Still haven't recieved my W-2's or my last paycheck...

TurkeyOnRye

CAGiversary!
Feedback
214 (100%)
So, as some of you may know, I left my hotel job (in Richmond, KY) last April/May to move to Indiana to follow my girlfriend to her new job (in Jasper, IN). I'm not regretting it a bit as the hotel and it's parents companies were majorly screwed up. There's a whole chain of events that lead up to my current problem, so I'll rush you through the backstory...

The Comfort Suites in Richmond is a 3-Way Business. It has the Comfort Suites name, the property is owned by Neal Mgmt, and the employees are employed and paid through Sharicom Inc.

To start off, my last full paycheck bounced. I made a thread about it.

Long story short, the check bounced, it sent me into the negative, and I occured overdraft fees. The bounced check was fixed however, and so I had the relevent information sent to the hotel General Manager (a copy of the bank statement) so that the overdraft could be fixed, along with my new address.

It was never fixed. Also, my last paycheck (only about $80) or so was never sent to me.

I ignored it for the longest time as the amount of money wasn't great and definitely not worth the hassle. The guy I trained at the hotel I worked at before Comfort Suites (who I'm still friends with) eventually got the GM fired and assumed the GM position. I inquired him about the my problems and he said he'd look into it, but the last GM really messed the hotel up. I was then told that to get my last paycheck, he'd have to find my last time card and he couldn't find ANY of the old time cards. I didn't press the issue any further as not to get him in trouble as the GM (like I said, the amount of money isn't significant). He told me however that Sharicom has pulled itself from the hotel and now everything is run through Neal Mgmt. and he'd continue to try to find my time card after he got the hotel passed inspection, which he did.

They proceeded to fire him when they found a cheaper GM.

Now to top it all off, I haven't recieved my W-2's. I know regardless of whether my new address actually got filed or not, I changed my address through the post office and it should still be actively sending me my old mail.

How do I go about getting my last paycheck, fees from the overdraft charge, and my W-2's? And is it possible to file a grievance or someting against Sharicom and/or Neal Mgmt? They really are scummy companies, and know that my friend is no longer involved, I'd like to stick it to them if I could.

I'm kind of hoping the more law-oriented, like javeryh, or similar positioned CAG's out there could give some suggestions.

I have no idea how you go about it but this might make you feel better, i also moved just before tax season and just got my w-2's only about 4 days ago if they are fowarding it it takes longer depending on how far you moved other than that if you had your last pay check you could go with the number on it but you don't have that either. contact the payment company directly and don't get off the line until someone has found you in the system and set it up to mail it out.

Companies have until Jan 31 to mail your W2. It just has to be postmarked by the 31st, not in your hands by the 31st. So, with your change of address maybe that might be what's taking so long. However, there is no reason that you shouldn't receive your last paycheck and the end of the last payperiod you worked. File a claim with labor board in whichever state you were working at the time. Every state has different rules/penalities about late payments to employees and some even go as far as to grant the employee an additional day's pay for every day late their paycheck is.

Don't take this shit. It's not your fault that management is fucked up there. Someone is ultimately responsible, and just because they fired all of the managers doesn't mean that they fired all of their accountants and payroll people. They owe you money. Go get it.

Don't let this happen to you.

031023office2.jpg

As far as W2s, if you use TurboTax or its ilk, and since you worked for a major company, sometimes the info can actually be downloaded going through TurboTax. There is also a way to file without W2s for this kind of situation, but I don't remember the exact procedure. Consult a tax person.

For the other stuff, if you have proof you worked, file in small claims court. If not, you still have proof of the overdraft info, the costs, etc. File that, along with the amount of your last check and tack some on for aggravation. The judge may okay all of it, since they really have been negligent. At worst, they'll have to pay for your overdraft fees and court costs.

I've called for the new GM for the past couple of days, and it always seems "they just stepped out."

Somethings never change. I did get a number for the Attorney General's office and I'll call on Monday.

I finally got ahold of the General Manager today. Apparently the dumbasses had sent my W-2's out... but to the wrong address. Here's pretty much verbatim what was said... no joke.

Them: Thank you for calling Comfort Suites of Richmond, this is Randall. How may I help you?

Me: May I speak to the general manager?

Them: (to the side) Hey... can you pick up?

Me: Huh? Oh...

*silence*

Them: Yeah. I mean, how can I help you?

Me: My name is D***** H***** and I used to work there last year and left at the end of April and I have yet to receive my W-2's. I put in a change of address at the post office and it should still be active since it hasn't been a year yet.

Them: Hold on and I'll look it up. It should be in the computer. You said your last name is Miller?

Me: No, H*****.

Them: Ah here it is... **** Mount Rushmore Drive? We mailed it out and it was stamped return to sender and undeliverable address.

Me: That's not my address anymore. Look, I gave the last TWO General Managers my new address.

Them: Well, I have your W-2's here at the hotel. Anytime you want to stop in bud.

Me: I live in Indiana now.

Them: What?

Me: I live in Indiana now.

Them: Oh, what 's your address and I'll have them mailed as soon as possible.

I gave him my address and that was that. The real kicker is this: after I got off the phone with him, I called my friend (the guy who became general manager and released/replaced with the cheaper one) and he told me that they had mailed his to the wrong building number and with no apartment number and he had to go pick his up. That's when it kicked in that the address (the Mount Rushmore one) was in incorrect. No wonder my change off address didn't work... it would have only worked had the idiots sent it to the right original address. Funny thing is that all of my paycheck stubs had the CORRECT address on them. I checked to make sure when I got home.

It's seriously just... ridiculous. How are these people running a major hotel business?

bread's done
Back