SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
January
:ps3:/:360: Devil May Cry (DMC) [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 1/15/13
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [Pre-Order Bonus] (Game Stop) (USA) - 1/22/13

February
:ps3:/:360:/:pc: Dead Space 3 [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/5/13
:br: Argo [BD+DVD+UV Combo Pack] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Crysis 3 [Hunter Edition] [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Limited Edition] (Nationwide) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Artist by Yoji Shinkawa [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:br: 007: Operacion - Skyfall (Mexico) - 2/22/13

March
:ps3:/:360: Tomb Raider (Target) (USA) - 3/5/13
:br: Argo (Mexico) - 3/8/13
:ps3: God of War: Ascension [Collector's Edition] (USA) - 3/12/13
:br: Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/19/13
:br: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Mexico) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/22/13

April
:br: Django Unchained (Target) (USA) - 4/16/13

May
:br: 300 [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Begins [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Returns (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Book of Eli [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Braveheart (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Chinatown (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Clash of the Titan (2010) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Dark Knight [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Departed [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Face/Off (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gladiator (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Goodfellas [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gran Torino [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Green Lantern [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover Part II [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Heat (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Inception [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Last Samurai [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Matrix (10th Anniversary) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Shawshank Redemption [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sucker Punch [Xage's Leftover] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Town (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: True Grit (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: V for Vendetta [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Watchmen (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Wrath of the Titans [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13

June
:ps3: The Last of Us [Post-Pandemic Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 6/14/13
:ps3: The Last of Us [Survival Edition] (USA) - 6/14/13

July
:br: Evil Dead (Target) (USA) - 7/16/13
:br: Evil Dead (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/16/13

August

September

October
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 10/8/13
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (EBGames) (Canada) - 10/8/13

November

December

Last edited by a moderator:
Well some might be more sought after than others. Watchmen, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, and (I think) Green Lantern all have internal artwork which might make them sell out quicker or cost more in the future on eBay.

[quote name='WViking']
20130507203856.jpg

Today's Walmart haul. I picked up 23 total. I ended up ordering Gladiator when I got home from Amazon since it was the same price as Walmart's.[/QUOTE]

So you spent over $300 bucks. That's some major steelbook love. lol

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']I'm assuming these recent steelbooks are gonna be mass produced so my wallet won't get assaulted due to me rushing out and getting em, right?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't recommend going nuts over them. The previous WB steelbooks which includes some of these titles were mass produced and pretty much worthless. If you are looking for a resell value, they trend as low as 5 bucks on Ebay.

Plus they are the most flimsy poorly designed steelbooks I've seen.

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']I'm assuming these recent steelbooks are gonna be mass produced so my wallet won't get assaulted due to me rushing out and getting em, right?[/QUOTE]
My location only had 4 per title (of the ones they had in stock).

[quote name='WViking']
20130507203856.jpg

Today's Walmart haul. I picked up 23 total. I ended up ordering Gladiator when I got home from Amazon since it was the same price as Walmart's.[/QUOTE]

Have you opened them all? If so, did most of them come with digital copies? I saw Scarface was re-releasing in a steelbook and it was going to have an HD digital copy. Same with Big Lebowski. It well worth the price for the nice case, new release and being able to watch the movies on my iPad.

[quote name='jgiovanni']All the universal steels pictured at the bottom have a DVD and digital copy as well. UV and Itunes[/QUOTE]

The DC spreadsheet was saying it would have HD then it looks like its been switched to SD. Thats disappointing.

[quote name='CXK']The DC spreadsheet was saying it would have HD then it looks like its been switched to SD. Thats disappointing.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, my Les Misérables steel that I picked up from Best Buy gave me an SD ultraviolet copy, is that what was supposed to be given or should it have been hd?

