SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
January
:ps3:/:360: Devil May Cry (DMC) [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 1/15/13
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [Pre-Order Bonus] (Game Stop) (USA) - 1/22/13

February
:ps3:/:360:/:pc: Dead Space 3 [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/5/13
:br: Argo [BD+DVD+UV Combo Pack] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Crysis 3 [Hunter Edition] [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Limited Edition] (Nationwide) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Artist by Yoji Shinkawa [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:br: 007: Operacion - Skyfall (Mexico) - 2/22/13

March
:ps3:/:360: Tomb Raider (Target) (USA) - 3/5/13
:br: Argo (Mexico) - 3/8/13
:ps3: God of War: Ascension [Collector's Edition] (USA) - 3/12/13
:br: Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/19/13
:br: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Mexico) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/22/13

April
:br: Django Unchained (Target) (USA) - 4/16/13

May
:br: 300 [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Begins [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Returns (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Book of Eli [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Braveheart (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Chinatown (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Clash of the Titan (2010) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Dark Knight [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Departed [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Face/Off (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gladiator (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Goodfellas [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gran Torino [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Green Lantern [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover Part II [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Heat (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Inception [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Last Samurai [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Matrix (10th Anniversary) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Shawshank Redemption [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sucker Punch [Xage's Leftover] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Town (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: True Grit (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: V for Vendetta [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Watchmen (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Wrath of the Titans [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13

June
:ps3: The Last of Us [Post-Pandemic Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 6/14/13
:ps3: The Last of Us [Survival Edition] (USA) - 6/14/13

July
:br: Evil Dead (Target) (USA) - 7/16/13
:br: Evil Dead (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/16/13

August

September

October
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 10/8/13
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (EBGames) (Canada) - 10/8/13

November

December

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone receive your Hobbit Steelbook from Amazon.UK yet? Mine shipped and is scheduled for delivery on the 15th. Just curious if anyone got it yet.

Edit: So funny. Literally 20-minutes after I posted this question my mailman dropped mine off. It looks fantastic!

[quote name='merchie89']I like alot of these steels but I aint pre-ordering $300 in steelbooks.[/QUOTE]

We've gotten a ton this year already. So much more in the US too. I say by June we'll be having Steelbook fatigue :D

[quote name='merchie89']I like alot of these steels but I aint pre-ordering $300 in steelbooks.[/QUOTE]

I agree. With so many coming out so close together I have to pick and choose which ones I really like.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah, I didn't even realize there was a difference between the ones Zavvi posted and the JP ones, but I agree that it looks better in black and white, than in color. I still prefer those over the new covers though. The image of him holding a lifeless Rachel just doesn't fit the movie at all.

I do like the cover for Dark Knight Rises though. I might consider getting that one as I still haven't picked up the movie on BD yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just got my Japan steelbooks in yesterday and they look very awesome. I dont like him carrying Rachel either but atleast its Katie Holmes and shes looks good as hell dangling there.

I grabbed a bundle off a guy on eBay for Begins JP, TDK JP, and the Singapore TDKR (comes with film cell). I thought I paid way to much especially after seeing the coverart for the new steels coming out were the exact same. Glad the JP ones hold the uniqueness.

I have preordered Finding Nemo, bought Predator 2 and Hellboy thru Zavvi. Dredd and Star Trek preordered through Amazon.jp, and grabbed Scarface and Pitch Black through Amazon.co.uk. I have spent way to much money on steelbooks lately.

Anyone have the list of the older movies thats got the steelbooks ( Street Car Named Desire, Casablanca.... etc etc)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Disney's Aladdin - Zavvi Exclusive (Region Free)
Release Date: July 8th

10795844-1365783449-738323.jpg

Note: It says sold out, but it has not been put up for Pre-order yet. I'll update you when it's live[/QUOTE]

Hopefully we get a US release. I'm all over this like a fly on shit.

I wouldnt wait on it.

From the previous Upgrade and Save, can you preorder then do a return/rebuy with the coupon to get $5 off? I want to preorder a couple steels so I know I get it, but would like to use the upgrade and save. IDK.

[quote name='Mako1215']Hopefully we get a US release. I'm all over this like a fly on shit.[/QUOTE]

It's region free, so why does it matter?

[quote name='elessar123']It's region free, so why does it matter?[/QUOTE]

Because there are people that prefer to keep their collection to North American release.

[quote name='elessar123']It's region free, so why does it matter?[/QUOTE]

I don't think that has been confirmed

It's region free, just like 99% of all Disney releases in the UK. Though not always correct, the page at Amazon UK for the regular edition also says Region Free in the title.

