iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
Mail call. JP comes with 2 SBs, didn't expect that. Going to try to sell the Blu-ray+Special Features Set and just keep the 4K.

As for [Zavvi] Coco (3D)...solid Steelbook, one of the best ones I've seen.
f9c8f2b2fb6c8377d99f1224e4adee51.jpg
128c595c9c2b01479461bcc90afaf484.jpg
3cda33c5036000608afae2ef4f23e4c8.jpg
6a1f9372bc347e80187cdb2d0a1eec8d.jpg
20c93c4de7f0875b18162db6691bd551.jpg
b27ae879c9019f750beaeda7902ec396.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not to sidetrack too much, but any opinions on Batman Ninja? Bought it a few weeks back on a whim and haven't opened it for fear of being burned on another mediocre release. Art looks very Amano-esque which is fine, but I'm more concerned with the story and voice acting heh. Trailer always had me kind of teetering. . .

Not to sidetrack too much, but any opinions on Batman Ninja? Bought it a few weeks back on a whim and haven't opened it for fear of being burned on another mediocre release. Art looks very Amano-esque which is fine, but I'm more concerned with the story and voice acting heh. Trailer always had me kind of teetering. . .
I really enjoyed it and didn’t regret buying the steelbook. It’s over the top and a bit goofy but very entertaining.

War for the planet of the apes steelbook is on sale this week for $14.99

Also reminder that Peter Pan, The Incredibles and A Wrinkle in Time steels all come out tomorrow

Edit - also folks over at the Blu-ray forums say that Blade Runner 2049 and It steels are randomly popping back up in store so worth checking out if you missed them the first time

Ha yeah, It is probably my favorite film of the last decade. I had to cancel my regular steel for a 4k upgrade because I love that damn movie.

Yeah I picked up "It' and Blade Runner steels in-store today for $27.99.  Man there are so many nice looking boxes on the shelves these days, so many things I want to buy.   Waiting for a flash sale for Lady and the Tramp and Peter Pan steels. 

No chatter regarding The Incredibles 4K BB SB?

I almost reserved one, but too rich for my blood for a re-release.

No chatter regarding The Incredibles 4K BB SB?

I almost reserved one, but too rich for my blood for a re-release.

I mean I mentioned it a few posts up but in general this thread doesn't see a lot of traffic like it used to. I picked it up because I am a sucker for steels, especially Disney. If you passed on it you more than likely missed out as everyone on the Blu-ray forums reported a pretty low amount in store.

Wonder if super troopers 2 will get the steel treatment?
It releases next month.
I'm sure Deadpool 2 and avengers will.

I just watched the trailer for the new death of superman and now I can't wait to see what editions are available for it.

Deadpool 2 and Avengers were announced and up for preorder the day they were released in theaters. Avengers has artwork up and releases 8/14, Deadpool doesn't have artwork yet and releases on 8/21. This info has been mentioned here.

No info posted yet but Death of Superman will no doubt have a Target steelbook

If Super Troopers 2 releases next month we would have steelbook details by now

No SteelBook either for Pacific Rim 2 (next week) - Sad month in June. The next 4K SteelBook is the Equalizer on 7/10 - At least we get to save some money...

No SteelBook either for Pacific Rim 2 (next week) - Sad month in June. The next 4K SteelBook is the Equalizer on 7/10 - At least we get to save some money...
Target is getting a Pacific Rim 2 Steelbook according to their ad $22.99 I think non 4k though.

I'm enjoying buying the overpriced steelbooks I skipped.  Things like "It" and Blade Runner 2049, and Deadpool in 4K on sale for $24.99 at Best Buy this week. 

I'm enjoying buying the overpriced steelbooks I skipped. Things like "It" and Blade Runner 2049, and Deadpool in 4K on sale for $24.99 at Best Buy this week.
Yet there are always some that fall between the cracks. Kingsman Golden Circle 4K steelbook never fell below $27.99 as far as I can tell then when I finally decided to use a Reward Certificate on it, it completely sold out. Though there is always a chance that it'll come back in stock down the line (or show up at a place like FYE for $10).

These restocks are certainly nice but absolutely not the norm so I wouldn’t bet on them. Even in this case Blade Runner and It are very limited and are only a part of a Father’s Day promo.
As far as Deadpool, Fox is more liberal with their reprints, taking advantage of the sequel in theaters and just milking the hell out of the Deadpool property in general.

Pacific Rim Uprising is out at Target today for $22.99 and sounds like stores are getting 2-4 copies each. Also available to order online.

Pacific Rim Uprising is out at Target today for $22.99 and sounds like stores are getting 2-4 copies each. Also available to order online.
It was a tough choice but I ended up going for the 4K/3D combo pack from Best Buy. These days 3D trumps steelbooks, at least for me.

It was a tough choice but I ended up going for the 4K/3D combo pack from Best Buy. These days 3D trumps steelbooks, at least for me.
I did the same. Didn't really dig the movie all that much, but gotta support 3D... Specially the 4K/3D bundles that are super rare.

I build my own 3D/4K steels. That combo pack is bound to go on sale at some point whereas the steel will probably sell out this week. Once I buy the combo pack I’ll just sell off the blu ray disc and digital copy to offset the cost

Yes the Saving Private Ryan steel is one disc, it’s been mentioned here too. I was going to pass at first but I had a reward cert to use when it was on sale so I bit.

I'm enjoying buying the overpriced steelbooks I skipped. Things like "It" and Blade Runner 2049, and Deadpool in 4K on sale for $24.99 at Best Buy this week.
Damn, is there any way to check inventory online for the It steelbook at this point? The item page doesn't even allow local store inventory checks let alone online order/in store pickup

I build my own 3D/4K steels. That combo pack is bound to go on sale at some point whereas the steel will probably sell out this week. Once I buy the combo pack I’ll just sell off the blu ray disc and digital copy to offset the cost

Yes the Saving Private Ryan steel is one disc, it’s been mentioned here too. I was going to pass at first but I had a reward cert to use when it was on sale so I bit.
What site do you use to sell digital copy and Blu-ray disc?

Damn, is there any way to check inventory online for the It steelbook at this point? The item page doesn't even allow local store inventory checks let alone online order/in store pickup
Not sure if this is still true, but several years ago you could go into store at Best Buy and ask them to check other local store stocks for items. Just make sure they are not being lazy and going to the website (like you already tried). It's their actual in-store stock system that shows you current stock numbers as well as if they expect any more coming in anytime soon. Should have listings for the ten closest stores or so. Haven't asked them to use it in several years though so not sure if its still a thing they do for customers.

Not sure if this is still true, but several years ago you could go into store at Best Buy and ask them to check other local store stocks for items. Just make sure they are not being lazy and going to the website (like you already tried). It's their actual in-store stock system that shows you current stock numbers as well as if they expect any more coming in anytime soon. Should have listings for the ten closest stores or so. Haven't asked them to use it in several years though so not sure if its still a thing they do for customers.
It is indeed still true, me and the SO did it last Saturday. Searched all over the store for It, and eventually asked someone if they had any. Didn't have any at our store but told us the numbers at other stores. Drove about 30 minutes and was able to snag one. So it's worth a shot!

Oh, make sure you have the SKU from the website: 6138118

You can use the SKU on zoolert too, not 100% accurate but will give you a good idea where to look

I sell my digital copies here and also on the bluray.com forums

they have really been phoning it in with the steelbooks lately.  unbelievably lazy designs on half the stuff that's been put out this year.

I think it's the same steelbook for both versions, they just have the back facing forward for the 4K (at least the small image on the j-card makes it seem that way).

bread's done
Back