The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']seriously?[/QUOTE]

You're paying premium prices for premium casing and you're acting like you wouldn't exchange it if it was scratched also.

I think I'm taking back the 3 LOTR ones and getting SafeHouse and the Matrix one.

I have the EE LOTRs and like that package a lot more then the steels.

[quote name='Finch106']was Amazon the only place to get this?[/QUOTE]
This and Flicker Alley

http://www.flickeralley.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=49

I notice Deluxe Edition is a dual Blu-ray case on the publisher site.

Starting June 5, 2012, A TRIP TO THE MOON/THE EXTRAORDINARY VOYAGE will be available in a new Deluxe Combo Blu-Ray DVD Edition (packaged in a dual Blu-ray case). PLEASE NOTE: Pre-orders for the Deluxe Combo edition will be shipped on June 5, 2012

[quote name='Scorch']That's what I get for holding out on the steelbook.[/QUOTE]
I never win. I either jump on it right away and they drop to $1 or I wait it out and miss it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']meh, for the content included it wasn't worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

I loved it. Flicker Alley even sent me a replacement blu for the one that had an error on the soundtrack.

As for opening sealed steelbooks, I am one who does. I don't like the thought of purchasing something so unique and not being able to enjoy it.

M

I noticed that Best Buy is listing an exclusive edition of Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows. Any word that it'll be a Steelbook to compliment the first movie? It certainly looks like a Steelbook on the thumbnail image:

5573608.jpg

[quote name='WingsDJY']I noticed that Best Buy is listing an exclusive edition of Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows. Any word that it'll be a Steelbook to compliment the first movie? It certainly looks like a Steelbook on the thumbnail image:

5573608.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows:
  • SteelBook Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray, DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $26.99 *Best Buy exclusive*

[quote name='Taco5']Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows:
  • SteelBook Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray, DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $26.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That explains the $26.99 version, but what about the $12.99 version? I just saw you posted the BB ad for next week, but I don't get why the website lists the $12.99 version as exclusive.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Thanks. That explains the $26.99 version, but what about the $12.99 version? I just saw you posted the BB ad for next week, but I don't get why the website lists the $12.99 version as exclusive.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. :whistle2:#

[quote name='WingsDJY']Thanks. That explains the $26.99 version, but what about the $12.99 version? I just saw you posted the BB ad for next week, but I don't get why the website lists the $12.99 version as exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Probably some exclusive content.
Although I'm surprised at the price regardless.
$12.99 for a just released blu-ray?
Dang, go Best Buy.
I haven't really bothered shopping anywhere else except the grocery store.

I'm betting it's just exclusive because it's a 1 disc release and all the other retailers only have the blu/dvd/dc version.

Likely it's going to be like a rental copy (sans special features) without the ugly rental banner of course.

[quote name='dmdragon']I'm betting it's just exclusive because it's a 1 disc release and all the other retailers only have the blu/dvd/dc version.

Likely it's going to be like a rental copy (sans special features) without the ugly rental banner of course.[/QUOTE]

Amazon also has the movie only edition listed. The mystery continues.

If anyone is interested I picked up Sherlock Holmes and it is G2 sized for those of you into that kind of thing.

here are some pictures:

raxg5k.png

24103u9.png

r1h4y9.png

rtgb43.png

Why do the discs have to look so ugly?!

GNM is the one who posted those pictures on BluRay.com, he said that it was on display early with the first Sherlock Holmes.

Great that it's G2!

[quote name='Scorch']GNM is the one who posted those pictures on BluRay.com, he said that it was on display early with the first Sherlock Holmes.

That said, I hate that it's G2. I get all excited regarding Best Buy's exclusive steelbooks, then it ends up being G2. Safe House, Sherlock Holmes: GOS, Fast Five, Green Lantern, and Jurassic Park.. I've wanted to buy all five then didn't, just because they're G2. So lame.[/QUOTE]

Are you confusing G1 and G2? Doesn't G1 = DVD sized and G2 = BD sized?

Safe House = G1
Sherlock Holmes: GOS = G2

[quote name='Scorch']GNM is the one who posted those pictures on BluRay.com, he said that it was on display early with the first Sherlock Holmes.

