STOOTSI Platinum Medal Gamer Box $50 + 5 shipping!!!

Robman62

CAGiversary!
http://www.stootsi.com/

Its back!!!! it seems to be a rotating deal type of thing
5+5 shipping!!! UPS ground
a mystery box of gaming stuff... I bit on one and hope i get something good, and hey its only 10 bucks, what is that a meal at Micky D's, check it out.
I will post what I get when I receive it.;)

the orders do not ship til 8/11/08, this may be a bummer for some.
they have a bunch of anniversary deals it is about 4th down on the page now

ALSO $0.25 RANDOM PC GAME....NO QUANTITY LIMITS SHIP FOR $5 no matter what!!!!!!

Ok My gamer Box shipped and it weighs 4 pounds.....i wonder whats inside....my 2 wiimotes from stootsi weighed one pound.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hoofrog']Per UPS, I should have mine tomorrow.[/quote]

SAME HERE but UPS comes at 5 to my hood so.....anyone who gets it earlier let me know what to expect for the 4lbs boxes

[quote name='ajh2298']UPS Tracking shows my "Gamer Box" as delivered to my Front Door but its not there, I guess somebody stole it.[/quote]

that sucks

[quote name='ajh2298']UPS Tracking shows my "Gamer Box" as delivered to my Front Door but its not there, I guess somebody stole it.[/quote]

might be a blessing in disguise:lol:

UPS does some weird stuff sometimes, don't be surprised if you get it tomorrow. I had the same thing happen to me once.

gamebox coming tomorrow, sending my wii remote back with the guy!!! and then I go buy my ps3!!!!:applause:(my sister gets them for 250 brand new) hope i get good stuff for my PSWii60:D!!!!

From Stootsi Smorgasbord Update #3 email I just got...

"Stootsi Smörgåsbord: One Random PC Game

As of today, most orders under 30 games have been shipped and/or received. Honestly, we did not anticipate the volume of orders on this product and this has been the most time consuming to package. We are doing our best to get these orders out as quickly as possible. Our target date is to have all of the large orders out by this Friday. Additionally, some of you might be receiving emails from UPS with new tracking information. Some of the shipments we processed originally had incorrect weights. We had to process new shipments, thus, you might be receiving new tracking numbers. Additionally, you may receive an email telling you that your tracking # was voided. DO NOT PANIC - this just means your original tracking number is no longer valid. Lastly, if you no longer wish to wait for your order, and your item has not been shipped, you may request cancellation of your order by replying to this email. We completely understand your frustration and are more than happy to cancel and refund any orders that have not been shipped."

I'm just hoping I get them this month now :p

well my gamer box is in chicago so i will have mine on thursday hopefully. also everybodys should be shipped out as i got an e-mail today saying they were all shipped yesterday.

I am so glad I didn't jump on this crap when I had the chance. I'm rather curious what will be in the Gamer boxes though since those seem like the only things to have any promise. I'm even more curious what will be in the 15 lb. gamer box. All I know is now after hearing everyone's experience I won't even bother with getting the Turtle Beach headphones from Stootsi or anything from them.

Oh, and I want a PS3 Robman :D lol

[quote name='MrRedrum']I am so glad I didn't jump on this crap when I had the chance. I'm rather curious what will be in the Gamer boxes though since those seem like the only things to have any promise. I'm even more curious what will be in the 15 lb. gamer box. All I know is now after hearing everyone's experience I won't even bother with getting the Turtle Beach headphones from Stootsi or anything from them.

Oh, and I want a PS3 Robman :D lol[/quote]

I'd still do business with them, as I've had great experiences in the past. Got 4 PS2 official controllers way back for $10, which at the time was a splendid deal. Cheap Nunchuks as well, and they've always been good. It looks like everyone honestly got their monies worth from these boxes, whether they like the items or not.

[quote name='BrandonJ33']From Stootsi Smorgasbord Update #3 email I just got...

