The Expendables: Extended Cut (Media Markt) (Germany) - 2/24/12
Warrior - Limited Edition (Germany) - 2/24/12
In Time (Triple Play) (Play.com) (UK) - 2/27/12

March
The Three Musketeers (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/1/12
Assassin's Creed III (Pre-Order) - 3/5/12 Best Buy/GameStop
Immortals 3D (Triple Play) (UK) - 3/5/12
Mass Effect's Collection (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/6/12
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Limited Edition (Pre-Order) - 3/20/12 PS3/Xbox 360
The Thing (Germany) - 3/22/12
HOP (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/23/12
Immortals (3D+2D) (France) - 3/23/12
Paranormal Activity 3 (Germany) - 3/28/12
A Trip to the Moon (1902) - 3/27/12
In Time (Media Markt) (Germany) - 3/30/12
The Adventures of Tintin - Limited Fine Art Collectible Boxset (Amazon.de) (Germany) - 3/31/12

April
Pandora's Tower: Limited Edition (Europe Exclusive) (Nintendo Wii) - 4/18/12
The Return of the Living Dead(UK) - 4/9/12(Amazon Exclusive) (France) - 4/18/12
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (HMV Exclusive) (UK) - 4/23/12
Lifeboat (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 4/23/12
Prototype 2 (Best Buy Exclusive) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360
Prototype 2 (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada) - 4/24/12 PS3/Xbox 360

May
Diablo III (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/15/12 PC (Pre-Order)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/22/12 PS3/Xbox 360 (Pre-Order)
Underworld: Awakening (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 5/8/12
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (BD+DVD+DC) Collector's Edition (France) - 5/9/12
Island of Lost Souls (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 5/28/12

June

King of New York Limited Edition (UK) - 6/04/12
A-Team (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Braveheart (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12
Blow (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Kick-Ass (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Limitless (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Piranha (Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
Taken (Play.com UK exclusive) - 6/04/12Double Indemnity (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12
The Lost Weekend (Masters of Cinema) Limited Edition (UK) - 6/25/12

July

August

September
Jaws Limited Edition (UK) - 9/3/12
Lady Snowblood/Lady Snowblood II (UK-Region B) - 9/14/12
Marvel's The Avengers [3D+2D+Bonus Disc] (Germany) - 9/30/12

October

November
E.T. (UK) - 11/12/12
Zombie Flesh Eaters (UK) - 11/26/12

December

Other Metal Packaging

Viva Metal Box
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/16/12
Real Steel (Hong Kong) - 1/17/12
Real Steel (Taiwan) - 1/30/12
The Muppets (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 3/4/12
The Muppets (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/20/12
John Carter (3D Combo) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/05/12
The Lion King (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) -
The Lion King 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -
The Avengers (Best Buy) (Pre-Sell) - 8/28/12
The Avengers 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/25/12
The Avengers 3D (Asia) -
Cinderella (Best Best) (Pre-Sell) - 9/2/12
Cinderella (Future Shop) (Canada) - 10/2/12Brave 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) -

Lunch Box
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Best Buy) - 3/20/12Cars 2 (Disney Movie Rewards)

Slipcase
Iron Man (Australia) -
Iron Man 2 (Australia) -
Transformers (Australia) -
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Australia) -
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Australia) -

Tin Case
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (Worldwide) - 3/6/12
The Muppets (Wocka Wocka Edition) (Brazil)

Briefcase
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) - 9/25/12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Do you have the pic for the back side?[/QUOTE]
I haven't opened it yet & the paper on back looks as below

e7b2g6.jpg

oh boy.

Spider-Man (Blu-ray Steelbook)(Future Shop Exclusive)
Current MSRP (subject to change): $19.99
SKU: 2200934

Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray Steelbook)(Future Shop Exclusive)
SKU: 2200935

Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray Steelbook)(Future Shop Exclusive)
SKU: 2200938

Men In Black (Blu-ray Steelbook)(Future Shop Exclusive)
SKU: 2200937

Men In Black II (Blu-ray Steelbook)(Future Shop Exclusive)
SKU: 2200936

Hmmm I preordered the Dead Islaned Riptide steelbook on BestBuy.com roughly 3 weeks ago when it was posted in the Games section. They havent even announced a release date at all to my knowledge for the game or the steelbook by itself, so this has me curious how my online preorder will be handled if your able to just purchase in store now.

