The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']with no inside artwork.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's me but I don't care much for artwork inside. The only time I see it is to put the movie in the player, and to put it back inside the case.

[quote name='Mako1215']Maybe it's me but I don't care much for artwork inside. The only time I see it is to put the movie in the player, and to put it back inside the case.[/QUOTE]
What about a tiny round sticker on the front. lol

[quote name='opterasis']Just got the Return of the Living Dead steelbook from amazon UK. It looks amazing in person, I highly recommend it if anyone's even slightly interested in it.[/QUOTE]

Can I order from amazon.uk from the States?
Or do I have to get someone else to buy one and send it to me?

[quote name='grrouchie']Can I order from amazon.uk from the States?
Or do I have to get someone else to buy one and send it to me?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can, using your existing amazon.com account too. For reference you can also order from HMV UK, and I believe Zavvi.com too. The only main UK site you can't order from is Play.com, which sucks since they often have exclusive Steelbooks.

Anyway, I ordered my return of the living dead from Amazon UK and it took about 8 days or so to arrive. The packaging was pretty good too, it set up in a way to keep the Steelbook perfectly secure within the box.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes you can, using your existing amazon.com account too. For reference you can also order from HMV UK, and I believe Zavvi.com too. The only main UK site you can't order from is Play.com, which sucks since they often have exclusive Steelbooks.

Anyway, I ordered my return of the living dead from Amazon UK and it took about 8 days or so to arrive. The packaging was pretty good too, it set up in a way to keep the Steelbook perfectly secure within the box.[/QUOTE]Zavvi and HMV both ship to the US, plus Amazon.

Play won't do it, no.

HMV is doing 20% off of blu's for the weekend, works on preorders as well. Code is H8BLU20.

Play hinted to me that US shipping might be coming soon. They've told me to find a UK citizen to ship things to me for now. The owner of the twitter account refused to be my UK friend to ship things to me in the US.

I just want to give them my money. :(

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']If you didn't get one then too bad.

Welcome to $100 OOP Club.[/QUOTE]

It's still available on flicker alley.

I had to post this. I'm sure Xage is jealous of my possession.

[customspoiler=Hi Im Batman]
2n137n.jpg
[/customspoiler]

[quote name='Finch106']It's still available on flicker alley.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Try to add it to your cart.

/edit: That copy of The Dark Knight w/ the joker head statue was nearly impossible to find, I went on day one and they hadn't even got any in. I did get the miniature figures, though.

Excellent, Thanks for the info.
I just put my order in because that steelbook looks bloody sweet.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yes you can, using your existing amazon.com account too. For reference you can also order from HMV UK, and I believe Zavvi.com too. The only main UK site you can't order from is Play.com, which sucks since they often have exclusive Steelbooks.

Anyway, I ordered my return of the living dead from Amazon UK and it took about 8 days or so to arrive. The packaging was pretty good too, it set up in a way to keep the Steelbook perfectly secure within the box.[/QUOTE]

One of my local best buys had one for the longest time - the box was beat up pretty terrible though and looked like someone tried to open it to steal the bobble-head.

It was still marked at 34.99 and so I tried to get a discount just to have the bobble-head in my collection but they wouldn't let me.
So, I put it back but put it in a more visible location and it was gone within two days.

[quote name='Scorch']Nope. Try to add it to your cart.

/edit: That copy of The Dark Knight w/ the joker head statue was nearly impossible to find, I went on day one and they hadn't even got any in. I did get the miniature figures, though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='grrouchie']One of my local best buys had one for the longest time - the box was beat up pretty terrible though and looked like someone tried to open it to steal the bobble-head.

It was still marked at 34.99 and so I tried to get a discount just to have the bobble-head in my collection but they wouldn't let me.
So, I put it back but put it in a more visible location and it was gone within two days.[/QUOTE]
my store still have the batman bobble-head but the box was beat up. i'm gonna wait for upcoming sale during TDKR weeks or something.

[quote name='Scorch']Nope. Try to add it to your cart.

[/QUOTE]

It's in my cart and I'm at the paypal sign in page, if you want it I suggest you get it.

[quote name='Scorch']Flicker Alley restocked today.[/QUOTE]

Again, if you want one get one before people here load up and unload at $100 a pop. Took 3 days to get it down to Texas from LA, and shipping was free. Well packed in an oversized cardboard box with bubble wrap. BTW, you'll need a replacement disc for the correct soundtrack options, they have how to do it listed on the product's page.

[quote name='samusaran226']I was disappointed that the Best Buy steelbooks didn't have any artwork inside so I just decided to add some myself.

25iqbub.jpg

ofv9r6.jpg

f26ipy.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What kind of printer/ paper do you use? I'd be interested in doing something like it.

[quote name='DestroVega']What kind of printer/ paper do you use? I'd be interested in doing something like it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't print them myself. I ordered it from WinkFlash.com. Just 25 cents per photo and I believe only about 89 cents to ship up to 10 photos. I just found some images I liked online, cropped them to a 5x7 ratio and uploaded them to the WinkFlash to have them print it out. Only thing you have to do is cut the photos around 1/4 of an inch or less from the top or bottom to get them to fit under the plastic.