"Stootsi Smörgåsbord: One Random PC Game

As of today, most orders under 30 games have been shipped and/or received. Honestly, we did not anticipate the volume of orders on this product and this has been the most time consuming to package. We are doing our best to get these orders out as quickly as possible. Our target date is to have all of the large orders out by this Friday. Additionally, some of you might be receiving emails from UPS with new tracking information. Some of the shipments we processed originally had incorrect weights. We had to process new shipments, thus, you might be receiving new tracking numbers. Additionally, you may receive an email telling you that your tracking # was voided. DO NOT PANIC - this just means your original tracking number is no longer valid. Lastly, if you no longer wish to wait for your order, and your item has not been shipped, you may request cancellation of your order by replying to this email. We completely understand your frustration and are more than happy to cancel and refund any orders that have not been shipped."

[/quote]

Was my order for 200 games a bit too many? lol :whee:

My gamer box will be here tomorrow and I'm not too worried about the games. They'll get here soon enough.

[quote name='contej85']I'd still do business with them, as I've had great experiences in the past. Got 4 PS2 official controllers way back for $10, which at the time was a splendid deal. Cheap Nunchuks as well, and they've always been good. It looks like everyone honestly got their monies worth from these boxes, whether they like the items or not.[/quote]

lmfao sounds like a stootsi employee :D

Someone on Stootsi got 2 gamer boxes and this is what was inside:

Finally got mine. A Xbox 360 component cable...seriously? Does Stootsi even read the comments here? I don't even own a 360, and if I did - HDMI all the way. My fiancee got hers too - a PS2 wireless controller valued at $30. Not bad except it won't work on a PS3 because of the specific connection. "Serious gamers only"? Maybe from 3 years ago.

[quote name='Layziebones']Someone on Stootsi got 2 gamer boxes and this is what was inside:

Finally got mine. A Xbox 360 component cable...seriously? Does Stootsi even read the comments here? I don't even own a 360, and if I did - HDMI all the way. My fiancee got hers too - a PS2 wireless controller valued at $30. Not bad except it won't work on a PS3 because of the specific connection. "Serious gamers only"? Maybe from 3 years ago.[/QUOTE]
Oh... wow...
The PS2 wireless controller wouldn't be TOO terrible. But a component cable? That better be fake.

[quote name='contej85']I'd still do business with them, as I've had great experiences in the past. Got 4 PS2 official controllers way back for $10, which at the time was a splendid deal. Cheap Nunchuks as well, and they've always been good. It looks like everyone honestly got their monies worth from these boxes, whether they like the items or not.[/quote]

Well that's definitely true. It was a "mystery box" after all and you have no way of knowing what you will receive which is always the allure and problem with said "mystery box." So I suppose, you definitely take your chances but you did get your money's worth as you said. I personally don't see myself ordering from them at all. I would like to give them a chance with the Turtle Beach headset but with the shipping problems I will just hold off and figure something out later. Maybe if they have a must have item then I'll give them a shot or maybe when all of this sale stuff dies down and they getting their "shipping issues" under control, but until then I'm fine.

The four PS2 controllers for $10 is an awesome deal. As far as anything Nintendo, I'm an ex-employee and I know people and have family that work there so I get the sweet employee discount lol. I never use it... but its there.

Also, I hope everyone gets something better out of that gaming box instead of a crappy 360 component cable. I was seriously thinking everyone would receive at least one game; albeit a crappy game but a game none-the-less. I'll have my fingers crossed for you guys.

[quote name='Layziebones']Someone on Stootsi got 2 gamer boxes and this is what was inside:

Finally got mine. A Xbox 360 component cable...seriously? Does Stootsi even read the comments here? I don't even own a 360, and if I did - HDMI all the way. My fiancee got hers too - a PS2 wireless controller valued at $30. Not bad except it won't work on a PS3 because of the specific connection. "Serious gamers only"? Maybe from 3 years ago.[/QUOTE]

told you it be some sort of junk cable. shocked it wasnt the PSP cable since they sell for around 2 bucks

the person who said their box was delivered but didnt find it. Did you check all over your yard. sometimes they put it by the back door under the recycle bins

531 pm backed over by ups truck,.... you can thank us for taking care of your trash : )
INDIANAPOLIS,
IN, US 08/19/2008 5:30 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
08/19/2008 1:09 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
NEW STANTON,
PA, US 08/19/2008 2:57 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
NEW STANTON,
PA, US 08/18/2008 11:59 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 08/11/2008 5:44 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

okay so i made the 531 up...... should hopefully be here today or tomorrow... probally tomorrow since it should of been on fort wayne last night but never showed

