Not open for further replies.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
steveaustin3ek.jpg

Say hello to "Stone Cold" Steve Austin!

Quick Facts
  • Nicknames: The Ringmaster, "Stone Cold", The Bionic Redneck, Texas Rattlesnake, BMF
  • Height: 6ft. 2in.
  • Weight: 252lbs.
  • Home: Victoria, Texas on December 18, 1964
  • Debut: 1989
  • Current Status: Who knows.
  • Signature Move: Stone Cold Stunner
ECW Theme Music
Andrew Lloyd Webber - Jesus Christ Superstar

WCW Theme Music
"Stunning" Steve Austin

WWE Theme Music
"The Ringmaster" Steve Austin
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin, early version
Remix of the same theme, don't know when he used it
Another theme, Alliance era?

Quick Hits/Misc. Videos:
Steve Austin gets Punk'd
Steve Austin Wrestlemania 21 Gladiator Parody
Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon Celebrity Deathmatch
Steve Austin confronts Mike Tyson
Steve Austin pulls a gun on Vince McMahon!
Booker T hides from Steve Austin in a church
Booker T and Steve Austin fight in a grocery store
HHH makes fun of Austin
Angle gives Austin and McMahon a badge
Steph calls out Trish, Austin answers
The Rock insults Austin. WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?
Austin with Trish backstage
Austin talks about Bret Hart quitting WWF
Austin and McMahon - Greatest Moments

Matches
A young Steve Austin vs. "Gentleman" Chris Adams, his trainer
Steve Austin vs. The Punisher
The Rock & Stone Cold vs. nWo

Titles Held:
  • 1 time NWA World Tag Team champion with Brian Pillman
  • 2 time WCW US Heavyweight Champion
  • 2 time WCW World TV champion
  • 1 time WCW World Tag Team Champion with Brian Pillman
  • 2 time WWF IC Champion
  • 6 time WWF World Heavyweight Champion
  • 4 time WWF World tag team champion with Shawn Michaels, Dude Love, Undertaker and Triple H
  • 1 time WWF Million Dollar Champion
  • 1996 King of the Ring
  • 1997, 1998 and 2001 Royal Rumble winner
  • Fifth Triple Crown Champion
Biography on WikiPedia

Previous Wrestling Threads

* Sabu's Wrestling Thread
* John Tenta's Memorial Thread
* Jim Ross's Wrestling Thread

The What? chant will probably be around for a while, since its something easily said when someone says something stupid in the ring.

Although I love Edge and want to see him as champ (I rooted for him at Vengeance, and you know I've always liked him) the timing was bad. I know why they did it, but I was disappointed that they didn't stretch it out til SNME, and it sucks that RVD, another old favorite of mine, lost his one shot at the top. *Smokes one for RVD*

Coincidental topic choice. I was just watching a Raw from February 1996 (from the Cincinnati Gardens, so I may have been to this show, I think. I'll have to wait to see if the Jerry Lawler/Jake Roberts feud accelerates on this program), and "The Ringmaster" just came out to the ring to fight Marty Janetty.

Vince McMahon says (and I type this verbatim), "You talk about a stone cold man, you talk about heartlesss...you're talking about the Ringmaster."

spooky, yet prophetic.

EDIT: Followed by a Mankind debut promo. This is awesome! PWTorrents has four DVD-formatted discs of the Raws from Jan-April 1996. They will eventually have the entire year's worth up. Get them.

I'm so fucking pissed about everything that's gone down with RVD and Sabu over the past few days that if I tried to write down all my rants I could probably pen a novel of incoherent thoughts strung together, so instead I'll just say "I'm fucking pissed" and leave you guys with a picture.

rvdnoooo.gif

[quote name='Genocidal']I'm so fucking pissed about everything that's gone down with RVD and Sabu over the past few days that if I tried to write down all my rants I could probably pen a novel of incoherent thoughts strung together, so instead I'll just say "I'm fucking pissed" and leave you guys with a picture.[/QUOTE]

That's an excellent picture. I want to be angry, but it turns out that the only people who deserve any ire are RVD and Sabu. They violated the policy, and while the loss of those two, alongside Angle, will ruin ECW, it's more important for WWE to maintain absolute consistency in their new drug policy.

