Stone Cold's Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']Since January, when Edge originally won the belt, I thought the Rated R Superstar logo would make such a badass spinner belt, where the blades would spin and the R in the middle would stay in place.

Maybe Guile can make me a mock-up whenever he has some spare time. ;)

EDIT: Eugene in the main-event? whoulda thunk it?[/quote]

This is the best I could do. I didn't relly have a good pic of Edge to work with and I had to animate the spinning myself so it isn't that smooth because the angle of the pic makes the belt surface more oval than circular. It ain't much but here you go.

536992106_edge-rough2.gif

Back to favorite finishers, I missed the top rope finisher bit.

I was argh... always ... ya... partial... to... Jeff Hardy's Swanton bomb (especially off ladders), I swear it seemed at times he was going to snap his neck on the mat, but he'd always tuck his chin to his chest at the last minute.

My favorite top rope finisher though, was Doink the Clown's Whoopie Cushion.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']WTF with Haas and Vis?

I would think Vis could tell the difference bewtten a 100 pound woman and a 230 pound man. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Especially when the woman is SCREAMING IN HIS EAR.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']
That Sheik interview thing is fuckING HILARIOUS.
Anyone got the link?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm actually the one that posted it. I'm glad to see it has somehow gotten to the masses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K-wEUCCvE0

I'm just glad they didnt turn that whole triangle thing into a gay angle between Haas & Viscera, that would be the only thing that could top the whole Mark Henry/Mae Young angle (which started in Tampa FL, woo!) in the disgusting factor

Anyone else notice that Kane hasnt been on tv the last few weeks. I wonder what they're gonna do with the whole 'taking back the mask' angle.

[quote name='Bezerker']Anyone else notice that Kane hasnt been on tv the last few weeks. I wonder what they're gonna do with the whole 'taking back the mask' angle.[/QUOTE]

Based upon Eugene's prediction:

wrestisaac.jpg

EDIT: Removed any discussion of a weak-ass love tryst storyline that is put to shame by the stellar performance and scripting on "Saved by the Bell." :roll:

[quote name='Bezerker']I'm just glad they didnt turn that whole triangle thing into a gay angle between Haas & Viscera, that would be the only thing that could top the whole Mark Henry/Mae Young angle (which started in Tampa FL, woo!) in the disgusting factor

[/quote]

Any sexual angle with Vis is digusting by default.

man seeing wwe wrestlers fighting for ecw championship on an ecw show pisses me off... why didnt they start a feud with current ecw wrestlers.. wtf does flair have to do with ecw

[quote name='guyver2077']man seeing wwe wrestlers fighting for ecw championship on an ecw show pisses me off... why didnt they start a feud with current ecw wrestlers.. wtf does flair have to do with ecw[/QUOTE]

you think thats bad, you should check out the ecw house show results... not a single orginal ecw guy won a match except sandman.. they all jobbed their asses off. After each match a small section of the crowd would start chanting "Thank You -Insert wrestlers name here-"

If they weren't go to bring back ECW the right way they should have just done a WCW show.

I'd rather they devote a one hour WCW show to nothing but crusierweights.

What if Dreamer does a run-in and pins TBS and wins the title? (That could've happened in old ECW, correct?)

Or Tommy does a run-in and costs TBS the title, then they have a mostly meaningless feud, and the whole locker room jobs to Flair until ECW dies...

Or "evil" Paul Heyman pulls another screwjob to help TBS win, although Flair was about to win the ECW championship?

C'mon, kids, this shit is derivative and predictable. Come 11PM, you'll all be bitching about how shitty and boring everything was except for the CM Punk and/or Sabu segments.

I'll be glad to join in with you. ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']Or "evil" Paul Heyman pulls another screwjob to help TBS win, although Flair was about to win the ECW championship?

C'mon, kids, this shit is derivative and predictable. Come 11PM, you'll all be bitching about how shitty and boring everything was except for the CM Punk and/or Sabu segments.

I'll be glad to join in with you. ;)[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Test!

Chris Jericho on G4 in just a minute.

EDIT: Fluff, of course. Shocking. If anything, it clarified that Jericho won't be back in the ring again anytime soon.

[quote name='neocisco']Chris Jericho on G4 in just a minute.

EDIT: Fluff, of course. Shocking. If anything, it clarified that Jericho won't be back in the ring again anytime soon.[/quote]
I wanted him to do a Lionsault on those mellons instead of break a nice guitar.

Not a bad show tonight at all. He played all the hits: Orange Blossom Special, Wreck of the Old '97, Hey Porter, and I Walk the Line.

You didn't think I was talking about ECW, did you? fuck no, Johnny Cash live from Tennessee State Prison was on PBS. Given the choice between the man in black and "Kelly's Expose" or a twenty-minute promo that made no fucking sense whatsoever from Paul Heyman, I'll pick the classics.

