Steelbook Collecting

Zaku77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
I know there's a thread in the DVD/BR section, but that focuses mainly on (wait for it) DVD/BRs! I know there's a lot of collectors here on CAG, and we should have a place to talk about upcoming steelbooks, show off the ones we already have, and brag when we snag one up that we've been wanting for a while.

I'm planning on doing a video of all of mine at the end of the year, but I'll definitely be chiming in with my two cents before then, as well.

So CAGs, brag, speculate, and covet your cheap asses off!

Also, I could make this a wiki, so that the OP could be updated with upcoming steelbooks, if you'd all like? There are a couple from the UK in the next couple of months, and Futureshop has a fuck ton due out this year. It might be nice to have all of them arranged by date and easily view-able in here.

I expect so. haha

I can't compete with his blu ray collection, but I don't think my collection of game steelbooks can be rivaled! lol

That dead island steel book from best buy is nice. I picked that up today. And its basically free since you can cancel the pre order.

[quote name='Zaku77']I was not aware that you could just go back and cancel it. I guess I should have kept my receipt ten... lol[/QUOTE]
forgive me if this is a stupid question since i don't preorder games often, how do you get the steelbook by cancelling your preorder if you're not even given it until you pick the game up on launch day?

related to that, how are there already so many copies on ebay?

[quote name='NiiNJA']forgive me if this is a stupid question since i don't preorder games often, how do you get the steelbook by cancelling your preorder if you're not even given it until you pick the game up on launch day?

related to that, how are there already so many copies on ebay?[/QUOTE]

Because the Dead Island Riptide steelbook has been available in store for a couple of weeks. It was like the Ass Creed III US Steelbook in that you got it when you pre-ordered, not when you pick up the game. It's a pretty awesome way of doing things!

oh, that's weird. it says in numerous articles online that you don't get the book until the game is released and i called a local gamestop earlier today after reading this thread and they said the same thing.

That might be the way they are doing it, but Best Buy have had them out for a little while. I think Future Shop, in Canada, has also had them out for a couple weeks.

ps3_crysis_2_fr-import_micromania-fr_exclusiv_steelbook_full2.jpg

I just got this one on the way. So awesome!

Edit: I'm a retard. How do I make it be a picture? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to put the IMG tags on it (img)thepictureurl(/url)-- replace the ( ) with [ ].

I got into steelbook for a short period but quickly lost interest. Most steelbooks look great... but the slightest flaw looks so bad that I just backed out. Now, the only steelbooks I get are if they're part of special editions.

just got the dead island riptide steelbook and the AC3 steelbook at best buy. i plan on cancelling my preorders and keeping the books

Haha I did the same thing. I wish Gamestop was giving away the Ni No Kuni steelbook now, instead of when it is picked up. That would make that situation a lot easier.

[quote name='Zaku77']Haha I did the same thing. I wish Gamestop was giving away the Ni No Kuni steelbook now, instead of when it is picked up. That would make that situation a lot easier.[/QUOTE]
do you need to actively cancel? or will it cancel itself if you just don't pick the game up?

[quote name='uiengineer']do you need to actively cancel? or will it cancel itself if you just don't pick the game up?[/QUOTE]
You're money will just sit there unless you cancel.

How am I supposed to get the steel book for Ni and the super LE?! :(

I'll just be returning my Gamestop copy. I know the morality police have their opinions on that, but as my new favorite quote says: "Tell me truly, have you no filth in your soul?". I don't even want to hear it... lol

I'm just looking forward to getting my huge box of steelbooks from my friend in Scotland. So far I have these piled up:

Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Vanquish
Killzone 1
Splinter Cell Conviction (The UK version)
MAG

With these soon to come:
Crysis (PC)
Dawn of War II (PC)

:DDDDD

Lol, yours is in the movie section and flooded by blu-ray crap. We need a dedicated video game one. We just need someone that's not as lazy as me to put in the release dates and pictures! lol

I pre-ordered AC3 online so will be getting the Steelbook with the game when it ships.....could I return the game and keep the steelbook? I just can't pay $60 for AC since I know it will be $30-$40 in a month

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']:wii: Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (Future Shop Exclusive) Bonus SteelBook - 11/18/12

10224720.jpg
[/QUOTE]

that looks pretty cool.

/not sarcasm

Incred, since you're posting pictures, there is also:

CoD BLOPS 2 - Futureshop
Hitman Absolution - Futureshop
Hitman Absolution - Game.fr
Halo 4 - Futureshop
Halo 4 - Game UK

:360: Halo 4 Wireless Controller + SteelBook Bundle - 11/6/12

10210182.jpg

The Future Shop exclusive Halo 4 controller bundle includes one Halo 4 limited edition controller, and a copy of the Future Shop Exclusive Halo 4 SteelBook! Please note, the Halo 4 video game is sold separately.

There are 3 different Rising steelbooks now!! Madness I say! There were also 4 for Halo 4 and 4 for Ass Creed 3; things are getting ridiculous! lol

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Pre-order action

Order now Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance front-Steelbook and you get the free steelbook: Revengeance for the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 along with a Metal Gear Rising.

Here's how: Simply place a checkmark next to a game and a steelbook and add items to your shopping cart. Run your order as usual over.

The reduction in the amount of steelbook price will be displayed at the end of the ordering process in the overview.

:ps3: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - EUR 57,99 (EUR 48,73 after VAT)
:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - EUR 57,99 (EUR 48,73 after VAT)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Steelbook for PS3 - EUR 14,99 (EUR 12,60 after VAT)
:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Steelbook for Xbox 360 - EUR 14,99 (EUR 12,60 after VAT)

Shipping
Game Only - EUR 5,99
SteelBook Only - EUR 3,00
Game + SteelBook - EUR 5,99

Note:
- Please note that purchases via Amazon.de Marketplace are excluded from this promotion.
- This offer is based on a discount per order.

Amazon.de

Not so fast!

In-store only: Pre-order Metal Gear Rising: Revengence now and receive a Future Shop Exclusive Steelbook!

How to get this deal:
Pre-order Metal Gear Rising: Revengence today and receive a Future Shop Exclusive SteelBook!

*Please note this offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Offer valid until February 18, 2013. Limit one per customer, per purchase. Limited quantities, while supplies last. See in-store for full details

Future Shop Exclusive SteelBook when you purchase or pre-order online.

SteelBook Classics on sale - $4.99 each or 3 for $10.

Offer Valid: July 2-4, 2013. Online Only.

FIFA 14 - $59.99 (PS3, PS4, X360, XONE)

Battlefield 4 - $59.99 (PS3, PS4, X360, XONE)

Call of Duty: Ghosts - $59.99 (PS3, PS4, X360, XONE)

Pokemon X  - $39.99 (3DS)

Pokemon Y - $39.99 (3DS)

http://www.futureshop.ca/CATALOG/category.aspx?category=steelbooks

Future Shop Exclusive SteelBook when you purchase or pre-order online.

SteelBook Classics on sale - $4.99 each or 3 for $10.

Offer Valid: July 2-4, 2013. Online Only.

FIFA 14 - $59.99 (PS3, PS4, X360, XONE)

Battlefield 4 - $59.99 (PS3, PS4, X360, XONE)

Call of Duty: Ghosts - $59.99 (PS3, PS4, X360, XONE)

Pokemon X - $39.99 (3DS)

Pokemon Y - $39.99 (3DS)

http://www.futureshop.ca/CATALOG/category.aspx?category=steelbooks
Where are the game Steelbooks? Can't find them.

bread's done
Back