I don't like WWE programming much these days, but I won't begrudge them for doing what they promised they would the day they put this program in place. As far as I'm concerned, WWE's hand are tied, and this is one time I can't blame them for fucking things up. This is entirely on RVD and Sabu.

(Although, if they gave Cena the belt, my opinions might be a bit different; j/k, of course)

Didnt surprise me that Edge was gonna win the title when I heard about RVD and Sabu. Glad I had him on my fantasy team, 55 points! And the pic of that kid was priceless. I was laughing my ass off as soon as they showed him.

And nice choice for the new topic. My favorite Stone Cold moment had to be during the Invasion angle. Stone Cold was sitting in a bar and the WWE needed him but he wouldnt move. At the end of the show, WCW/ECW was whooping WWE's ass all over the arena when out of nowhere, Stone Cold shows up and starts to beat the shit out of every Alliance member in the arena. He probably took out 10-20 guys that night.

that pic is good and all, but nothing compares to watching the kid who cannot stop the tears while watching the snake take a chunk out of Macho Man's arm.

[quote name='mykevermin']I don't like WWE programming much these days, but I won't begrudge them for doing what they promised they would the day they put this program in place. As far as I'm concerned, WWE's hand are tied, and this is one time I can't blame them for fucking things up. This is entirely on RVD and Sabu.[/quote]

Just to be clear, I'm mostly pissed at RVD and Sabu as well. If they get canned, yes, it's their own faults, but damn. The big break they've both deserved and they finally fuck it up.

[quote name='Genocidal']Just to be clear, I'm mostly pissed at RVD and Sabu as well. If they get canned, yes, it's their own faults, but damn. The big break they've both deserved and they finally fuck it up.[/QUOTE]

Yep exactly. Like I said in the last one, I was never a fan of RVD but I was really starting to enjoy seeing Sabu wrestle. That's over now, I have no respect for people who piss away everything they've got over drugs. I'm not going to get into the whole "is pot even a drug" garbage because that's not even the point. They violated the law, fucked up, and it could (and I'm thinking should) cost them everything they've been given and worked for in the last couple months.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yep exactly. Like I said in the last one, I was never a fan of RVD but I was really starting to enjoy seeing Sabu wrestle. That's over now, I have no respect for people who piss away everything they've got over drugs. I'm not going to get into the whole "is pot even a drug" garbage because that's not even the point. They violated the law, fucked up, and it could (and I'm thinking should) cost them everything they've been given and worked for in the last couple months.[/QUOTE]

How have they pissed away anything? Sure Rob lost the title before he should have, but it is not like they did not need to have him focus more on ECW instead of WWE. Plus both of them could get fired tomorrow and make just as much money, if not more money, while working less.

Also it is not like this was an unknown thing. Rob has spoken openly about smoking pot and to think Sabu was not on something to try and kill the pain is a little nieve. Hell they had a show just to raise money to pay off his hospital bills.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']How have they pissed away anything? Sure Rob lost the title before he should have, but it is not like they did not need to have him focus more on ECW instead of WWE. Plus both of them could get fired tomorrow and make just as much money, if not more money, while working less.

Also it is not like this was an unknown thing. Rob has spoken openly about smoking pot and to think Sabu was not on something to try and kill the pain is a little nieve. Hell they had a show just to raise money to pay off his hospital bills.[/QUOTE]

I should have left it a little more open because its possible that nothing at all will happen to them, not likely, but possible. I'm assuming your referencing TNA when you say they could make more for less time? TNA wouldn't be a guaranteed thing for either guy. Sabu's had his shot in TNA and he turned his back on them to come to ECW/WWE. There's a chance they won't want him back.

Not only that but TNA wants talent but I don't think they're desperate. It depends on how this whole thing plays out but if there's a very public firing (not a storyline) of Sabu and RVD over this thing then its entirely possible that TNA wouldn't want the associated drama that would come with hiring them. They're projecting an image as well and if they keep hiring too many people who are alcoholics (Hall among others) and drug users/addicts then they're going to look bad and make it seem like they'll just take anyone.