Is this just a workers mistake or has any one else found these at their locations? Id really appreciate it!

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Hmmm I preordered the Dead Islaned Riptide steelbook on BestBuy.com roughly 3 weeks ago when it was posted in the Games section. They havent even announced a release date at all to my knowledge for the game or the steelbook by itself, so this has me curious how my online preorder will be handled if your able to just purchase in store now.

Is this just a workers mistake or has any one else found these at their locations? Id really appreciate it![/QUOTE]

I did the same as you, preordered for $5 online and the charges just keep going back and forth.

I went to BBY a couple hrs ago to trade in some games and I didn't see these or the Cinderella but they have a bunch of Avengers.

So you got charged too eh? Got me excited/nervous cause I was like "Wait is this game coming out soon or something!?!?". Id love me some more Dead Island, but first I want my steelbook. The fact the guy above got two steelbooks already and I preordered and havent gotten any notice concerning anything is kinda annoying to be honest.

Picked up a Rip-Tide steelbook.
They had the Terminator ones but I just didn't have the money on me for it - might have to go back later.
Also picked up a Random Wham-Shell

Picked up the last copy of the Avengers case at a store a little further out because the store closest apparently never got any. Tried to find the Cinderella hoping that they would have put it on the shelves earlier than the "release date" but no such luck.

The Cinderella case is available for in store pickup if people wanted to "guarantee" they snag a copy without having to go early in the morning.

Ugh, well im glad you guys are having luck with the Riptide steelbooks and the Avengers one. My local BB is being very slow on getting these out. I guess the Riptide steelbooks are meant to be put out at this moment.

I remember Steelbooks seeming to be more exclusive and less common. Now its like "Oh hey look a movie! Lets print it on metal and release it again at 200% of the cost". Its kinda ridiculous and has gotten silly with certain movies getting steelbooks. I try to buy just the ones for movies im a big fan of, outside that I dont have the funds to collect most if even 50% of the ones that are coming out now.

[quote name='coopscohen']Picked up the last copy of the Avengers case at a store a little further out because the store closest apparently never got any. [/QUOTE]
What a debacle. The Avengers steelbook isn't even supposed to go on sale until 9/2 and it has been sold out everywhere near me since early this week. If best buy wasn't such a terribly run corporation they would actually advertise that they have the exclusive steelbooks, and sell them at the correct time to generate foot traffic and increased sales. But why generate audience excitement over the blur-ray release of the biggest summer blockbuster?!:roll:

So I dashed to my local BestBuy and sure enough they had a Dead Island Riptide display out. The Avengers steelbooks werent out yet but they grabbed a couple for me. The Dead Island steelbooks they only had 6 of, so possibly really limited. Avengers on the other hand they had a ton of.

[quote name='slickkill77']I posted this a few pages back for anyone looking to get steelbooks from play.com

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=6123831

This person on the blu ray forums runs an at cost shipping program for Steelbooks from the UK[/QUOTE]
Thank you. I was watching their forums for anything about Cinderella and possibly Finding Nemo and My Neighbor Totoro in the future, and didn't see that thread.

I believe I'll be spending more than I should on a movie I haven't seen, but the UK Prometheus SB is sick.
20933547_500x500_3.jpg

I got my Saving Private Ryan steelbook from him. It came in the other day but I missed the postal worker so I can't pick it up until Tuesday, but I'd have no problem using him again.

I picked up the Riptide Steelbook today, thanks for the OP everyone. But I also have a question for more experience collectors. I want to purchase the ET Steelbook from Target coming out in October and I was just curious if I should preorder the edition now or should I wait for a better deal?

[quote name='PublikDefender']What a debacle. The Avengers steelbook isn't even supposed to go on sale until 9/2 and it has been sold out everywhere near me since early this week. If best buy wasn't such a terribly run corporation they would actually advertise that they have the exclusive steelbooks, and sell them at the correct time to generate foot traffic and increased sales. But why generate audience excitement over the blur-ray release of the biggest summer blockbuster?!:roll:[/QUOTE]

A BB I went to last night had them out for sale as well. Several copies still on the shelves...considering trying to go back this week to get one.

