Stone Cold's Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to put you guys in a torture rack of jealousy and despair, but...Lex Luger accepted my friend request on Myspace :cool:

Now should I post, "thanks for killing Miss Elizabeth, jack-ass" on his page?

So when ECW goes under, what do you think WWE will go with the wrestlers for the rest of their contract (the ECW ones, not obvious ones like RVD, Angle, Show)?

I think Sabu, Sandman, shit maybe Balls Mahoney will move into Raw / Smackdown and get moderate sized pushes... I really wish they'd re-open the hardcore division again.

I think they'll keep FBI as a tag team, at least for a little bit.

Everyone else is either going to be a jobber, or get released... I really can't imagine them giving Justin Credible a push.

I sure as hell hope they don't take JBL off announcing duties and throw Tazz back in... sorry, but JBL is hilarious on the mic, and I sure as hell hope they don't go back to three men at the table, that was a clusterfuck.

Pretty sad it's not "if ECW goes under", it's just a matter of when, no if's about it.

[quote name='2Fast']I wonder how much, if any, of what JBL says is pre-conceived or if it's all ad-lib.

JBL is Smackdown.[/QUOTE]

There are times when I fast forward through Raw, because the match sucks and I know the commentary is worthless, but not once on Smackdown did I reach for the remote to fast forward, not even during that Quebec segment... JBL made everything entertaining, because I never knew what would come out of his mouth.

I'm sorry, I know Lawler and J.R have been announcing on Raw forever at this point, but they really just need to go. Let Tazz and Styles take over for them once ECW folds... Lawler's whole gimmick is annoying and stupid, J.R just gets on my nerves, and they are just painful on the ears to listen to.

Lawler just kinda creeps me out at this point, talking about puppies and god knows what else... when DX took control of the cameras on Raw, Lawler made all those segments 800 times worse.

I've never really cared for Michael Cole. The only thing he's ever done well is standing with a microphone in his hand while being verbally harassed by The Rock.

[quote name='2Fast']I've never really cared for Michael Cole. The only thing he's ever done well is standing with a microphone in his hand while being verbally harassed by The Rock.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

He goes a good job being the straight man while JBL rags on him, though.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, I saw... it seems silly to already break up that stable, didn't they just join? I dont know alot about Smackdown, though.

They could have laid the seeds of dissent a little bit better... I mean, cmon, as soon as it got down to the final 6 it was OBVIOUS Booker T was going to win.[/quote]

C'mon man, it was fucking OBVIOUS Booker was gonna win from the start.

[quote name='SIUfan86']C'mon man, it was fucking OBVIOUS Booker was gonna win from the start.[/QUOTE]

Like I said earlier, I hadn't watched or even paid attention to anything revolving Smackdown, so I wasn't aware Booker was getting a push or had been pushed recently. But when it got down to the last six, well WWE isn't going to give a tag team a shot at the gold, you know Matt Hardy is never going to get it, and Booker's own stable won't win it over him... they could have at least built some suspense, rather than 5 minutes of "I wonder when Booker T is going to win".

Last time I saw Booker T he was in some nonsense feud with the Boogeyman and worms or some shit, so seeing him near the top again is kind of cool. His entrance is far too long, though.

Alright guys,

What is your all-time favorite finisher/submission move?

Mine would have to be:

Finisher - The Canadian Destroyer

Submission Move - The Sharpshooter

What do you guys think?

[quote name='SIUfan86']Alright guys,

Mine would have to be:

What do you guys think?[/quote]

Hmmm...

Finisher: Diamond Cutter or Stone Cold Stunner

Submission: Tazmission

Finisher: Shooting Star Press (Billy Kidman is the SSP king!!!)

Submission: Muta Lock

That Rhino promo was pretty good, though you could still see some jumps where they cut & restarted. I wonder if he said anything else or forgot what to say next.

[quote name='Bezerker']Finisher: Shooting Star Press (Billy Kidman is the SSP king!!!)[/QUOTE]

Are you fucking kidding? How many times did he knock himself out on national tv because he can't do that finisher right? He's the worst SSP I've ever seen, but only because Viscera never tried it.

I was always a fan of the crucifix powerbomb/Razor's Edge, while my favorite submission is the Texas Cloverleaf.

[quote name='mykevermin']Are you fucking kidding? How many times did he knock himself out on national tv because he can't do that finisher right? He's the worst SSP I've ever seen, but only because Viscera never tried it.

I was always a fan of the crucifix powerbomb/Razor's Edge, while my favorite submission is the Texas Cloverleaf.[/quote]

I think Brock Lesnar did it a lot worse than Kidman did. Viscera would be pretty funny, he'd probably go through the ring.

Im watching a bunch of old WWF stuff from the late 90's and im noticing one of the ECW faithfuls sitting in the same seat as he did for just about every ECW match. Faith-No-More guy (long hair, goatee, always wears sunglasses). I wonder how he got the exact same seats for WWF as he got for ECW.

