:br: King Kong (USA) - 5/6/14

:br: Wanted (USA) - 5/6/14

:br: Django (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: The Evil Dead (1982) (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Killing Them Softly (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Law Abiding Citizen (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Lawless (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: The Lord of Salem) (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Steve Austin 4-Pack: The Stranger/Hunt To Kill/The Package/Maximum Conviction (USA) - 5/20/14

June

:br: The Lone Survivor (Target) (USA) - 6/3/14

:br: The Lone Survivor (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/3/14

:br: 300: Rise of an Empire (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/24/14

July

:br: Chaplin's Mutuals Comedies (Flicker Alley) (USA) - 7/29/14

:br: Noah (Best Buy) (USA) - 7/29/14

:br: Noah (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/29/14

August

:br: Divergent (Best Buy) (USA) - 8/5/14

:br: Divergent (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/5/14

:br: Batman: Assault on Arkham (Target) (USA) - 8/12/14

:br: The Amazing Spiderman 2 (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/19/14

:br: The Walking Dead: Season 4 (Target) (USA) - 8/26/14

:br: The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/26/14

September

:br: G.I. Joe: Retailation (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: The Godfather (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: The Godfather: Part 2 (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Jack Reacher (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Minority Report (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Saving Private Ryan (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Star Trek XI (2009) (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Star Trek Into Darkness (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Top Gun (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: True Grit (2010) (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: War of the Worlds (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: World War Z (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/9/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/9/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Bilingual) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/9/14

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/30/2014

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/30/2014

October

:br: Edge of Tomorrow (Target) (USA) - 10/7/14

November

:br: Hercules 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 11/4/14

:br: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: Extended Edition (Target) (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: An American Werewolf in London: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: The Big Lebowski: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: The Blues Brothers: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Psycho: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Scarface: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Shaun of the Dead: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: 22 Jump Street (Target) (USA) - 11/18/14

:br: Into The Storm (Future Shop) (Canada) - 11/18/14

:br: Drive (Best Buy) (USA) - 11/23/14

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Target) (USA) - 11/23/14

December

:br: Drive: Mondo Edition (Future Shop) (Canada) - 12/2/14

:br: Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Best Buy (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Best Buy) (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Best Buy) (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Future Shop) (Canada) - 12/9/14

Coming Soon

:br: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (Best Buy) (USA) - 2014

:br: Fifth Element (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Snatch (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Superbad (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Desperado (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Das Boot (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: District 9 (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Dr Strangelove (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Karate Kid (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Leon the Professional (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Taxi Driver (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Tommy (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Kung Fu Hustle (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Easy Rider (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Stripes (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

January

:br: Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (Target) (USA) - 1/6/15

Coming Soon

:br: Fury (Target) (USA)

Last edited by a moderator:
It was showing up as online and in store before now it just shows online only

Got to my store an hour after opening and was told some guy bought all the steelbook copies. The associate I was speaking to wanted one as well.

Called another nearby store and they had some copies. Picked up two, then went back to my original store and returned one so that the employee I spoke to could get a copy. He wasn't there when I went back, so I spoke with another associate in electronics who told me that he would make sure the copy I returned would go to the employee that wanted it.

My regular Target only had two Amary copy of Assault on Arkham and I was there before 9AM this morning.  None of the stores in my area seem to have it according to Target.com, so I guess I'm passing on this one since it can't be ordered online.

My regular Target only had two Amary copy of Assault on Arkham and I was there before 9AM this morning. None of the stores in my area seem to have it according to Target.com, so I guess I'm passing on this one since it can't be ordered online.
South County or Fenton Shrike?

Fairview Heights, IL was out of Steelbooks by 11:30.

I hope these idiots buying the Steelbooks for $17 plus tax to sell for $27 shipped on EBay don't realize they aren't making any damn money.

You have $1 plus in tax, $4 plus to ship it USPS in a padded envelope with tracking, & the gas spent to Target & the post office.

Net profit is what, $3?

I doubt there were even that many flippers on the Arkham Steelbook today.  My Target only had 5 from opening...  I don't understand, clearly there's a demand for this, why doesn't Target want more money and produce more steelbooks?

From what I hear, the people hating on it is because Batman is barely in it...it really involves the villains, if you look past that I hear its awesome.

My regular Target only had two Amary copy of Assault on Arkham and I was there before 9AM this morning. None of the stores in my area seem to have it according to Target.com, so I guess I'm passing on this one since it can't be ordered online.
Just got the last one at Fenton, can't believe it.

Just got the last one at Fenton, can't believe it.
Good to hear that you lucked out. I only had time to go to the South County one and they only had the two Amaray versions at the front registers.

I decided to pass on it if Target can't even stock enough to meet demand within an hour of opening.

I think what happened with this steelbook is I noticed it mixed with the regular and in the kids section so possible parents bought it because a new "kids" batman movie came out and just grabbed whatever was there not caring about packaging.

