Stella: Season 1 $18 shipped at Comedy Central Store

[quote name='animemaniac14']i thought this was a pretty awful and pointless show...so i def won't be getting it...[/QUOTE]
Agreed, I expected more from Michael Ian Black.

I think they might bring it back for another season. The DVD is listed as "Season One" not the "complete series" which most 1 season shows do. so maybe.

I thought the DVD set was awesome, the documentary/interviews of eachother was awesome, and all the eastereggs were awesome. the entire season is awesome. So yeah, it's awesome.

i got it for $15.99 at newbury comics this week. i believe cc had it for 17.99 this week as well.

definitely worth it. i highly doubt there'd be a season two, but of course comedy central always cancels their good shows to only play carlos mencia or some dumb shit twenty times a day. dog bites man got the same treatment as stella...i can't wait for dbm to come out on dvd as well.

[quote name='animemaniac14']i thought this was a pretty awful and pointless show...so i def won't be getting it...
Dude, speaking of pointless, let's talk about FullMetal Alchemist...Never in my life have I seen such a manipulative show drill the same values and ideas into its viewer, over and over, and pull at the same heartstrings, over and over, throughout the entirety of the series. If I ever hear "When something is created, something else must be taken away" again, I swear to God I'll 'create' a fucking bloody mess, and I won't care who's 'taken away'.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']The word on S2 from the cast members is that if the DVD sells enough CC will do another season. So buy buy buy[/QUOTE]
awesome.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I just did a google search for Stella and it says on this site that the show has been cancelled. :cry:[/QUOTE]
http://suicidegirls.com/interviews/Michael+Showalter/
DRE:
At the press day for The Baxter, Michael Ian Black and David Wain implied that Stella won’t be coming back to Comedy Central.
MS:
I don’t know that that’s true. I think that the most I can say about Stella on Comedy Central is that they want to bring the show back. I’m speaking about Comedy Central. It’s an expensive show for them and nobody watched it, but they really liked the show. I think they feel like it’s a great show. I think that internally they need to figure out how to make it work and that’s why it’s taking them so long to make a decision. It would be false to say that they’re not bringing the show back. Right now it’s neither nor. They haven’t picked it up. They haven’t not picked it up. I don’t think they’re ever going to not pick up the show. I think what they may do is wait and see how well the DVD does. They’re going to put a decent amount of money and marketing behind that. If the DVD sells well, a year and a half from now, you might see Stella back on Comedy Central. That’s kind of how they do it.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Stella doesn't seem like it would be all that expensive for Comedy Central to make, but what do I know?[/QUOTE]
Yeah it doesn't to me either, but then if you think about it, shows like South Park or Chapelle's Show are probably pretty cheap to make, South Park because it's quick cheap Flash animation, and Mind of Mencia (or Chappelle's Show) are just pre-taped segments shot for cheap and shown to an audience.

And so in comparison, Stella has all sets, celebrity guest-stars, shot on film, shot on location in New York sometimes, with lots of quick gags and such.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Yeah it doesn't to me either, but then if you think about it, shows like South Park or Chapelle's Show are probably pretty cheap to make, South Park because it's quick cheap Flash animation, and Mind of Mencia (or Chappelle's Show) are just pre-taped segments shot for cheap and shown to an audience.

And so in comparison, Stella has all sets, celebrity guest-stars, shot on film, shot on location in New York sometimes, with lots of quick gags and such.[/quote]
Yeah you're right now that I think about it. Not that expensive, but expensive compared to the shows that get the big ratings like South Park, The Daily Show, and the Colbert Report.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Stella has all sets, celebrity guest-stars, shot on film, shot on location in New York sometimes, with lots of quick gags and such.[/quote]

From what I understand (not much) on location shooting is very expensive. Upright Citizens Brigade had the same problem, as a lot of that show was filmed on location. Although if UCB made it 3 seasons, there is hope for Stella.

bread's done
Back