I hate Play.com because they still don't ship to the US.

Good on them for not making that a landscape steelbook though, those are stupid.

[quote name='PublikDefender']What a debacle. The Avengers steelbook isn't even supposed to go on sale until 9/2 and it has been sold out everywhere near me since early this week. If best buy wasn't such a terribly run corporation they would actually advertise that they have the exclusive steelbooks, and sell them at the correct time to generate foot traffic and increased sales. But why generate audience excitement over the blur-ray release of the biggest summer blockbuster?!:roll:[/QUOTE]

Actually they were on sell 08/28/12 and if you look at the back of the SB they were dated for "06/19/12".

What the problem was is that most of them were in a box marked 09/02 but they were not street dated for that date.

Here is my haul, Avengers are for members and the second are mine.

100_7450.jpg

100_7445.jpg

There are a good two dozen Avengers steelbooks at the local Best Buy - they're split evenly between an endcap and a front display. Cinderella, on the other hand, was in the dvd section and there were five.

I got an Avengers for myself but missed the Cinderella. Ordered one for instore pickup at my local BB. Hopefully they pull and good condition one. I snagged the last Avengers one, the shrink wrap was torn but no dings, dents, or scratches on the case itself.

Are the Riptide steelbooks officially out now or is it up to store suggestion? I saw some pictures here but my store had none around the game section and the workers had no idea what I was talking about.

They should have been out since 8/31, or at least the wording on the pre-order suggests that's when it should have started. My store had a proper stand display for them as well.

[quote name='Grammar Police']Are the Riptide steelbooks officially out now or is it up to store suggestion? I saw some pictures here but my store had none around the game section and the workers had no idea what I was talking about.[/QUOTE]

Same here

I think some stores have not had the time to put up the displays for riptide due to the busy labor day weekend. I went to 3 Best Buy on Sunday and only 1 had the riptide display with steelbooks out. The one that had it only had a handful left so the steelbooks might be more limited than the AC3 steelbooks.

The Dead Island Riptide Steelbooks are very much more limited than the ACIII steelbooks. All stores near me only got 4-6 each. ACIII it seemed every store had a shelf from left to right full of those things. Get it while you can!

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']The Dead Island Riptide Steelbooks are very much more limited than the ACIII steelbooks. All stores near me only got 4-6 each. ACIII it seemed every store had a shelf from left to right full of those things. Get it while you can![/QUOTE]

The store where I found my had a stack of at least 20 when I grabbed mine out of it.

[quote name='grrouchie']The store where I found my had a stack of at least 20 when I grabbed mine out of it.[/QUOTE]

Still better then ACIII steelbooks every BBY I went to had 60+

My under-renovation BBY only got 5 of the Dead Island Steelbooks

Grabbed a Riptide Steelbook which was found in the PS3 area at one store. Nothing special set up, don't even know if it was in alphabetical order. They only had 4. That store was out of Avengers SB and Cinderalla wasn't put out. Went to a different store yesterday and grabbed them both! Also last night ordered a Starship Troopers 3 sealed SB for $15 shipped off Amazon. So, great weekend for SB pick ups for me..will probably get a refund on the Riptide and Cinderella..

[quote name='ssjmichael']Most likely. I have a region free player so no worrying about that anymore :)[/QUOTE]
I just realized it's probably not even the whole series either, just the first OVA. If anything, I'd probably just be buying the case lol. Gonna have to pass.

[quote name='Jodou']I just realized it's probably not even the whole series either, just the first OVA. If anything, I'd probably just be buying the case lol. Gonna have to pass.[/QUOTE]

The movie? People liked the series?

Just got my Saving Private Ryan play.com steelbook. It is really nice but I wish the cover was raised a little. Now just waiting on my Jaws steelbook to come in and I'm debating whether or not to get the Black Hawk Down steelbook, but thankfully that doesn't come out until December. Damn these steelbooks!

I also got the Bioshock 1 steelbook still sealed. Its soooo sexy. Love me some Bioshock

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back