If they're not fired then they'll most definetly each lose the push they've been given in the last 2 months during their suspension. RVD has sat on the sidelines for years and has finally been given a title push in WWE, for it to end this way is pretty sad. I'd say that going from the heavyweight champ to possibly barely getting any airtime is most defiently losing it all.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I should have left it a little more open because its possible that nothing at all will happen to them, not likely, but possible. I'm assuming your referencing TNA when you say they could make more for less time? TNA wouldn't be a guaranteed thing for either guy. Sabu's had his shot in TNA and he turned his back on them to come to ECW/WWE. There's a chance they won't want him back.

Not only that but TNA wants talent but I don't think they're desperate. It depends on how this whole thing plays out but if there's a very public firing (not a storyline) of Sabu and RVD over this thing then its entirely possible that TNA wouldn't want the associated drama that would come with hiring them. They're projecting an image as well and if they keep hiring too many people who are alcoholics (Hall among others) and drug users/addicts then they're going to look bad and make it seem like they'll just take anyone.[/QUOTE]

True. OTOH, they would take Hall, if only someone would drive him to Orlando. ;)

I kid, of course, but I recall making this assertion after WWE's drug policy came into place: TNA will welcome any high-profile guys with open arms that WWE decides to do away with, and that will harm the WWE's drug policy.

Two words: Lex Luger. Elizabeth was found dead in his apartment, and he still can collect a paycheck. Getting busted with little more than $100 in pot is nothing compared to having a corpse on your floor.

TNA, in the end, does need more talent. I think that they are one or two "RVD"s away from a two hour timeslot earlier in the evening. They would *love* to have RVD there. Makes me wonder who owns the copyright to his name: him or the WWE. ???

I'm torn. I really don't want to get into a "well, it's only pot argument," but I keep resisting the temptation to anyway. At the same time, legal or illegal, if you want to keep your career in check, behave yourself and then be an asshole after you retire. It's not even relegated to illegal activities. Just ask Ben Roethlisberger.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I should have left it a little more open because its possible that nothing at all will happen to them, not likely, but possible. I'm assuming your referencing TNA when you say they could make more for less time? TNA wouldn't be a guaranteed thing for either guy. Sabu's had his shot in TNA and he turned his back on them to come to ECW/WWE. There's a chance they won't want him back.

Not only that but TNA wants talent but I don't think they're desperate. It depends on how this whole thing plays out but if there's a very public firing (not a storyline) of Sabu and RVD over this thing then its entirely possible that TNA wouldn't want the associated drama that would come with hiring them. They're projecting an image as well and if they keep hiring too many people who are alcoholics (Hall among others) and drug users/addicts then they're going to look bad and make it seem like they'll just take anyone.

If they're not fired then they'll most definetly each lose the push they've been given in the last 2 months during their suspension. RVD has sat on the sidelines for years and has finally been given a title push in WWE, for it to end this way is pretty sad. I'd say that going from the heavyweight champ to possibly barely getting any airtime is most defiently losing it all.[/QUOTE]

When you are in the hole 20 million, you pretty much take anyone who can make you money and use them. Sabu helped sell PPV's and thats what matters. To think they would not want him back after some of the matches he had in TNA just because he left there to go to a more stable company and reunite with all those he made his name in the business with, would mean that TNA management is a little too hard headed.

As myke said they are on the cusp of getting more time on TV as their ratings seem to be on the rise and with someone like RVD coming in along with the return of Sabu they would have enought key players in the heavyweight division to finally make a run at being a top promotion.

As far as losing a push due to suspension, look at Randy Orton. He was suspended for 60 days and has lost nothing, hell he is in line to win the title down the road in a few months. Vince knows the business is about making money, and you have to be such an asshole that you are basically tearing the company apart to get fired if you are making him money.

If Hall lost a little weight I am positive TNA would welcome him back. He is still is dynamite in the mic and can put on a great match. Plus it is not like he is not well connected within the locker room.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']that pic is good and all, but nothing compares to watching the kid who cannot stop the tears while watching the snake take a chunk out of Macho Man's arm.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that kid was reacting to Cena getting hit with the belt/pinned not RVD losing the title.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been any mention of Hulk Hogan's return (in either Sabu's thread or this one). As soon as I saw the piece last week where Orton was gawking at Brooke "Big Face" Hogan, I knew it was leading up to the Hulkster's return (not trying to toot my own horn, just wondering why no one has mentioned it or "marked" yet). I just wonder if Hogan will put over Orton...

