Still possible to use Amazon credit on an item "being prepared for shipment"?

lolwut?

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
I had planned to use Coinstar to cash in a bunch of coins and use the credit towards GoWIII; my estimated delivery date said March 19th, so I figured I'd have until at least this morning to cash them in and apply my giftcard balance to the order.

Well now I have the "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed," message showing for my order, and I'm not sure if I'll still be able to apply my balance to the order and have it go towards GoWIII.

On one hand, they don't charge you until the game ships, so I would think I should be able to, but on the other hand, I can't change anything else about that particular item, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was screwed at this point.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Yea, unless you get a nice customer service person on the phone that can help, your better off waiting to use the credit on the next item you order.

Nope. Once it's marked as "Shipping soon" or "Being prepared for shipment", your purchase method in the order has been charged/billed for the price of the item.

You can't do anything to change it when it's at that point. I don't know why you'd think it would be until this morning to apply the funds to the purchase since they've been boxing up GOW 3 for shipment since last night as release date is tomorrow.

[quote name='shrike4242'] I don't know why you'd think it would be until this morning to apply the funds to the purchase since they've been boxing up GOW 3 for shipment since last night as release date is tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think that it was, I was just making sure that it wasn't. Like I said in the OP, they don't usually charge until they ship (with Prime it actually ends up that I get charged after I receive the item), and my estimated delivery date had said March 19th. I'd just figure if I actually had a credit balance left, then when I was actually charged 2-3 days after it shipped, they would take use that, but it doesn't really matter; getting credit would've just been easier than going to the bank and depositing cash.

I had checked it last night at around 4 AM EST and it didn't say anything about it shipping soon, but at 10ish I got the "shipping soon" message, and now it says it'll be here tomorrow, so I can't complain.

Thanks for the responses guys

bread's done
Back