That said, I hate that it's G1. I get all excited regarding Best Buy's exclusive steelbooks, then it ends up being G1. Safe House, Fast Five, Green Lantern, and Jurassic Park.. I've wanted to buy all four then didn't, just because they're G1. So lame.[/QUOTE]
Fixed ;)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Fixed ;)[/QUOTE]

Good, I'm not crazy.

Anyway, one can tell it's BD sized with the way the two discs are held in the case in the last pic.

Sorry, it's early.

I know the difference between G1 and G2. I think that I'm so used to Best Buy producing G1 steelbooks and along with it being early, I mixed the two up and ranted on G1 steelbooks.

[quote name='Scorch']Sorry, it's early.

I know the difference between G1 and G2. I think that I'm so used to Best Buy producing G1 steelbooks and along with it being early, I mixed the two up and ranted on G1 steelbooks.[/QUOTE]

You still continue to believe Best Buy are producing these steelbooks? :roll:

[quote name='ssjmichael']You still continue to believe Best Buy are producing these steelbooks? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Not producing as in creating, producing as in.. bringing them forth (to market). I realize that Best Buy is not involved in the literal creation of the steelbooks, but I think that they're ultimately the ones who make the call on whether or not the item is G1 or G2.

No, I'm saying.. I think that Best Buy had ultimately made the call for Fast Five, Green Lantern, Jurassic Park and Safe House to be G1 and they finally made the right call with Sherlock Holmes being G2.

Great that it's G2![/QUOTE]

Just for clarity's sake I am GNM on BR.com :D

[quote name='Scorch']Not producing as in creating, producing as in.. bringing them forth (to market). I realize that Best Buy is not involved in the literal creation of the steelbooks, but I think that they're ultimately the ones who make the call on whether or not the item is G1 or G2.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. It's more likely the studio's decision. It's no coincidence that the majority of G1 titles you mentioned come from Universal. It's not like BB only released G1 Steelbooks until now, there have been many that were G2 in the past. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but it wouldn't exactly make sense to say BB is picking and choosing which they make G1 and which are G2.

Just got the Return of the Living Dead steelbook from amazon UK. It looks amazing in person, I highly recommend it if anyone's even slightly interested in it.

[quote name='opterasis']Just got the Return of the Living Dead steelbook from amazon UK. It looks amazing in person, I highly recommend it if anyone's even slightly interested in it.[/QUOTE]

I got it too. amd I really like it.. It's can play on Region A players btw. It may first give you a warning that it won't play in your region, but hit the top menu or disc menu button and it'll go right to the main menu. It won't play all the special features however as those are in PAL format, but it does play the main documentary.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I got it too. amd I really like it.. It's can play on Region A players btw. It may first give you a warning that it won't play in your region, but hit the top menu or disc menu button and it'll go right to the main menu. It won't play all the special features however as those are in PAL format, but it does play the main documentary.[/QUOTE]

Different features on the same disc can have different region encodings? I never knew that...

[quote name='Scorch']No, I'm saying.. I think that Best Buy had ultimately made the call for Fast Five, Green Lantern, Jurassic Park and Safe House to be G1 and they finally made the right call with Sherlock Holmes being G2.[/QUOTE]Some of the other ones they've done in the past have flipped between G1 and G2. Hurt Locker was G1 and Salt was G2, plus Halo Legends was G2. Underworld Awakening was G2.

All of the current WB steelbooks are obviously G2, plus the past Disney steelbooks they did were G2 as well. The pre-order bonus steelbooks have also been G2.

Walmart did Battle LA as a G2 steelbook, plus all the RE steelbooks were G2. Target did Cowboys and Aliens as a G2 steelbook as well.

I hope that maybe we're going to move into all the BB steelbooks being G2 from this point forward. We'll see how it goes with Wrath Of The Titans.

[quote name='Scorch']Not producing as in creating, producing as in.. bringing them forth (to market). I realize that Best Buy is not involved in the literal creation of the steelbooks, but I think that they're ultimately the ones who make the call on whether or not the item is G1 or G2.[/QUOTE]

Its ultimately up to the studio that produced the movie whether or not to release the steel as G1 or G2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back