...who am I kidding?

[quote name='2Fast']I'm surprised that there hasn't been any mention of Hulk Hogan's return (in either Sabu's thread or this one). As soon as I saw the piece last week where Orton was gawking at Brooke "Big Face" Hogan, I knew it was leading up to the Hulkster's return (not trying to toot my own horn, just wondering why no one has mentioned it or "marked" yet). I just wonder if Hogan will put over Orton...

...who am I kidding?[/QUOTE]

The only thing I want to see is Brooke Hogan with daddy's moustache photoshopped on that gi-nor-mous cranium of hers.

Then she and pappy can go away to MTV and VH1, because I don't watch that shit anymore anyways.

[quote name='mykevermin']True. OTOH, they would take Hall, if only someone would drive him to Orlando. ;)[/quote]

The sad thing is that he lives right on the outskirts of Orlando, and you're still right.

:beer:

Good going with that censoring Sci-Fi.

You got one of the stfu and none of the you suck dick chants.

*EDIT* I love this crowd. Boring & You Can't Wrestle chants.

[quote name='The_Jacket']Best thing that could happen... Stone Cold coming back and joining DX[/quote]

WHAT?!

Yea, im guessing since Smackdown was taped on monday they did this at an ECW only event, which is why its not the normal Smackdown crowd where they tell everyone to "not do any explict chants".

Hey, maybe we'll have Cyrus the Virus come out and say that the Network needs to clean up!

God, and this week they're gonna have Sandman beating up another indy dressed up as a Preacher?

Oh... I forgot ECW is on. I don't feel like tuning in though, because I'm not in the mood to watch that boring crap.

[quote name='Roufuss']Oh... I forgot ECW is on. I don't feel like tuning in though, because I'm not in the mood to watch that boring crap.[/QUOTE]

QFT

There has been nothing worth watching yet. And I mean since it has been back on the air, not just tonight.

[quote name='ZForce915']QFT

There has been nothing worth watching yet. And I mean since it has been back on the air, not just tonight.[/QUOTE]

It's been the same thing for weeks now... Sandman will cane a lame gimmic, Kelly will do a shitty striptease or something, Big Show and Dreamer will probably have another squash match, and there will be some 10 minute long main event.

It may change, but I don't feel like seeing if it will.

RVD might drop the ECW title tonight, but who cares, it's not like they gave the belt ANY prestige at all.

[quote name='Roufuss']Oh... I forgot ECW is on. I don't feel like tuning in though, because I'm not in the mood to watch that boring crap.[/quote]

But Test is debuting tonight!!!

[quote name='2Fast']But Test is debuting tonight!!![/QUOTE]

Geez, that's even less of a reason to turn that shit on... and I feel horrible saying that because ECW was great back in the day.

Wow, Test definately doesnt look like he's been sitting on his ass the last few years.

Shame they couldnt put him up against someone decent, no offense to Al Snow, but i think his career ended after Tough Enough.

Suicidal, Homocidal, Genocidal, Cannabisidal, im Sabu.

Does ECW even have any belts other than the ECW championship belt which no one cares about? It all just seems kind of pointless, men are just wrestling with no real goals it seems since there is only one belt.

Or are they all going after that one belt?

[quote name='Roufuss']It's been the same thing for weeks now... Sandman will cane a lame gimmic, Kelly will do a shitty striptease or something, Big Show and Dreamer will probably have another squash match, and there will be some 10 minute long main event.

It may change, but I don't feel like seeing if it will.

RVD might drop the ECW title tonight, but who cares, it's not like they gave the belt ANY prestige at all.[/QUOTE]

You are wrong tonight.

We got a Kelly stripstease, her boyfriend squashing Little Guido, Sandman caning a preacher, Test squashing Al Snow, Sabu promo, CM Punk promo and now a 15 minute wrestling clinic with Big Show & RVD for the title under EXTREME RULES

[quote name='Sporadic']You are wrong tonight.

