iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're thinking of Austin, unless San Antonio is being assaulted by amateur bombers too. Crazy shit.
A bomb destined for Austin blew up at a FedEx facility in San Antonio today, so it wasn't intended. Luckily people were just injured last I heard. Another just went off south side of Austin a few hours ago, so this is far from over.

Maybe they'll start taking more care when handling our packages, eh? :whistle2:

Justice League steelbook is on sale $24.99 blu and $29.99 4K. If you purchased on release day you are still in the price adjustment window today and tomorrow. I spent a couple minutes on chat and got my $5 back!

Justice League steelbook is on sale $24.99 blu and $29.99 4K. If you purchased on release day you are still in the price adjustment window today and tomorrow. I spent a couple minutes on chat and got my $5 back!
Nice thanks, time get some money back so I can spend it again at best buy lol.

geez, you guys are lucky.  I tried to get my Thor SB PM'ed last week and the chat person wouldn't do it.  I'll try with my JL SB.

Debating whether I should contact CS or let see if this new Member Purchase Promise thing kicks in thing that's suppose to do it automatically. Either way 5 bucks back for that steamy turd of a movie is a plus. I still don't know why I kept the dam thing besides the steelbook looked really nice.

Side note, Rick and Morty Season 1 HAD the digital copy, but only Season 2 is currently shipping with digital copy code. Season 1 for whatever reason was like " For a limited time get a digital copy" sort of thing.

Does anyone know if that Avengers steelbook listing that popped up on Best Buy a while back ever went live? The Age of Ultron & the Civil War ones that popped at the same time have, but I haven't noticed this one go live yet.

Also how the hell no one told me of this?!?

https://www.bestbuy....?skuId=33896161

r_msteel.jpg

Thanks man appreciate it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the heads up! Got it adjusted.

I didn't have any trouble picking up a copy, so there wasn't anything particularly noteworthy to post about. Also, I was busy doing my taxes last night, so I didn't have any time to actually watch it.

Not a single star wars steelbook within 250 miles of me, which is roughly 2 best buys lol

My dark crystal order did not go through. Time to play the waiting game again and hope for a restock.

Not a single star wars steelbook within 250 miles of me, which is roughly 2 best buys lol

My dark crystal order did not go through. Time to play the waiting game again and hope for a restock.
No 2D steels? The 4K steels were made more plentiful than the 2D versions so maybe check for those and you shouldn’t have a problem finding one. If price is an issue you can always sell the 4K disc off, digital copy too if you don’t care about it.
I just checked Best Buy for my area and every store has the 4K version, very few have the 2D version

No 2D steels? The 4K steels were made more plentiful than the 2D versions so maybe check for those and you shouldn’t have a problem finding one. If price is an issue you can always sell the 4K disc off, digital copy too if you don’t care about it.
I just checked Best Buy for my area and every store has the 4K version, very few have the 2D version
Yeah, the 4K version are so plentiful that I expect that to go on sale sometime in the next month of two (maybe Star Wars day in May?). The standard BR version is only available at one or two stores in my area now. Of course, the opposite will probably happen, in standard Disney fashion expect the standard version to see a price drop next week (like they did with Thor) while the 4K holds its price for a while.

I went on release day at around 10:30 AM and there were maybe a total of 8 4K SBs left and many, many more standard SBs in the front TLJ display and Blu-ray racks in the back.  I went back the following day at around 11:00 AM and were loads of 4K SBs in the front TLJ display AND the front new releases racks but I didn't notice any more standard SBs.  I didn't check the Blu-ray racks in the back, though.

Yeah, keeping my standard steel sealed in case the 4k gets a drop in a few weeks. My local BB only had 4k copies left as well so it's a good possibility.

Only @ BB steelbook preorders:

Ready Player One (4K/BR) - $34.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ready-player-one-steelbook-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-only--best-buy/6228663.p?skuId=6228663

Ready Player One (BR/DVD) - $29.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ready-player-one-steelbook-blu-ray-dvd-only--best-buy-2018/6228659.p?skuId=6228659

There's also a 3D version that's unfortunately not a steelbook (but contains exclusive trading cards and likely an exclusive slipcover):

Ready Player One 3D - $34.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ready-player-one-3d-blu-ray-trading-cards-only--best-buy-blu-ray-blu-ray-3d-2018/6228661.p?skuId=6228661

I heard the 3D is pretty awesome in this so that's the one I'm leaning towards ordering right now.

I think if they are going to charge $34.99 for these, they should include the 4K and 3D...

The movie was good, not great, but there are tons of pop culture (and not-so-pop culture) references in it.  I bet that cost a bunch in licensing fees...

I thought a lot of them gave Spielberg the rights out of respect. I assumed it didn't cost them nearly as much as it usually would.
Your right but they weren't given, they were just done at flat rates rather demand a percentage of profits, which licenses of note usually require.

Same with Wreck it Ralph because Disney didn't want to pay a ton for all those game characters.

There was a time around three to four years ago when most steelbooks were worth buying.  New releases were $17.99 and it was mostly good movies.   I don't think steelbook collectors care now as much as they used to because the market has become saturated and prices have gone up.  Most steelbook movies don't warrant a purchase now.  Plus there are lots of phoned-in designs.  Quality has gone down and quantity has gone up.  There's little incentive to go to the store and spend $27.99 or $34.99 on new release day on what is sure to become a $10 movie.  Publishers saw there was a market there, and they got greedy.  Sure, maybe 2 out of 10 of them will sell out quickly but half of steelbook releases also become $10-15 if you're patient.  People focus on Marvel and buy what they can't live without now.  It has gotten to be too much. 

The steelbook used to be a bonus for going in and buying something on new release day.  Now its a paid premium. 

I just put a hold on the suicide squad steelbook from target. The reviews seem pretty good. Would've got the best buy edition, but that book just seems a bit small. Maybe it's just me?

It doesn't help that Disney/Star Wars/Marvel/Pixar often get prioritized in your buying queue because they mostly sell out quickly and then shoot up in price.  Disney owns half of blockbusters now so you have to pay the Disney tax on many steels.  That's one $28-35 purchase about six times per year by itself.

Then there's the most important factor.  There's 4K UHD now!  It makes no sense to pay premium prices for last gen products. A lot of steels that get released are still 1080p bd only. 

The bottom line is that 2017 was time to start slowing down on BD purchasing for several reasons. 

oooh so today is a perfect example of the problem.   The Greatest Showman.   Now there's a movie I want to watch.   The steelbook is $24.99, the 4K UHD is $24.99, and there is no 4K UHD steelbook.  So what do you do?  You pass. 

oooh so today is a perfect example of the problem. The Greatest Showman. Now there's a movie I want to watch. The steelbook is $24.99, the 4K UHD is $24.99, and there is no 4K UHD steelbook. So what do you do? You pass.
I went with the 4K & hoping to pickup the SB in the future on ebay for $5 w/o the disc.

Anyone get any of the new suicide squad sb or limited edition?
I got the steelbook. It's actually really nice looking, especially the back side. Probably one of my favorites for the DC animated movies. Can't say anything about the actual movie though as I haven't watched it.

bread's done
Back