[quote name='CXK']The DC spreadsheet was saying it would have HD then it looks like its been switched to SD. Thats disappointing.[/QUOTE]

UV's were all HD, most of the Itunes codes were all HD, some were not.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Speaking of which, my Les Misérables steel that I picked up from Best Buy gave me an SD ultraviolet copy, is that what was supposed to be given or should it have been hd?[/QUOTE]

BR, yes it should of, contact universal, they are pretty good about it.

Anyone know if Best Buys have started getting in the new WB steelbooks? Website listing them as having been released on 5/7, but it doesn't allow me to check in-store availability.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Anyone know if Best Buys have started getting in the new WB steelbooks? Website listing them as having been released on 5/7, but it doesn't allow me to check in-store availability.[/QUOTE]

I read earlier in this thread that BB won't be carrying these in stores.

[quote name='jgiovanni']
BR, yes it should of, contact universal, they are pretty good about it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Went to Walmart today, they didn't have any of those steelbooks in anywhere. The guy working in the entertainment department had no idea why they don't have them.

Do u think the GameStop beyond two souls special edition is going to be super rare

[quote name='starmask2k3']Do u think the GameStop beyond two souls special edition is going to be super rare[/QUOTE]

Not at realease date but eventually. Usually happens when people find out about it after release and scramble to find one.

Question:

What happened to the Zavvi Indiana Jones steelbooks?

I ordered 3; one of each along with a video game. The game shipped but I haven't received the Indiana Jones movies. I remember reading that they were delayed but it's been.... two months I think?

Did anyone else order these? Did they issue a refund or are they still holding onto the funds? I guess I'll have to cross reference my bank account but I'm just trying to figure out whats going on.

[quote name='GBAstar']Question:

What happened to the Zavvi Indiana Jones steelbooks?

I ordered 3; one of each along with a video game. The game shipped but I haven't received the Indiana Jones movies. I remember reading that they were delayed but it's been.... two months I think?

Did anyone else order these? Did they issue a refund or are they still holding onto the funds? I guess I'll have to cross reference my bank account but I'm just trying to figure out whats going on.[/QUOTE]

They were always scheduled for June, weren't they?

Edit: My Zavvi order says June 3.

[quote name='philmcfly']Everything except Reel Steel Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, The Incredible Hulk, Paul, and The Mummy were out at my Wal-Mart.
[/QUOTE]

Mine too, and the ones you listed there are the only ones I wanted. Well besides Serenity, which I picked up yesterday.

[quote name='philmcfly']Everything except Reel Steel Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, The Incredible Hulk, Paul, and The Mummy were out at my Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the only one actually instore from that list is Incredible Hulk. We'll see if Walmart gets any of the others. Fingers crossed, because I'm looking for Shaun and possilby Hot Fuzz.

[quote name='Hiro0015']Pretty sure the only one actually instore from that list is Incredible Hulk. We'll see if Walmart gets any of the others. Fingers crossed, because I'm looking for Shaun and possilby Hot Fuzz.[/QUOTE]

I think it was Ang Lee's Hulk. Both are coming out or out already. I'm going to go to a bigger Wal-Mart today in hope for Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and Paul. Otherwise I'll just keep my Amazon preorder.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I think it was Ang Lee's Hulk. Both are coming out or out already. I'm going to go to a bigger Wal-Mart today in hope for Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and Paul. Otherwise I'll just keep my Amazon preorder.[/QUOTE]

I've been to three Walmart's so far this week and the displays in all of them have been the same. In fact the movies were even put out in the same order.

Each was just a general Walmart (Not a uber super size 24 hour Walmart) so maybe the really big ones will have all the movies.

I'm going to guess that those four movies (Hot fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, etc.) were either delayed or not being carried in-store.

[quote name='SMBScooby']Not at realease date but eventually. Usually happens when people find out about it after release and scramble to find one.[/QUOTE]

Is it pre-order only

[quote name='starmask2k3']Is it pre-order only[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure it is. If you're even the slightest bit interested, I'd place the preorder. In the event you're disappointed by the quality of the steelbook when you pick up the game, you can always return it within 30 days with the original receipt for a full refund.