Truth be told, I enjoyed Test versus Tommy Dreamer. I still want Test to suffer a career-ending injury just so I don't have to see him wrestle again. I was hoping for more, or simply perhaps some semblance of sense, in the Sabu/Credible match. But apparently Justin Credible won by disqualification, but there was no winner declared, and Sabu's music played (despite Styles' assertion that this was not an "extreme rules" match). Also, way for Styles' to hype this as Credible's first encounter with Sabu, for a 45 second fucking match (one that really really stunk, FWIW). The difference is amazing: I fucking HATE Test, and I really like Sabu and Credible, yet I hated the second match and really liked the first. It's so fucking simple that it's absurd: HAVE AN UNKNOWN VICTOR IN THE GODDAMNED MATCHES. Tommy actually got offense, and looked like he had a chance. Credible could have been replaced by any fucking $100 local jobber bitch.

I haven't made this kind of declaration since high school, but it needs to be said: Shannon Moore is *not* "punk rock." He's a fucking goof, a capable wrestler, and with a stupid fucking look. Not that you'll ever get to see him wrestle a capable match. ECW seems like it will have five segments each week, three of them "reserved" spots: (1) for Sabu, (1) for Sandman, and (1) for Kelly. You have an entire roster of guys fighting over two spots on the card. fucking genius.

Anyway, back to Johnny Cash.

I was shocked tommy got offense after expressing in his commentary blog how much he hates the new ECW. I thought a squash match was sure to follow comments like those.

Also I love how Flair and Big Show are in an extreme rules match but not Sabu, Credible, or Dreamer.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']If Flair doesn't win I'm not watching ECW anymore.[/QUOTE]

Lame ending, even worse outcome. Looks like my Tuesday's at 9 are free from now on. That was WAY too rushed, it was going so well too. fuck it, oh well.

I don't know what that accomplished - the hardcore fans will still hate Big Show and Flair is further cemented as someone who will never win the world title again.

I know it's to further push Flair's thing with Foley, but that's not even that interesting anyway.

...so, I wonder if Foley will have an amazing 60 minute match with Sting or Dusty Rhodes to retaliate?

[quote name='KaneRobot']I don't know what that accompliehed - the hardcore fans will still hate Big Show and Flair is further cemented as someone who will never win the world title again.[/QUOTE]
Yep, all that hard work and nothing at all changed. I gave ECW a lot more chances than the rest of you but its over, I'm done watching now. Each week has been worse and more boring than the previous week.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I don't know what that accompliehed - the hardcore fans will still hate Big Show and Flair is further cemented as someone who will never win the world title again.[/quote]

To set up Flair vs Foley hardcore match, they only mentioned Foley 50 fucking times.

I don't understand how the writers can even think this shit up, anyone could write a better show.

From a match standpoint, the first and last matches were good. I loathe two of the participants, and think that they would have been *great* matches if the big fucks were replaced with capable athletes, but I digress.

This was the best episode of ECW to date, but that doesn't mean it was anything good. Anyone care to help me understand what Paul's promo was about?

Heyman's on-screen character is slowly spiralling into insanity and mirroring the real life mental state of Vince McMahon by doing what he feels is "best for the company" instead of what the fans want to see?

If I look at the promo from that viewpoint, it's pure awesome.

I kinda took it like that too: it was a subtle mockery of the way WWE does things by making a character who believes themselves to be acting in the best interests of the fans, but who is perpetually counterproductive.

But, given everything else on WWE programming three nights a week, I'll chalk that up to coincidence rather than any fleeting moment of profundity on the part of the show's writers.

[quote name='mykevermin']But, given everything else on WWE programming three nights a week, I'll chalk that up to coincidence rather than any fleeting moment of profundity on the part of the show's writers.[/quote] QFT :whistle2:(

We can dream though...

DX's newest member, John Cena!??!

The following was sent out in an email for the ticket presale for WWE RAW in Memphis, TN. on August 7: "Join the superstars of WWE RAW Live! for an exciting night of wrestling at FedExForum on Monday, August 7 at 7 p.m. The main event match will feature a six man tag special in which HHH and Shawn Michaels reunite to form DX and team up with John Cena to face the Spirit Squad."

A lot of the house shows are advertising this match too, i hope its because Cena does something to Vince/the SS, i really dont think Cena would fit too well considering the "history" between Triple H & Cena.

Okay just got back a little bit from the Smackdown/ECW show. I'll give my few cents on Smackdown in a bit but here is my thoughts on ECW from being in the crowd...

- We really let it on to Heyman during his promo. You could hear my section a bit a few times.

- If you thought Dreamer vs Test was bad on TV.... it was worse in person. Very sad to see Dreamer reduced to jobbing to crap like Test. Why can't Tommy have some balls and go to TNA? Sure TNA would rehash his fued with Raven but that's far better than what Dreamer is doing now.

