:br: King Kong (USA) - 5/6/14

:br: Wanted (USA) - 5/6/14

:br: Django (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: The Evil Dead (1982) (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Killing Them Softly (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Law Abiding Citizen (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Lawless (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: The Lord of Salem) (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Steve Austin 4-Pack: The Stranger/Hunt To Kill/The Package/Maximum Conviction (USA) - 5/20/14

June

:br: The Lone Survivor (Target) (USA) - 6/3/14

:br: The Lone Survivor (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/3/14

:br: 300: Rise of an Empire (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/24/14

July

:br: Chaplin's Mutuals Comedies (Flicker Alley) (USA) - 7/29/14

:br: Noah (Best Buy) (USA) - 7/29/14

:br: Noah (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/29/14

August

:br: Divergent (Best Buy) (USA) - 8/5/14

:br: Divergent (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/5/14

:br: Batman: Assault on Arkham (Target) (USA) - 8/12/14

:br: The Amazing Spiderman 2 (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/19/14

:br: The Walking Dead: Season 4 (Target) (USA) - 8/26/14

:br: The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/26/14

September

:br: G.I. Joe: Retailation (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: The Godfather (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: The Godfather: Part 2 (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Jack Reacher (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Minority Report (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Saving Private Ryan (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Star Trek XI (2009) (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Star Trek Into Darkness (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Top Gun (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: True Grit (2010) (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: War of the Worlds (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: World War Z (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/9/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/9/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Bilingual) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/9/14

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/30/2014

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/30/2014

October

:br: Edge of Tomorrow (Target) (USA) - 10/7/14

November

:br: Hercules 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 11/4/14

:br: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: Extended Edition (Target) (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: An American Werewolf in London: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: The Big Lebowski: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: The Blues Brothers: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Psycho: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Scarface: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Shaun of the Dead: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: 22 Jump Street (Target) (USA) - 11/18/14

:br: Into The Storm (Future Shop) (Canada) - 11/18/14

:br: Drive (Best Buy) (USA) - 11/23/14

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Target) (USA) - 11/23/14

December

:br: Drive: Mondo Edition (Future Shop) (Canada) - 12/2/14

:br: Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Best Buy (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Best Buy) (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Best Buy) (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Future Shop) (Canada) - 12/9/14

Coming Soon

:br: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (Best Buy) (USA) - 2014

:br: Fifth Element (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Snatch (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Superbad (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Desperado (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Das Boot (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: District 9 (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Dr Strangelove (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Karate Kid (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Leon the Professional (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Taxi Driver (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Tommy (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Kung Fu Hustle (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Easy Rider (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Stripes (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

January

:br: Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (Target) (USA) - 1/6/15

Coming Soon

:br: Fury (Target) (USA)

Last edited by a moderator:
Target also seems to be getting an exclusive steelbook for Live-Die-Repeat/Edge Of Tomorrow, releasing on 10/07/14:

http://www.target.com/p/live-die-repeat-edge-of-tomorrow-blu-ray-dvd-digital-steelbook-target-exclusive/-/A-16483342#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=steelbook

Not sure if it's 3D or not, though seems to be not from the cover art.

EDIT:

Also seems to be a Target exclusive for the EE of Desolation of Smaug (2D BD only + UV), releases 11/04/14:

http://www.target.com/p/the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-extended-edition-blu-ray-uv-steelbook-target-exclusive/-/A-16454696#prodSlot=medium_1_4&term=steelbook

Target seems to have the Batman Assault on Arkham steelbook in stock as of the time of this post:

http://www.target.com/p/dcu-batman-assault-on-arkham-blu-ray-dvd-digital-hd-ultraviolet-steelbook-target-exclusive/-/A-16233249

Shows as $17.99 and says Steelbook in the item description, plus shows the correct item picture.  I ordered one with some other items and will see what shows up by the end of the week.

They also have a number of the semi-recent steelbooks (Evil Dead, Killing Them Softly, Law Abiding Citizen, Lawless, Lords of Salem, Steve Austin 4-pack) on-sale for $11.39 each.   Also on-sale is Django Unchained at the same $11.39 price.

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=steelbook&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_steelbook

Target also seems to be getting an exclusive steelbook for Live-Die-Repeat/Edge Of Tomorrow, releasing on 10/07/14:

http://www.target.com/p/live-die-repeat-edge-of-tomorrow-blu-ray-dvd-digital-steelbook-target-exclusive/-/A-16483342#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=steelbook

Not sure if it's 3D or not, though seems to be not from the cover art.

EDIT:

Also seems to be a Target exclusive for the EE of Desolation of Smaug (2D BD only + UV), releases 11/04/14:

http://www.target.com/p/the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-extended-edition-blu-ray-uv-steelbook-target-exclusive/-/A-16454696#prodSlot=medium_1_4&term=steelbook
If the blue banner at the top of Edge of Tomorrow's steelbook is removable (the more I look at it, the more I doubt it will be), then I might get that.