I got 1 out of 3.

I got Watchmen, but really wanted Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead most. Oh well. At least I got something. I really almost double dipped on Scott Pilgrim, but was too cheap to do it. Upgrade and save would have been a different story, but this was at Walmart.

Went to Wal-Mart finally saw the Steelbook collection hiding with the other movies (you would think more promotion would've of been done) Just happy I got a copy of Scarface can't go wrong there.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yep, 1-3 come out on June 3rd, and the 4th on June 10th.[/QUOTE]

don't hold your breath on that. I know Kingdom of the crystal skull got pushed back to september/october and these now just have a release of 2013 no set date.

[quote name='ray2dee']Went to Wal-Mart finally saw the Steelbook collection hiding with the other movies (you would think more promotion would've of been done) Just happy I got a copy of Scarface can't go wrong there.[/QUOTE]
I almost wanted to double on Scarface as well... but I like the red one I got from BB last year a bit more.

Couldn't go wrong movie wise though at this price.

Damn it, my copy of the departed is freezing. Looked at the disc there's a scratch of mark that looks like it's under the coating :( the other 2 copies of the departed steels there had dents on them :((

Grabbed Big Lebowski, Gladiator, Batman, Riddick, Matrix, Chinatown

Pretty cool the comic steels have DVD and digital copy.

There's a few other DisneyBuena Vista ones coming out including:

Dick Tracy
The Rocketeer
Tron
The Sixth Sense

No pics yet though

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Damn it, my copy of the departed is freezing. Looked at the disc there's a scratch of mark that looks like it's under the coating :( the other 2 copies of the departed steels there had dents on them :(([/QUOTE]

Well if you don't want the dented steelbooks, you could always bite the bullet and just buy the regular Blu-ray and switch them out. It's a loss and you'll probably have to throw away the damaged Blu-ray... unless you can somehow get Best Buy to take it in the next upgrade and save.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Damn it, my copy of the departed is freezing. Looked at the disc there's a scratch of mark that looks like it's under the coating :( the other 2 copies of the departed steels there had dents on them :(([/QUOTE]

I have an extra you can have but then it still costs a few bucks to send it

Speaking of Zavvi, it's been exactly a month since my Man With the Iron Fists steel was dispatched. Delivery date says on or before May 6th. Should I contact them or wait it out? I figure it got tied up in customs or something.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Speaking of Zavvi, it's been exactly a month since my Man With the Iron Fists steel was dispatched. Delivery date says on or before May 6th. Should I contact them or wait it out? I figure it got tied up in customs or something.[/QUOTE]It's been more than enough time, send them an email.

[quote name='ssjmichael']There's a few other DisneyBuena Vista ones coming out including:

Dick Tracy
The Rocketeer
Tron
The Sixth Sense

No pics yet though[/QUOTE]Ooh, I might consider The Rocketeer. After rewatching it years later (I barely remember watching it as a kid), I liked it I lot more than I expected to. :bouncy:

[quote name='SMBScooby']Now to wait till they go on sale and hopefully don't miss it like I did with Roger Rabbit and Aladdin.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't hold my breath on them not going OOP quick.

Finally managed to pick up Scott Pilgrim from Walmart. Was looking to get Watchmen, but that was gone. Went to 2 different Walmarts, both had the steelbooks, but the first was sold out of the ones I wanted. Maybe its just me, but these steelbooks feel a little...flimsier than normal. They're still the same style, but the build quality itself just seems a bit less than normal.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Finally managed to pick up Scott Pilgrim from Walmart. Was looking to get Watchmen, but that was gone. Went to 2 different Walmarts, both had the steelbooks, but the first was sold out of the ones I wanted. Maybe its just me, but these steelbooks feel a little...flimsier than normal. They're still the same style, but the build quality itself just seems a bit less than normal.[/QUOTE]

It's not just you

bread's done
Back