SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
January
:ps3:/:360: Devil May Cry (DMC) [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 1/15/13
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [Pre-Order Bonus] (Game Stop) (USA) - 1/22/13

February
:ps3:/:360:/:pc: Dead Space 3 [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/5/13
:br: Argo [BD+DVD+UV Combo Pack] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Crysis 3 [Hunter Edition] [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Limited Edition] (Nationwide) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Artist by Yoji Shinkawa [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:br: 007: Operacion - Skyfall (Mexico) - 2/22/13

March
:ps3:/:360: Tomb Raider (Target) (USA) - 3/5/13
:br: Argo (Mexico) - 3/8/13
:ps3: God of War: Ascension [Collector's Edition] (USA) - 3/12/13
:br: Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/19/13
:br: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Mexico) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/22/13

April
:br: Django Unchained (Target) (USA) - 4/16/13

May
:br: 300 [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Begins [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Returns (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Book of Eli [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Braveheart (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Chinatown (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Clash of the Titan (2010) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Dark Knight [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Departed [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Face/Off (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gladiator (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Goodfellas [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gran Torino [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Green Lantern [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover Part II [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Heat (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Inception [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Last Samurai [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Matrix (10th Anniversary) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Shawshank Redemption [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sucker Punch [Xage's Leftover] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Town (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: True Grit (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: V for Vendetta [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Watchmen (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Wrath of the Titans [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13

June
:ps3: The Last of Us [Post-Pandemic Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 6/14/13
:ps3: The Last of Us [Survival Edition] (USA) - 6/14/13

July
:br: Evil Dead (Target) (USA) - 7/16/13
:br: Evil Dead (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/16/13

August

September

October
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 10/8/13
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (EBGames) (Canada) - 10/8/13

November

December

Last edited by a moderator:
More worrisome, it looks like the Stupid Blue Bar is attached to the Steelbook instead of remove able. Hopefully that is just picture-only.

EDIT: Oh yea, and the DC logo on the bottom is horrible too.

Man of Steel 3D steelbook up for pre order on Zavvi

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/man-of-steel-3d-limited-edition-steelbook-includes-2d-version-and-ultraviolet-copy/10846640.html

Includes 2D and UltraViolet

Region B

10846640-1377104128-698559.jpg

If any of you are still looking to get the Dark Knight Rises steelbook exclusive from Best Buy, if your store has them in stock, they SHOULD be $9.99. I used a $5 RZ certificate to pick it up for $5. I had planned to get it when it came out and keep it sealed, but the price was too high. This price is perfect.

I am kinda torn about Wreck-it Ralph. On one hand, Steelbook. On the other, I really, really like the Blu-ray slipcover. Plus, I have Lilo & Stitch sharing the case.

Target shipped it on Tuesday and it showed up today. Weird, huh?
Question: How was the packaging (Shipping materials)?

What did you pay? I thought someone said S3 is going to be $29.99 at Target---but I could have misread that---and it may not apply to this version. Do you think you'll be able to PM your online order to whatever the in-store price is this upcoming sales week?

Question: How was the packaging (Shipping materials)?

What did you pay? I thought someone said S3 is going to be $29.99 at Target---but I could have misread that---and it may not apply to this version. Do you think you'll be able to PM your online order to whatever the in-store price is this upcoming sales week?
The ad does show it for $29.99. Target charged me the preorder price; they're supposed to refund the difference automatically. I'll give them a call if it doesn't fix itself later this week.

Packaging was poor. It was one of those recycled cardboard wraps with no padding. Miraculously it came undamaged.

As far as the set up, here is a quick picture:

IMG_2690_zps0f21ead6.jpg

Each half of the steelbook has an arm that contains two discs. The front half also has a spindle on the inside cover.

I don't collect many steelbooks; this is the first I've seen with an actual steelbook branding on the inside.

IMG_2691_zps64a34ba9.jpg

I am kinda torn about Wreck-it Ralph. On one hand, Steelbook. On the other, I really, really like the Blu-ray slipcover. Plus, I have Lilo & Stitch sharing the case.
Just dont feel bad that you got the Blufans version. Great movie and would grab it if I wasnt getting a Chinese one.

Got my Walking Dead steelbook from Target early as well! Gotta love that!
Heads up on the price-matching. I called Target.com customer service and after 40 minutes and two supervisors, was denied a price adjustment to $29.99. They said it was against policy because I ordered it more than two weeks ago. I ended up taking the receipt to the store and they refunded me $30 without too much issue.

So yeah, not impressed with Target.com customer service - which is apparently a different entity than Target B&M.

^ Kind of odd that the online price is still $54.99.

I wonder if it'll drop tonight at midnight? On another note I just got charged from Amazon.es for my Iron Man 3 steelbook order I made back in June.

am i missing something but wasn't The Great Gatsby  in 3D

edit- it was in 3D so why  no 3D steelbook

Last edited:
Thanks to the OP of the "Walking Dead Steelbook Thread" that got merged here. I had never heard of cart wheel. I went to my local Target and bought the Steelbook for about $27.19 (this includes tax) after using the coupon and redcard. My store only had 4 copies and I didn't see any other shelf space for any more copies. I think I bought the first one at my Target.

How many copies did your stores have? This might actually be a rare collector's item. If I had the money, I'd buy another copy to keep factory sealed.

There were six Walking Dead steelbooks on the shelf by the front lanes when I went at noon. I didn't see any in the movie section. I dreamed last night that all the steelbooks had dents from spiderwraps (yeah I have issues). Thankfully they didn't do that.

I also want to thank Masterkyo for posting the separate thread that ended up merged into this one.  I had no idea that a Walking Dead steelbook was being made, so there's zero chance that I would have come to the steelbook thread looking for it.  I also wasn't aware that it was on sale for $29.99 at Target. 

I'd have been upset if I had missed out on both of these offers because we wanted to save random thread space on a subforum with sizably less activity than the video game deals one. 

bread's done
Back