I already have the Extended Edition of Desolation of Smaug preordered for $19.96 at Amazon, but that steelbook...:drool: Then again, it would be inconsistent with the standard BR+UV of An Unexpected Journey's Extended Edition I bought from Walmart last year. :whistle2:k

If the blue banner at the top of Edge of Tomorrow's steelbook is removable (the more I look at it, the more I doubt it will be), then I might get that.

I already have the Extended Edition of Desolation of Smaug preordered for $19.96 at Amazon, but that steelbook... :drool: Then again, it would be inconsistent with the standard BR+UV of An Unexpected Journey's Extended Edition I bought from Walmart last year. :whistle2:k
Best Buy had their steelbook for the 3D version of the An Unexpected Journey EE, though they don't seem to have a steelbook this time around. Only thing I can find so far is this 2D + UV version of the EE that comes with a copy of Thorin's key for the Moon Door:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bd-hobbit-t-bby-excl-bd-uv-thorin-key-blu-ray-disc/8540018.p?id=3282099&skuId=8540018&st=smaug&lp=14&cp=1

Found this 3D + 2D + UV exclusive box set, though doesn't mention a steelbook, though looks like it is lenticular packaging:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-boxed-set-ultraviolet-digital-copy-blu-ray-3d/8540027.p?id=3171298&skuId=8540027&st=smaug&lp=3&cp=1

And also this collector's edition with the dwarf statues from Erebor, also appearing to be 3D + 2D + UV:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-ultraviolet-digital-copy-blu-ray-3d/25030436.p?id=3171298&skuId=25030436

CE info:

- Two Gates of Erebor Guards premium bookends exclusively created by The Noble Collection
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug on 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack with Depth Lenticular Packaging
- 25,000 copies available of the limited edition

Best Buy had their steelbook for the 3D version of the An Unexpected Journey EE, though they don't seem to have a steelbook this time around. Only thing I can find so far is this 2D + UV version of the EE that comes with a copy of Thorin's key for the Moon Door:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bd-hobbit-t-bby-excl-bd-uv-thorin-key-blu-ray-disc/8540018.p?id=3282099&skuId=8540018&st=smaug&lp=14&cp=1

Found this 3D + 2D + UV exclusive box set, though doesn't mention a steelbook, though looks like it is lenticular packaging:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-boxed-set-ultraviolet-digital-copy-blu-ray-3d/8540027.p?id=3171298&skuId=8540027&st=smaug&lp=3&cp=1

And also this collector's edition with the dwarf statues from Erebor, also appearing to be 3D + 2D + UV:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-ultraviolet-digital-copy-blu-ray-3d/25030436.p?id=3171298&skuId=25030436

CE info:
Yeah, I'm not interested in those, and I skipped Best Buy's steelbook last year because it was 3D + UV only.

Is the metalpak coming out tomorrow for Godzilla 3D what store are you buying it at

Last edited:
On bby it has the Godzilla 3D metalpak for 27.99 or 14.99 with a tv show

Man. Just got the Sin City steel from Zavvi. Thing is gorgeous. Hopefully either the US steel for the sequel somewhat matches or Zavvi makes one.

I was thinking about getting Transformers Steelbooks but couldn't tell if they had the special features discs. I know generally they don't but considering I'm only half interested I heard the extras were more interesting and would make the deal better.

I really hate the back boarders they put on it. Who's bright idea was that? Well I don't know if this was better than the walmart steelbooks artwork.

I really hate the back boarders they put on it. Who's bright idea was that? Well I don't know if this was better than the walmart steelbooks artwork.

As long as it's like Winter Soldier in that it also has the regular Blu-ray, I'm down for this. :whee:
Added it to my "Steelbooks" wish list to keep handy when it's time to order. If I had to guess on release date, it would probably be early 2015, maybe Feb/March. Winter Soldier was about 6 months from theater to retail, so that would put Guardians in Feb/March timeframe.

Added it to my "Steelbooks" wish list to keep handy when it's time to order. If I had to guess on release date, it would probably be early 2015, maybe Feb/March. Winter Soldier was about 6 months from theater to retail, so that would put Guardians in Feb/March timeframe.
Unless they fast-track its release to before Christmas (4 months, which isn't unheard of) in hopes of getting holiday sales.

Yeah... sometimes we can get lucky though.  I remembered when RE: R came out in sept 2012, and was out on steelbook Dec 2012.  But Thor 2 came out in Nov and was out in March the following year.   Three months should be the normal turn around for most movies to be released on BR but some times studios drag their feet and make us wait 5 or 6 months.  Based on Thor 2 and CA2 releases, I am thinking we won't see a release until 2015 :(

I haven't seen a single episode yet. How's the show like ?
I thought season 1 was ok at first, but nothing special. Knowing what I know now, and having rewatched it, I didn't realize just how much of what happened in Season 1 was foreshadowing Season 2 (including the Season 2 finale) and even Season 3, and in that regard I did enjoy it more. All that said, you will need a decent knowledge of DC's lore to catch some of it, not to mention all the little easter eggs and nods to other characters ("St. Walker's Hospital made me chuckle").

