Stickers on game discs from video stores; need help removing

pdat2003

CAGiversary!
I just purchased a PS2 game from a video store (I don't usually do this) and the disc had one of those overlaying stickers on the front of the disc. Does anyone know a good way to remove the sticker without leaving residue behind? The sticker is flush to the edge of the disc.

P.S. I know about Goo Gone, but I don't think it will work in this situation.

Try using rubbing alcohol, it works surprisingly well. After some vigorous rubbing it shoulld do the trick. Make sure to wash it off with water and a cloth completely or the residue will remain, albeit moved around.
I did this with my used copy of Parasite Eve 2 and its fine (I usually dont resort to buying with the stickers, but I was desperate.)

i bought a few blockbuster games with it, pulled the sticker off one. didn't give a shit about the others. not that important to me i guess.

Hi everyone this my 1st post. just want to say thanks to all of the CAG's out there, you have helped me find a ton of deals over the last couple of months. I use Rubbing alcohol, it works pretty good and hasn't damaged any of my games. (so far)

Goo Gone will not mess up the face of the disc - nor will WD-40. They do however both leave an oily residue, which can be removed with glass cleaner. BTW, if this is a Blockbuster sticker, good luck. I don't know anyone who has ever removed a Blockbuster sticker.

yeah, I have not seen a successful removal of a blockbuster sticker either. We try to pull them off when we take back a disc that is going to be destroyed anyways, and every time, it just pulls the top side of the disc off with it. Which isnt good, ya know?

Has anyone ever tried boiling a disk with a blockbuster sticker. I have a feeling it might just come off if you boil it long enough.

If you do that, your disc will slowly crisp to a pile of melted colors. OPM's had it done, with photo proof, in one of their mags. Don't put the disc in a microwave!

bread's done
Back