Hi guys. I've never purchased a release day steel from Target before, so I was wondering where I would look for Django tomorrow? I assume with the vanilla copies at the new release stand right?

Just a heads-up, Aladdin is selling really fast, and Zavvi apparently increased the limit from 4,000 to 5,000, but it's still going to sell out very soon. Get it while you can!

Those comic art steelbooks are awesome! Thanks for sharing! I couldn't help but pre-order The Mummy, Pitch Black and Shaun of the Dead. I'm still debating on Serenity, but I do already have two copies of that movie and I don't like it nearly as much as the show... so I dunno. D:

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Hi guys. I've never purchased a release day steel from Target before, so I was wondering where I would look for Django tomorrow? I assume with the vanilla copies at the new release stand right?[/QUOTE]

They usually have them on the new release endcap in electronics.

[quote name='Serjitank']are you guys positive Aladdin is going to be region free? product details says Region B[/QUOTE]

100% positive. It just says Region B by default.

Someone at blu-ray.com posted this picture of the German edition which shows the Region ABC (i.e. region free) marking on the disc. It'll be the same for the UK, and all other regions.

picture.php

so there are a bunch of steels im looking at on Zavvi. how do i know for sure whether or not they're Region free? they all say B

You can check the database at Blu-ray.com, but also any Universal and Warner ones will be region free. You can also list off some and I can tell you.

[quote name='Serjitank']OF COURSE THEY DONT SHIP TO THE US

god dammit :([/QUOTE]

I recently ordered Jaws from them. I've bought a PS3 game from them a couple months ago with no issues.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']They usually have them on the new release endcap in electronics.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the feedback my man.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Very cool. Thanks.

Did target have a lot of Django steelbooks? And did they have other versions or just the steelbook version?[/QUOTE]

My local Target had like 15+ steelbooks. They also carried a regular bluray version (with DVD and DC) of it too.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Very cool. Thanks.

Did target have a lot of Django steelbooks? And did they have other versions or just the steelbook version?[/QUOTE]

They had about 30 steelbooks at my target and they also had the regular edition.

Mine had about 20 but I read bluray.com and some people only had 10 or less and even none on shelves when they went. Maybe calling to check will save you some trouble in getting Django.

Picked up Django at Target. Was there about an hour after opening and there were 6 steelbooks left. The rest were regular blu rays in slipcovers. This was in Brentwood, MO.

Ok let me contribute to the roll call for a domestic SB release.

My friend went to the our local Target in Flushing Queens to pick 2 up. As of 9:30 there are only 3 left.

I'm guessing our store is one that didn't get much. I'm just glad one of us was able to go early. My advice to anyone else going to this location is to hurry up. And unfortunately it might be gone by now.

Hope that helps.

I'm still looking for my mythical Bourne Supremacy. Only one I'm missing! Please... appear unicorn. I've gone to 5 stores!

My local store had about 20 by the registers and another 5 back in electronics.

Be careful selecting your copy. A lot of the ones in my store had nicks in the black area on the right side of the front cover. You could see silver shining through.

I think the item number is 058370804. Went to Target when they opened - they had about 15 or 20 SBs in the front, and about another 15 in the back near electronics. This is at Curtner in San Jose, CA.

Seattle Target decided to place none of their Django steelbooks in the movie section. Instead, they're on a cash register endcap on a different floor!!!

There were about 15 or so of them in stock when I was there at opening.

Just got back from Target, I got there at 8:15 there were people already at the register buying the steelbooks, I got one. While I was at the checkout I saw a fat neckbeard with about 10 steelbooks, and looked at him with disgust.

My Target had at least 20 maybe more but they were ALL in the front of the store near the checkout line and they had NONE in the actual movie/electronic section.

[quote name='Trojann']Just got back from Target, I got there at 8:15 there were people already at the register buying the steelbooks, I got one. While I was at the checkout I saw a fat neckbeard with about 10 steelbooks, and looked at him with disgust.[/QUOTE]
Why look at him in disgust? He is simply working out.

Maybe after this heavy lifting he can add another one to the bag next time. Go for 11 dude! Lets fighting love!

My Target had 20+ Django steelbooks by the front registers, not sure about the movie section. This was the first time I had seen Target SBs by the front registers.

All of the steelbooks at my Target were by the register. There were probably around 30 this morning. I got a little nervous when I walked back to the movie section and there were just vanilla copies. Thankfully there was someone right there to ask.

Plenty of people over at Blu-ray.com are mentioning paint chipping on copies at their stores. Some are pretty faint so make sure to inspect it closely.

bread's done
Back