Season 2 is where the show really becomes something special though. It's phenomenal, and I'd go as far as saying it's the best show on the air now. I don't want to spoil anything for you obviously, Season 2 starts a bit slow but continues to ramp up quickly to the point where I was genuinely excited for the next episode...... I haven't cared that much about a TV show since Deep Space 9.

All in all, I would definitely watch Season 1 first, then Season 2. I don't know if they can live up to the hype for Season 3, but if any show can do it it's this one. They clearly had the plot for at least the first few seasons written well before the series aired, and so far it looks like it's come together very nicely.

They are supposed to add Season 2 to Netflix the same day the season premiere airs, and I'd definitely recommend jumping on ASAP if you plan on watching it.

Last edited:
After the success Guardians has had in theatres, I would be literally shocked if Disney didn't release it before the holidays to take advantage of the gift giving season.

After the success Guardians has had in theatres, I would be literally shocked if Disney didn't release it before the holidays to take advantage of the gift giving season.
Nothing has been "confirmed" officially, but it's coming out December 9th.

Or at least that's what's going around the rumor mill

BTW preorders for the GotG steelbook are up: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/3d-bd-guardians-of-the-galaxy-steelbook-blu-ray-3d/8879005.p?&ref=199&loc=f7sX52tQY3I&acampID=1&siteID=f7sX52tQY3I-3HQF0Q34cMOTZeFTEeFQag

IIRC that's the exact same pricing they had when Winter Soldier first came out, so maybe we'll see some similar sales? But with it launching a couple of weeks before Xmas, maybe not?

Last edited:
I'm with rcerboss the early December release sounds right. No way Disney is going to miss out on all those holiday sales. Looking at recent trend,s 3 - 4 months after theatrical release is about the standard time frame for home release anyways.

I have it on good authority that the Crystal Skull Indiana Jones Zavvi steelbook will likely be OOS at the end of the day. Buy now, if you want at retail.

Target seems to have the Batman Assault on Arkham steelbook in stock as of the time of this post:

http://www.target.com/p/dcu-batman-assault-on-arkham-blu-ray-dvd-digital-hd-ultraviolet-steelbook-target-exclusive/-/A-16233249

Shows as $17.99 and says Steelbook in the item description, plus shows the correct item picture. I ordered one with some other items and will see what shows up by the end of the week.
Just received my package from Target and it was the steelbook for Assault on Arkham. Packed in a box, even.

LET ME IN - ZAVVI EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK (ULTRA LIMITED PRINT RUN) BLU-RAY

Price: £14.99
Release Date: November 10, 2014

10% off Horror Steelbooks when bought with this product.

Simply add Zavvi Exclusive steelbook and your chosen horror steelbook to the basket and the discount will be automatically applied.

10997013-1410523581-597977.jpg

10997013-1410523581-598011.jpg

The steelbook for guardians was predicable anyway lol. Third straight mcu release to have it. I just want the dang film to release on disk already so we can see the Marvel one shot that will probibly show what happened to oden in thor dark world and to update my collection. We are groot !!!!

Beauty and the Beast 3D - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (The Disney Collection #30) (Includes 2D Version) Blu-ray

Price: £20.99
Release Date: TBA

15% off Disney In-stock steelbooks when bought with this product.

Simply add Zavvi Exclusive steelbook and your chosen disney steelbook to the basket and the discount will be automatically applied.
If this will work on NA Blu Ray players then this is HUGE. I'd love to get the 3D disc for a decent price though I like the NA steelbook more.

Movies & TV Deal of the Week: Blu-ray Steelbooks

This week only, save up to 58% on select Blu-ray Steelbooks including, Wrath of the Titans, Zodiac, The Dark Knight, and more. Offer ends Saturday, September 21, 2014 at 11:59pm PST.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_425059082_3?ie=UTF8&node=9397979011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=00MM55YQGFS27WR7VQET&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1925670642&pf_rd_i=B000NQRE1E
Interesting, I didn't know Batman Begins had multiple steelbook covers. Grabbed The Dark Knight and completed my steelbooks for the trilogy, thanks for the post.

Interesting, I didn't know Batman Begins had multiple steelbook covers. Grabbed The Dark Knight and completed my steelbooks for the trilogy, thanks for the post.
Batman Begins and The Dark Knight both received new covers when WB did their second wave (general release) of Steelbooks. IIRC, the second printings also include inside artwork.

Wave 1 Steelbooks (Best Buy exclusives):

45869_large.jpg
45868_large.jpg

Wave 2 Steelbooks:

69299_large.jpg
69301_large.jpg

If this will work on NA Blu Ray players then this is HUGE. I'd love to get the 3D disc for a decent price though I like the NA steelbook more.
The normal UK release is region free, so it's highly possible. I think I'm going to sell my 3D version here and get these anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back