Mine got 2 at around 11:30, but one was damaged.  The store did not get any son of batman steelbook, so I had to pay ebay price :/

LIVE - The Purge: Anarchy - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Includes UltraViolet Copy) Blu-ray

Price: £19.99
Release Date: TBA

Get 10% off Horror Steelbooks
Pre-order The Purge: Anarchy Steelbook and get an extra 10% off selected Horror Steelbooks. Simply add your chose of horror titles and The Purge: Anarchy Steelbook to the basket and the discount will be applied.

10985759-1408009660-922283.jpg

10985759-1408009660-922380.jpg

10985759-1408009660-922274.jpg

Mine got 2 at around 11:30, but one was damaged. The store did not get any son of batman steelbook, so I had to pay ebay price :/
I had to do it for justice league war steelbook Blu-ray for 30 shipped from eBay

So there's really no steelbook for amazing Spiderman 2 from BestBuy

I assumed he meant the crappy folding cardboard sleeves.  I don't know what the material is, but it seems like it's just a crappy folding cardboard sleeve that magnets together.  If it's actually a metal case, I'm totally in.

Its a really nice case and has a nice metal feel to it. Doesnt feel like cheap plastic. Probably better than the steelbooks and its something new and unique. 

so1bLEw.jpg

YyPgFHQ.jpg

HWumKfR.jpg

K0c0lJ1.jpg

The Reel Heroes ones at least are BD + DVD + DC + UV DC, where these Universal ones are BD + UV DC (most likely).

Given the two, I'll opt for Reel Heroes over one of these for the added formats in the case, plus some of them are  cheaper right now.

Since I don't have American Werewolf, Psycho and Fear & Loathing in some other steelbook format, I'll get those and skip the rest.  Other ones I don't already have in some other steelbook form, I'll get those as well if they come out with more.

As an added note, Walmart has had regular slipcovers with that art (as well as a ton of others) for a few months now.

What other movies have had a Magna case? I thought this was a new thing for ASM2.
Magno (Sony) is a completely new type of collectible disc package. Pictures and video can’t do it justice. The trade name is actually NEO™. I invented NEO™ along with PixelChrome™ the hyper glossy/ mirror reflective specialty graphic substrate that it is constructed from, about 18 months ago here in my Los Angeles design studio not far from Sony Pictures. The image quality is mind blowing and you get 8 panels of artwork. SPE is releasing the first example of NEO with Amazing Spiderman 2 at Best Buy. Warner Bros. is releasing titles under the name “Diamond Luxe”. Several other studios also have limited edition titles in the works. The finished composite material is .100” thick and is made up of approximately 15 layers of stuff. The surfaces are made from a thick type of plastic that has been tweaked for optimum clarity. The print is essentially encapsulated within this plastic. Behind the print is a metalized layer that makes the image very bright. The screen on your smartphone or LCD TV uses a similar construction. It took about a year to refine the product to within NASA tolerances and build the equipment that makes the revolutionary manufacturing process possible. One of the key challenges was to create a precision snap fit for the disc without using a hub. The case is kept securely closed with dual neodymium magnets embedded in the material. NEO is being manufactured by DISC, the specialty packaging company that I work for, in Long Island, NY. More images and a decent 3D animation of NEO can be found here: neobluray. com My goal was to create a completely new solution, capable of displaying celebrated imagery in the richest way possible, to create a case that is cinematic, timeless, and obscures the artwork as little as possible (both inside and out). No hubs, no trays, no borders, no cloudy plastic to look through. I also wanted it to be made from anything other than the same old molded plastic or recycled tin which is nearly impossible to print really well on. Great movies deserve better! I hope that collectors enjoy having something new to experience. In the wide world of commercial graphic art, I can’t think of a better place to be making a contribution. - Shane Rossiter

So the disks directly touches the back, instead of being raised like in most cases? Eh.... Not sure I like that idea.

Edit: And the website says only the 2 disk version is available, with the 4 disk version at a later date. Does that mean Best Buy's 3D set is 2 disks?

So the disks directly touches the back, instead of being raised like in most cases? Eh.... Not sure I like that idea.

Edit: And the website says only the 2 disk version is available, with the 4 disk version at a later date. Does that mean Best Buy's 3D set is 2 disks?
Website says 3 and 4 disc version available late Q1 of 2014 and we're going into Q3. Seems like the 3D set is 3 discs if this picture is anything to go by.

uCO1Oy1.jpg

I'm willing to give this Magno/Neo case a shot, but if that picture is what the final product looks like, then it's kind of lackluster and uninspired. It's simply the Spider-Man logo on the far left and nothing but a few lightning bolts the rest of the way through. Maybe the two "pages" on the opposite site of the logo and disc 3 (the first ones you see when you first open it) have some better artwork, but I'd like to see this in person before making a decision on it. At this point, I'm not sure if I should pre-order it online where I can only choose shipping or wait to see if they'll let you do in store pickup closer to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back