We got a Kelly stripstease, her boyfriend squashing Little Guido, Sandman caning a preacher, Test squashing Al Snow, Sabu promo, CM Punk promo and now a 15 minute wrestling clinic with Big Show & RVD for the title under EXTREME RULES[/QUOTE]

That just sounds horrible. Of all the people the belt could have gone to, it goes to Big Show.... I guess ECW has no one else that it could have gone to though, since Sabu is going the same way as RVD.

Where has Balls Mahoney been lately...? It feels like ECW is just the same stars over and over and over again.

[quote name='Roufuss']That just sounds horrible. Of all the people the belt could have gone to, it goes to Big Show.... I guess ECW has no one else that it could have gone to though, since Sabu is going the same way as RVD.

Where has Balls Mahoney been lately...? It feels like ECW is just the same stars over and over and over again.[/QUOTE]

You think that is bad? How about 3 commercial breaks in the past 15 minutes.

[quote name='Roufuss']That just sounds horrible. Of all the people the belt could have gone to, it goes to Big Show.... I guess ECW has no one else that it could have gone to though, since Sabu is going the same way as RVD.

Where has Balls Mahoney been lately...? It feels like ECW is just the same stars over and over and over again.[/QUOTE]

The crowd is really saving this show tonight.

Balls was on last week, wasn't he?

- edit SUPERPLEX! If there one thing RVD's good at, it's selling moves.

[quote name='Roufuss']Does ECW even have any belts other than the ECW championship belt which no one cares about? It all just seems kind of pointless, men are just wrestling with no real goals it seems since there is only one belt.

Or are they all going after that one belt?[/quote]
Theyre probably going to start with 1, maybe add more if the brand brings in enough money.

Of course, the title belt they use now is a replica. Word is that they let Rhyno keep both the actual TV & World titles after ECW went under.

I'd like to see some tag teams, it just seems really hard to squeeze it all in when they choose to throw in crap like Kelly's Striptease, and Hak (might as well call him that, he seems to be more of the tool that he was in WCW) caning random wierdos each week.

Well, one positive (at least in my mind, as i was a huge Brood fan) is that Gangrel & Luna should be coming back for this new vampire faction theyre doing.

[quote name='Bezerker']Of course, the title belt they use now is a replica. Word is that they let Rhyno keep both the actual TV & World titles after ECW went under.[/QUOTE]

IMPACT SPOILER

I do not know if this is going to air on either week, but it seemed like before the second episode of Impact starts, Rhino comes out with a red sack. He talked about decisions that he had to make. He mentions the offer that was made to him by Vince McMahon to go to ECW but he told Vince McMahon no. He wondered how there could be an ECW when the final ECW Television and World Champion was not there. Rhino mentions that he has the ECW Title belt with him but because of Vince’s lawyers he cannot bring it out. He challenges Vince to come to the Impact Zone to take the belt back but he does not think Vince will come to get it.

- edit
Heyman swerve. Big Show won the title.

ECW is dead to me. :cry:

- edit 2 But the crowd throwing trash makes me happy :)

I forgot about ECW.

Oh well, fireworks were more important..

I just turned it on.. awesome, Heyman hates RVD.

Wait.

Wait.

What the fuck?

Are you serious?

I love how they're throwing shit in the ring.

Dude.. now i'm wanting to tune in next week to see where they're going with it. I'm interested now.

And I didn't think it could get any worse, but that was flat out horrible. WWE creative has to have some of the dumbest writers on the planet. If you are going to make RVD drop the title, thats fine, but now you just shit all over ECW in making Rob drop the title in Philly in a manner that makes him look like a complete chump. I know you have to discipline him, but in doing so you just turned your show into a cheap imitation of Raw.

ECW has turn into a real shame, I stopped watching wrestling after ECW got canned, and for it to come back like this, ugh. For ECW I was expecting something like One Night Stand of last year, but its so downhill, it's sad.

For tonight's event, I liked how everyone threw in their drinks, it reminds me of those Monday Nitro conclusions of the nWo era, cause you usually dont see that shit anywhere else.

The match itself between Big Show and RVD was pretty good IMO. The Mar-i-jua-na chants were funny. Than fans throwing shit into the ring was a nice touch.

It's at least somewhat better. Still a long way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back