from the holiday sale but forgot about it.

damn im tempted i already own trials 2 from the weekend sale but i want to try darwinia and eets
also the pack is probably worth it alone for trials 2!

If it was Gravitron, Eets, and Multiwinia for $3.33/each I'd bite. Yet, the fact that I'd be buying Trials & i-Fluid again turns me off for some strange reason.
Odd, huh?

*ties rubber hose on arm, slaps inner elbow*

Okay, Valve I'm ready for this weeks fix. Shoot me up.

Ok... I just took the deal since it seemed good, but I thought that since I already had trials 2 and i-fluid, steam would allow me to gift my "extra copy". I opened up my games, but I don't see any extras there to gift. Should I contact steam about this?

[quote name='tenchim86'] Maybe I can gift those 2 games to somebody...
[/quote]
I wrote Steam Support about this during the Holiday Sale when I was contemplating buying packs that had lots of sim games I didn't want. You can't separate a pack of games into 'keep' and 'gift' and they have no plans to offer that ability in the future.:cry:

Luckily next week will more than likely be a TF2 weekend to coincide with the release of the Scout pack. Hooray 1 week of reprieve!!

[quote name='cheapo72']I wrote Steam Support about this during the Holiday Sale when I was contemplating buying packs that had lots of sim games I didn't want. You can't separate a pack of games into 'keep' and 'gift' and they have no plans to offer that ability in the future.:cry:[/quote]

Really? I could have sworn back when the Orange Box came out you could gift HL2 and Ep 1 if you already had them, (I didn't have them so I can't say for sure). Still, if thats the case then this is a no go for me as well. I am interested in iFluid but I already have Eets and Trials.

[quote name='bb4lake']Really? I could have sworn back when the Orange Box came out you could gift HL2 and Ep 1 if you already had them, (I didn't have them so I can't say for sure). Still, if thats the case then this is a no go for me as well. I am interested in iFluid but I already have Eets and Trials.[/quote]

u can only do that for those games any other duplicates u cant gift

[quote name='bb4lake']Really? I could have sworn back when the Orange Box came out you could gift HL2 and Ep 1 if you already had them, (I didn't have them so I can't say for sure). Still, if thats the case then this is a no go for me as well. I am interested in iFluid but I already have Eets and Trials.[/QUOTE]

The Orange Box was an exception to the rule. Originally, Valve was going to offer The Orange Box and The Black Box, the latter which would only include the new content (ie Portal, TF2, and HL2 Ep2) and be $10 cheaper. The Black Box was canceled, and to appease people who were upset that they were now rebuying games they already owned when they were told that wasn't going to be the case, Valve allowed people to gift their extra copies of HL2 and Ep 1.

on other unrelated material. my steam account was hijacked by a hacker. should i be worried if he can use my credit card information?

ah hell. i was going to bite on this and try and gift eets and trails 2 to somebody else but that's not allowed i guess? that's weird. oh well, i have enough indie time-killing games anyway. i don't need any more.

Ugh. I... I don't think I can resist this. =/ I managed to hold back on the Ghost Recon pack, and Left 4 Dead STILL seems overpriced at $25, but...
Steam, you finally got me.

[quote name='jodyanthony']Eets alone is worth $10, IMO. I love that game.[/quote]

I actually wasn't interested in Eets, but it is an awesome game!

Oh well. It would've been nice to gift one of my duplicates to someone on the boards, but alas, it was not meant to be. I'll have to play some of these games and see if it was worth it.

[quote name='Esoteria']Ugh. I... I don't think I can resist this. =/ I managed to hold back on the Ghost Recon pack, and Left 4 Dead STILL seems overpriced at $25, but...
Steam, you finally got me.[/quote]

you don't think left 4 dead is worth it at $25? even with all the free DLC coming out for it? well, i guess value is different for everybody, eh?

Well, I went ahead and decided to e-mail steam about the duplicate games even though I know I won't be getting them. It's always worth a try. I'll let you guys know the response.

Gravitron looks like something I would hate, but the others seem interesting. I watched the trailer for Eets and couldn't tell WTF was going on.

[quote name='bmachine']Gravitron looks like something I would hate, but the others seem interesting. I watched the trailer for Eets and couldn't tell WTF was going on.[/quote]

all you need to know is that it's basically lemmings and the incredible machine combined. it's a lot of fun once you get the hang of what's going on. try the demo.

I have eets on XBL. $2 for that game I feel is easily worth it. I'm very tempted (and probably will succumb) to get the pack. Simple games (with good/decent ratings) and they should run on my work computer.

I already have three of the games from previous sales (Eets, Trials 2 and I-Fluid) or I would pick this up.

Trials 2 is a lot of fun, but it can be one of the most difficult games I have played. I spent nearly an hour on King of the Beer and couldn't get past it. I got past the big hill, but there is an incline with a couple steps that I couldn't get past.

Ah, I first didn't go for the deal. But after reading some of the above recommendations and watching the iFluid video, I went and picked up the indie pack. I did enjoy the Multiwinia demo, so I should have some fun with that at least.

Bought this in the same heartbeat that I saw it this morning at work. Been wanting to try Eets, Trials 2, and I-Fluid for a while. Was just waiting for such a deal, and not only that but I get two other very good indie titles too? It wasn't even a question at 9.99.

[quote name='kipz']Is anyone else not able to order this? It says they couldn't add the item.[/quote]
Same here. I thought I was going crazy there >_>. Seems there servers are being hit hard or something.

Its seems to be working now. Just purchased it. Such great deals :p.

Wow, Steam just went down. I'm going to have to check out some of those demos and gameplay videos before I pull the trigger, but that price is nothing to sneeze at. Argh, my plate is so full at the moment!

I've never really even heard of these games but I went ahead and bought the pack. It's funny that companies are selling map packs with 3 or 4 maps on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, while Steam is getting weekend deals with 5 games for $10. :lol:

[quote name='bigwoof']on other unrelated material. my steam account was hijacked by a hacker. should i be worried if he can use my credit card information?[/quote]
I don't think there is an option for Steam to save your Credit Card info, I always have to put it in when I buy something.
Just send Steam support your credit card number and account name, I'm sure you'll get your account back in no time.

Ah, Steam got me again. I was sort of kicking myself for not getting Eets when it was previously a Weekend Deal. This way I pretty much got it and 4 free games (well, 3 since I got Trials 2 during the holiday sale).

bread's done
Back