Does anyone remember the time, I think it was Kane, chokeslammed someone THROUGH the ring? I remember he broke the ring right in the middle, it was incredibly badass.

Here it is, it was Big Show chokeslamming Undertaker.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orKAKKCUyYs&mode=related&search=WWE%20chokeslam%20through%20ring[/media]

Here is the full match... just hearing the description, stuff like "We saw Undertaker assault The Rock earlier tonight... Triple H... Stone Cold" Make me yearn for WWF of old.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ACyuIGPE6w&search=WWE%20chokeslam%20through%20ring[/media]

Too bad that was a gimmicked ring... if you'll notice, they avoid that part of the ring for most of the match. Yet another idea stolen from ECW (although Taz and Bam Bam legitimately fell through).

For what it's worth, word on the street is that Angle was suspended due to an addiction to Vicodin that WWE found out about.

A possible poster for Summerslam can be seen here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/RodelaGab/summerslam2006poster0fv.jpg
With the ECW logo on it, it'll be interesting to see if there are any ECW matches on the show, if this is the actual poster and not a mock-up.

Mine would have to be:

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Finisher: Ki Crusher into the turnbuckle

Submission Move: Lion Tamer (not the Walls Of Jericho)

Aerial Move: 630

6307he.gif

---------

Here's a great match between Amazing Red & Lo Ki. The Ki Crusher into the turnbuckle is around the 9:56 moment.

http://media.putfile.com/RoH---Amazing-Red-vs-Low-Ki

Mine would have to be:

Finisher - I'm a big fan of superkicks, big boots, knee strikes, spears, those sort of simple strikes that look devastating when correctly delivered and taken.

Submission - I mark the fuck out for Lance Storm's rolling single-leg crab. They called it The Straightshooter for awhile, which I think is a fantastic name.

[quote name='Genocidal']Too bad that was a gimmicked ring... if you'll notice, they avoid that part of the ring for most of the match. Yet another idea stolen from ECW (although Taz and Bam Bam legitimately fell through).

For what it's worth, word on the street is that Angle was suspended due to an addiction to Vicodin that WWE found out about.

A possible poster for Summerslam can be seen here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/RodelaGab/summerslam2006poster0fv.jpg
With the ECW logo on it, it'll be interesting to see if there are any ECW matches on the show, if this is the actual poster and not a mock-up.[/QUOTE]

That posted looks photoshopped as hell... it just looks fake, for some reason.

Anyways, yea, I know they avoided that part of the ring, but you still have to admit that was fucking cool. I remember seeing that on television, and I had never seen something like that happen before, it was definitely awesome.

Almost as awesome as when Shane Mcmahon fell 70 or so feet straight down.
Check this video out... this is a collection of Shane's spots he's done, the man is sick, I wish he'd come back and do something insane like this again. When Steve Blackman rails on him with the sticks at the end is insane, too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkLswvGKrxo&search=shane%20mcmahon[/media]

[quote name='Roufuss']That posted looks photoshopped as hell... it just looks fake, for some reason.

Almost as awesome as when Shane Mcmahon fell 70 or so feet straight down.
Check this video out... this is a collection of Shane's spots he's done, the man is sick, I wish he'd come back and do something insane like this again. When Steve Blackman rails on him with the sticks at the end is insane, too.[/quote]

Yea, there's a lot of parts of that poster which don't look right, which is why I'm not gonna discount the fact that it's just a fan-made mock-up sort of like what was done with ONS this year.

I still don't understand why Shane (or Vince for that matter) would subject himself to what he does when he gets in the ring. He's richer than any of us can fathom, I'd imagine.

[quote name='Genocidal']Yea, there's a lot of parts of that poster which don't look right, which is why I'm not gonna discount the fact that it's just a fan-made mock-up sort of like what was done with ONS this year.

I still don't understand why Shane (or Vince for that matter) would subject himself to what he does when he gets in the ring. He's richer than any of us can fathom, I'd imagine.[/QUOTE]

Shane just loves the business, I suppose. He really goes above and beyond what is EVER required of him.

[quote name='Roufuss']Shane just loves the business, I suppose. He really goes above and beyond what is EVER required of him.[/quote]

Yeah I think I respect Shane more than even some of the wrestlers.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah I think I respect Shane more than even some of the wrestlers.[/QUOTE]

It's weird people don't give Shane the same love they give Mick Foley... I think jumping off the freaking Titantron is on par with anything Mick Foley has done.

Or just blind falling off that metal tower.

I dunno, but a friend at work burned me the Mr. Nanny/Suburban Commando DVD....she's probably my favorite person on earth right now.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's weird people don't give Shane the same love they give Mick Foley... I think jumping off the freaking Titantron is on par with anything Mick Foley has done.

