SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
January
:ps3:/:360: Devil May Cry (DMC) [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 1/15/13
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [Pre-Order Bonus] (Game Stop) (USA) - 1/22/13

February
:ps3:/:360:/:pc: Dead Space 3 [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/5/13
:br: Argo [BD+DVD+UV Combo Pack] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Crysis 3 [Hunter Edition] [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Limited Edition] (Nationwide) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Artist by Yoji Shinkawa [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:br: 007: Operacion - Skyfall (Mexico) - 2/22/13

March
:ps3:/:360: Tomb Raider (Target) (USA) - 3/5/13
:br: Argo (Mexico) - 3/8/13
:ps3: God of War: Ascension [Collector's Edition] (USA) - 3/12/13
:br: Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/19/13
:br: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Mexico) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/22/13

April
:br: Django Unchained (Target) (USA) - 4/16/13

May
:br: 300 [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Begins [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Returns (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Book of Eli [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Braveheart (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Chinatown (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Clash of the Titan (2010) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Dark Knight [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Departed [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Face/Off (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gladiator (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Goodfellas [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gran Torino [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Green Lantern [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover Part II [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Heat (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Inception [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Last Samurai [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Matrix (10th Anniversary) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Shawshank Redemption [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sucker Punch [Xage's Leftover] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Town (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: True Grit (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: V for Vendetta [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Watchmen (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Wrath of the Titans [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13

June
:ps3: The Last of Us [Post-Pandemic Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 6/14/13
:ps3: The Last of Us [Survival Edition] (USA) - 6/14/13

July
:br: Evil Dead (Target) (USA) - 7/16/13
:br: Evil Dead (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/16/13

August

September

October
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 10/8/13
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (EBGames) (Canada) - 10/8/13

November

December

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of getting the Gatsby Blu Ray but I have never ordered from the UK before. How's it work and any pitfalls I should keep an eye out for?

Thinking of getting the Gatsby Blu Ray but I have never ordered from the UK before. How's it work and any pitfalls I should keep an eye out for?

Could be damaged or might take awhile, but from my experience everything has come in perfect condition and in a timely manner. I live in KY so I wasn't expecting it. I've ordered 2 from Zavvi, with many more preordered. Also Amazon UK has never let me down.

I have ordered multiple items from both Amazon UK and Zavvi and they are always well protected. Shipping doesn't take too long either, depending on where you live.

I got the Beowulf and Psycho Steelbooks from Amazon.de and Casablanca, Gone With The Wind and The Maltese Falcon from Amazon.co.uk this week. All were perfectly fine except Casablanca, which had a tiny little ding on the back that could have been from anything, and not worth the hassle of an overseas return. They all came in pretty packed cardboard, Beowulf and Psycho however were double boxed.

I also want to thank Masterkyo for posting the separate thread that ended up merged into this one. I had no idea that a Walking Dead steelbook was being made, so there's zero chance that I would have come to the steelbook thread looking for it. I also wasn't aware that it was on sale for $29.99 at Target.

I'd have been upset if I had missed out on both of these offers because we wanted to save random thread space on a subforum with sizably less activity than the video game deals one.
Agreed, agreed, and I agree some more. I wouldn't have known it existed, I wouldn't have known it was $29.99, I wouldn't have known about 10% off coupon. I never check the steelbook thread even though I like steelbooks. I think the topic was worthy of it's own thread because there were probably a lot of people buying this bluray today that would have liked to get the steelbook instead of the standard version.

Well thanks for the info guys! That Steelbook looks so much better than the 3D cover here that I'd rather wait awhile to get it. I got the soundtrack to keep me busy till then.

Stopped by my local Target during lunch for TWD and they said they didnt get any in (along with those PS4 reservations) and to come back later in the week. Had no choice but to order it online. Hopefully the shipping stories I've heard wont happen to me.