Do you find it difficult to lift up the plastic off the steelbook? I tried for the first time the other day and it was pretty tough to do it. Not sure if there's an easy way I'm missing or not

This is the tutorial I used as a guide, but mine definitely didn't come off as easily. The tutorial does mention getting one to practice on so I guess it's something that gets easier the more you do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W5CDy7t8nU

[quote name='Scorch']Flicker Alley restocked today.[/QUOTE]

Is it me or are they OOS? I wanted to pick one up after missing on AZ but it isn't allowing me to add anything to the cart from the product page

[quote name='GBAstar']Is it me or are they OOS? I wanted to pick one up after missing on AZ but it isn't allowing me to add anything to the cart from the product page[/QUOTE] Just tried and it added one to my cart. Try a different browser or something.

[quote name='GBAstar']Is it me or are they OOS? I wanted to pick one up after missing on AZ but it isn't allowing me to add anything to the cart from the product page[/QUOTE]
clear your cookies.

[quote name='Geauxn']Just tried and it added one to my cart. Try a different browser or something.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']clear your cookies.[/QUOTE]

You guys are right. I used a bad link off of yahoo that must have been from an earlier sale because they (flicker alley) were offering it for $34.95. I went to the main website and see it is now $39.95 but I have the option of adding it to my cart.

If a buy two (one to watch, one to keep sealed) do you think they'll send replacement discs for both?

Edit: I don't see why they wouldn't as long as I pay S/H ($3.95) for the replacement discs

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']just buy one if you want to keep it sealed and order the replacement disc to watch.[/QUOTE]

is there inner artwork?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Do you find it difficult to lift up the plastic off the steelbook? I tried for the first time the other day and it was pretty tough to do it. Not sure if there's an easy way I'm missing or not

This is the tutorial I used as a guide, but mine definitely didn't come off as easily. The tutorial does mention getting one to practice on so I guess it's something that gets easier the more you do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W5CDy7t8nU[/QUOTE]

Yea that's the same video I watched to get me to want to do this. I didn't find it particularly hard. I just looked for a gap along the edges while i tried to pull the plastic down a bit and slowly stuck my knife in there. As you push the knife in deeper the tin just sort of pops off the plastic and then you can carefully slide the tongs out to completely remove it. I was worried this would be more difficult than it ended up being for me and I'd mess up the steelbook completely but it wasn't so bad. Just requires some patience and steady hands I guess. Don't try to force anything, just keep pushing the knife in til it pops open a bit.

[quote name='GBAstar']is there inner artwork?[/QUOTE]
There is a thin booklet with pics inside but no inner artwork on steelbook.
I am assuming you are talking about A trip to the moon

[quote name='samusaran226']Yea that's the same video I watched to get me to want to do this. I didn't find it particularly hard. I just looked for a gap along the edges while i tried to pull the plastic down a bit and slowly stuck my knife in there. As you push the knife in deeper the tin just sort of pops off the plastic and then you can carefully slide the tongs out to completely remove it. I was worried this would be more difficult than it ended up being for me and I'd mess up the steelbook completely but it wasn't so bad. Just requires some patience and steady hands I guess. Don't try to force anything, just keep pushing the knife in til it pops open a bit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Might have been the blade I was using too, might have been too thick or something *shrug*

I've always had luck using an old credit card or license to pry open the plastic from the Steelbook.

[quote name='samusaran226']I didn't print them myself. I ordered it from WinkFlash.com. Just 25 cents per photo and I believe only about 89 cents to ship up to 10 photos. I just found some images I liked online, cropped them to a 5x7 ratio and uploaded them to the WinkFlash to have them print it out. Only thing you have to do is cut the photos around 1/4 of an inch or less from the top or bottom to get them to fit under the plastic.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='VTCO']I've always had luck using an old credit card or license to pry open the plastic from the Steelbook.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that suggestion. I just tried with an old giftcard I had lying around and it worked a lot better for me. I also feel a lot less paranoid taking a piece of plastic to it than a sharp blade :D

I also must say that the older Steelbook I used (Wall-E) is so much better in terms of quality materials than the V for Vendtta one I got from best buy. The latter is very flims and the paint job feels like it could chip off easily. I'm glad I got it for only $10,.

I'm trying to figure out how to size things to the size of the steelbook. I keep seeing "Take a 5x7 and trim it." But I'm trying to print out my own stuff and can't figure it out because they're in pixels and I really don't know what I'm doing.

Is there a place when I can put a picture up and it will resize it for me in inches/centimeters?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']just buy one if you want to keep it sealed and order the replacement disc to watch.[/QUOTE]

replacement disc?

[quote name='Animal7390']replacement disc?[/QUOTE]

The steelbook of A trip to the moon has a soundtrack error and they offer replacement discs from flickeralley for the cost of shipping.

[quote name='Finch106']The steelbook of A trip to the moon has a soundtrack error and they offer replacement discs from flickeralley for the cost of shipping.[/QUOTE]
Not anymore. Got a mail from them today that the new copies have correct disc inside.
Am glad I didn't order this earlier. Even if I keep it sealed, it is nice to have one with correct disc inside

[quote name='Vash1306']Got my copy, did a online order/store pick-up. Glad I did because I didn't see any left on the floor when I went at noon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkLIWCpIudo[/QUOTE]

Anyone else have a similar experience? I live in a small market and have never had problems getting steelbooks on release day but when I went in this afternoon the sales associate informed me that they only had one, which I was able to pick up.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Not anymore. Got a mail from them today that the new copies have correct disc inside.
Am glad I didn't order this earlier. Even if I keep it sealed, it is nice to have one with correct disc inside[/QUOTE]
How do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back