Or just blind falling off that metal tower.[/QUOTE]

Because he does what he does one night a year, on average, and not 200. You could make the argument that he doesn't respect the business because he sets the bar higher for other wrestlers; not only that, but since he never wrestles, it's of little consequence if he does a brutal spot. He will have time to heal. None of the wrestlers do (consider Kurt Angle).

I don't have a strong feeling one way or another about Shane. I enjoy watching him, but I can understand some of the animosity he garners.

Finisher: Last Ride/elevated powerbomb. The only drawback is it obviously can't be done to everyone, but that move fucking ruled.

Submission: Scorpion deathlock. Edge's inverted version was pretty cool but he didn't do it for very long.

They've done the chokeslam through the ring angle at least twice - once with Big Show during Undertaker's "evil wizard" years (shown above) and again a year or two later when they had to hotshot an angle between UT and Kane....Kane put him through the ring with a chokeslam to lead to a match at Summerslam. Although it was only done because UT's original scheduled opponent (ironically, I think it was Big Show) was injured, it actually started my second favorte Kane push ever.

After he turned heel there. UT unmasked him at Summerslam but it was a no contest. After that, for like a month he was this ridiculously powerful monster that was beat by some of the faces - Rock most notably - but they always had to cheat to beat him and hit him with EVERYTHING before he lost. During the aforementioned Rock match, Taker came out, chokeslammed Kane, and he still kicked out. Rock hit him with like 2 or 3 Rock Bottoms before Kane finally stayed down for a 3 count. It reminded me a lot of how he was booked early on. Would be nice if they went back to something like that now since he obviously has zero direction.

What was I talking about again? Oh yeah. Stay outta my booze.

Im an indecisive bastard so i picked two each

finisher: pepsi plunge or The Implant (gangrel's ddt)
submission: either the sharpshooter or anaconda vice

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Gotta be the Razor's Edge, and there's no better move to make your opponent humble than the Camel Clutch![/quote]

Horsey!!! :bouncy:

That Sheik interview thing is fuckING HILARIOUS.
Anyone got the link?

How about the stupidest findshers? (Stupid in a funny way or absurd.)

I gotta go with the ass punch.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI9Gxk2jNaY[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVpnbCBSHeA[/media]

For Jimmie, a classic Gorilla/Brain encounter on commentary (discussing WWF announcer Michelle "Mike" McGuirk):

Heenan: "Who's the toots?"
Monsoon: "That's our new ring announcer, the lovely Mike McGuirk".
Heenan: "Mike?! What's her brother's name - Sally?"
Monsoon: I don't know... maybe her father wanted a boy".
Heenan (mutters): "Looks like he almost got one..."

Mine would have to be:

The key to a good finisher is that you never see it coming, Like a stunner or a cross face. So it's something that when you're on your last legs you can just pop out of any where and get the win, moves that require a long set up, like the People's Elbow or a jackknife power bomb take away some of the "surprise" of it happening.

That said, my faves are the Diamond Cutter and The Million Dollar Dream.

[quote name='JimmieMac']The key to a good finisher is that you never see it coming, Like a stunner or a cross face. So it's something that when you're on your last legs you can just pop out of any where and get the win, moves that require a long set up, like the People's Elbow or a jackknife power bomb take away some of the "surprise" of it happening.

That said, my faves are the Diamond Cutter and The Million Dollar Dream.[/QUOTE]

The Rock Bottom was usually a set up for the People's Elbow and most of the time you didn't see a Rock Bottom coming.

[quote name='JimmieMac']The key to a good finisher is that you never see it coming, Like a stunner or a cross face. So it's something that when you're on your last legs you can just pop out of any where and get the win, moves that require a long set up, like the People's Elbow or a jackknife power bomb take away some of the "surprise" of it happening.

That said, my faves are the Diamond Cutter and The Million Dollar Dream.[/quote]

I love those kind of finishers too, the only thing I hate is seeing them at least twice per match (four times if it's really important). The Crippler Crossface is a notorious offender.

That said, my faves are the Diamond Cutter and The Million Dollar Dream.[/QUOTE]

Rey Mysterio's 6-1-9 is a HORRIBLE finisher because it's so fucking cherographed every time. Same with shit like Shawn Michaels and "tuning up the band", and Kane's chokeslam, where they take so incredibly long to set it up.

I'm also going to go on and note that all of Kurt Angle's matches are painful to watch recently... you know the match will never end until he "takes off his suspenders", no matter how much shit happens in the match. It's just so predictable.

John Cena seems to be quick with the finishers, as well.

My favorite finishers are the Outsider's edge and the DDT Mickie James does. As far as submissions go, the rear naked choke is awesome.

What?!? We're gonna have to listen to him for the whole show!?!?!

Edit- They built a whole announce table for that? Why not just have them sit at the regular announce table like they usually do during something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back