Stopped by my local Target during lunch for TWD and they said they didnt get any in (along with those PS4 reservations) and to come back later in the week. Had no choice but to order it online. Hopefully the shipping stories I've heard wont happen to me.
Order two so it ships in a box, then return one to the store.

Probably YMMV but I snagged a Dark Knight Rises Steelbook today and it was marked $9.99 and rang up that way with no override or anything. 

IMG_1263_zpsa64a27f5.jpg

I know the DVD is on sale for $9.99 and the Blu-Ray Combo pack appears to be sticker price still ($24.99) so maybe stores that still have them are putting them on clearance maybe?

Someone else reporting it being $10 a week or two ago. Thanks for the reminder. I have been waiting on this for awhile to complete my trilogy.

Grabbed a Dark Knight Rises Steelbook after trading some games in. Will go nice with my 2 other $5 Best Buy steelbooks.

If anyones looking to trade/buy, im trying to ditch some steelbooks.

Stopped in at Best Buy last night to pick up something aside from movies, stumbled upon a clearance bin and I picked these three up. I wanted the Watchmen one before but it was full price so I put it back, I guess it pays to wait sometimes! The terminator one is skull shaped and the only one there, there was no way I was leaving that one behind! :)

070c0ef412a211e38a5622000a1fbe35_7.jpg

Is that TS Skull Case edition worth money? I saw two at my BB on the clearance end cap, but passed it over. They did have 2 copies of the Watchment SB, and I picked one of those up for $10 as well. Had my eye on it for a while..

So my Walking Dead season 3 SB came in yesterday and wow, not a single thing wrong with it. No dents, scratches, torn plastic wrapping, etc. Must have gotten really lucky

Thanks for that. I was hoping for something more creative art-wise but since the reason I like the movie is cause it has giant robots, well this'll work.

Thanks for that. I was hoping for something more creative art-wise but since the reason I like the movie is cause it has giant robots, well this'll work.
The movie didn't do so well here in the states, but I loved it! I thought it was a fun movie and I love anything Del Toro makes!

That banner better not be at the top of the pacific rim steel if it is im not touching that one.  I really liked the movie but ill hold out and see if anyone else gets a better copy.  I can Entertainment Store or maybe even a blufans version of that one too... but idk we'll see I suppose maybe zavvi could pick up an exclusive one.... they are already killing my wallet with the disney and pixar exclusives anyway.

anyone know if After Earth - Limited Edition Steelbook (Blu-ray is region free

Last edited:
I got mine in from Amazon Spain yesterday. They have Spanish and English tracks. I do think this is a region B Blu so it wont work on my ps3 :/

I haven't even tried because I thought it didn't have a English track on it.

Yeah I just double checked the Amazon website and it says "Región Libre" which is region free so I must have missed that one. I will try this weekend and see how it goes. Also this steel is amazing!

I'm not to good at reading German. Is there a reason I should cancel my German MU steel from Amazon.de for the Zavvi one? I'm not sure which are region free. There's little price difference. I'm in no rush to get it in the mail. I just don't know.

A couple of question I know someone can answer in here.

1. Is the Star Trek steelbook available in Walmart by itself or only in the expensive big CE? I saw some people importing from UK and didn't know.

2. It looks like the Zavvi Region B steels don't work in a PS3. Do big SB collectors just buy region free players or are most of you gutting  and replacing with a US bluray? I REALLY want to collect the Disney ones and I can't quite figure how to go about it yet.

A couple of question I know someone can answer in here.

1. Is the Star Trek steelbook available in Walmart by itself or only in the expensive big CE? I saw some people importing from UK and didn't know.

2. It looks like the Zavvi Region B steels don't work in a PS3. Do big SB collectors just buy region free players or are most of you gutting and replacing with a US bluray? I REALLY want to collect the Disney ones and I can't quite figure how to go about it yet.
For #1 - The steelbook is only packaged with the "villain ship" (as it states on the box). It costs 29.XX in the store and for some reason 39.XX online.

bread's done
Back