- I actually found watching the crowd during Kelly's Expose entertaining. Especially the families that came for Smackdown unaware of the content of ECW. Sad to say I couldn't see most of Sandman's offense on the stage since from my position the damn camera crane was in the way.

- CM Punk got a HOOOOOOUGE pop from the crowd during his promo.

- We were into the Sabu vs Justin Credible match.... until the lame ass ending. In fact we were wondering why he was DQed since nothing was said to us on why.

- Most of us couldn't understand what Balls was saying in his promo since the music overpowered his talking. Oh, and I would of really enjoyed Flair's promo if the crowd wasn't WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOing during the ENTIRE promo.

- Speaking of Flair he was pretty hot the entire night. Anytime he was on the Tron during the video packages during the nigth the WOOOOing would start up. Some Cena Sucks chants started a few times.

- During the commercial break as Flair vs Show went on Show walked out of the ring. We started a PUSSY chant. Flair then went on mic and said that we would get the match we paid for. Finally the ref ran backstage and got Show to come back out. Then match then restarted a few seconds before it went back to TV.

I'll comment on Smackdown in a bit.

Smackdown thoughts from the crowd....

-We had a dark match between two local tag teams. Sadly I had no idea who ANY of them were but it was a decent match.

-Before the actual Smackdown taping started Regal, Booker, and Sharmel came out to setup for their promo. The promo is great folks.

-Nobel vs London was a great Smackdown TV match. A few of us in my section started to do a TNA chant towards the end. Nicely done to build up towards London/Kendrick vs The Pitbulls at GAB.

-The Diva Search thing went on WAY too long. Sgt. Slaughter did a boot camp. They had the stupid male stripper from ECW (I kid not on this) come out and do a demo for the crowd on how it works. He didn't get a warm Minnesota welcome to put it mildly. I'm not sure if that part will end up on TV. The contest part itself dragged out way too long so I suspect that we'll only see a part of it, cut to commercial, then see the ending of it.

-Undertaker got one of the biggest pops of the night after Khali and Davari came out calling Taker out.

-Finlay winning the US Title from Lashley was unexpected. Honestly I feel that's a bad move to take the title away from Lashley so quickly. We'll have to see how the WWE plays this out.

-Batistia and Henry had a contract signing. Henry's reaction to us giving him the repeated WHAT chant was great.

-It was nice to see Regal wrestle live in person as he's a favorite of mine. Too bad he had to job to Mysetrio.

-After ECW ending we got a dark main event between Mysterio, Booker T, and Finlay for the World Title. It takes no rocket scientist to know who won this one. ;)

All in all it was a pretty fun show to watch live in person. Outside of the Diva crap that dragged out too long I had a fun time. It wasn't the best wrestling I had ever seen but I got my money's worth. Yeah I wish I could of gotten to see CM Punk wrestle tonight but its not like I never seen him live in person before (ROH Rebirth Stage 1 against Danielson).

Enjoy. :D

ric flair impressed the fuck out of me tonight. It wasn't that it was a super great match but it was something i would have thought i'd never see. It was cool to see Flair struggling for offense. You gotta give it to the old man for taking bumps on thumb tacks... the dude even did a belly bump on them (just the thought of him possibly getting a tack to the nuts earns him points in book)

Side note: Something is seriously not right with Test... that dude has the most abnormal looking body ive ever seen. The guys nipples point to his feet... its weird shit.

well i actually enjoyed ecw... atleast they were all decent matches

sure tommy lost but that was expected.. thats really his gimmick... atleast it wasnt a squash..

the hammerstein show should be awesome

and we actually got a geniune ecw match with credible and sabu

nice.. good to see no edits made to the dvd....

well as expected barely legal has some wwe edits

o man rvd's song in barely legal is horrible.. they didnt use his wwe theme but some generic

atleast taz and the bwo had their songs

[quote name='mykevermin']Yeah, you sure sound really concerned about the families in attendance. :roll:[/QUOTE]

The chant actually started on the OTHER side of the arena. Forgot to mention that.

[quote name='guyver2077']well as expected barely legal has some wwe edits[/QUOTE]

Joey's PBP had censor beeps done to it as well. I will admit that the picture quality compared to the Pioneer release is a bit nicer but I'll stick to watching the Pioneer version. Its the show in its full with no alterations at all.

[quote name='Scorch']So no edits to ONS2 on DVD? The whole "Cena sucks dick", etc chants are still in?[/QUOTE]

I'll be watching it in a day or two so I'll let you know.

Also I just noticed on the WWE version for "Barely Legal" has quite a few video promo packages and backstage interviews that are missing on the Pioneer release. Strange....

[quote name='mykevermin']Also, way for Styles' to hype this as Credible's first encounter with Sabu, for a 45 second fucking match (one that really really stunk, FWIW). [/QUOTE]
To be fair, he said that it wasn't their first encounter.

C'mon, the show is bad enough as it is, no need to make it seem worse. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back