Find this interesting.... i return a game UPS and 1 game weigh 1 pound so maybe that person with a 1 pd pacckage is getting a gme

wooo

FORT WAYNE,
IN, US 08/20/2008 5:09 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
08/20/2008 4:09 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

so i should get it today.. hopefully before 11am when i go to work but probally wont be here till i get home

1045 am no package yet hopefully when i get off work it be here waiting forme will update around 3 or 4 pm

Is it too late to cancel my gold box? And I'm really hoping the gamer box that comes today has a ps2 controller or something for the ds...because those are the only moderately current systems I have.

im glad i stayed clear of the plat/gold/etc boxes but not so glad that i bought the gamer box, hopefully 7lbs doesnt equate to 14 component cables

I just got my gamer box and inside was a Nyko Charge Station for Wii. It was open box but all the parts are there. I won't know if the batteries hold a charge until I get home from work to test it. I can't complain because I can definitely use it (but I would have preferred a wireless PS2 controller)

[quote name='Machine']I just got my gamer box and inside was a Nyko Charge Station for Wii. It was open box but all the parts are there. I won't know if the batteries hold a charge until I get home from work to test it. I can't complaint because I can definitely use it (but I would have preferred a wireless PS2 controller)[/quote]
i have that charge station, it works great, sometimes the controllers can be a little touchy to charge though

[quote name='SynGamer']MicroCON. "Gameshark compatible with PlayStation 2, PS2 Slim, & PSOne."

Nearly identical to this, just the one i got is black: http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Wire...9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1219249075&sr=8-9[/QUOTE]
Oooh/ewww, Madcatz? Has anyone ever used this controller? Looks like I have a 4 lb box, so I am gonna be getting a controller.
Good controller or not, still twenty times better than a component cable for 360.

Just got my Gamer Box.

2 Original Xbox 8MB Gameshark Memory Cards.

Tracking said 4 lbs. The package actually weighed about 5 ounces it seemed.

If anyone wants them, just PM me.

I have 2 wireless PS2 controllers and 2 regular controllers, so if someone wants this for say $12.50 shipped (i'll be losing about $5 on shipping), PM me. I'd rather do a straight-up trade...

[quote name='adawg555']Just got my Gamer Box.

2 Original Xbox 8MB Gameshark Memory Cards.

Tracking said 4 lbs. The package actually weighed about 5 ounces it seemed.

If anyone wants them, just PM me.[/QUOTE]
Oh... no. This scares me. I have a 4 lb box too. I'd rather have the controller. I have two days to wait.

Just got my gamer box. It was a Pelican HDMI Quick Switch. Pretty cool, I'm very happy with it, assuming it works okay.

Here's a general picture of it.
pelican-hdmi-quick-switch-review-20080408033238572_640w.jpg

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Oooh/ewww, Madcatz? Has anyone ever used this controller? Looks like I have a 4 lb box, so I am gonna be getting a controller.
Good controller or not, still twenty times better than a component cable for 360.[/quote]

MadCatz MicroCons are garbage. I bought one new for Wii/Gamecube and not more than a week later, it shorted and was inputting commands on its own.

[quote name='VioletArrows']MadCatz MicroCons are garbage. I bought one new for Wii/Gamecube and not more than a week later, it shorted and was inputting commands on its own.[/quote]

I have a MircoCon and it works great, I have used it for maybe 2 years with no problems. But generally I tend to steer clear of third party controllers.

[quote name='DualDisorder']Just got my gamer box. It was a Pelican HDMI Quick Switch. Pretty cool, I'm very happy with it, assuming it works okay.

Here's a general picture of it.
pelican-hdmi-quick-switch-review-20080408033238572_640w.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Now... there's something I'd use. My TV only has one HDMI input.

Maybe I lucked out, but I got a wireless PS3 controller(Raiders controller) and Spider Man 3 Blu-Ray. Well worth my $10.

...unfortunately I don't have a PS3 and don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon. I FINALLY bought a PS2 just 2 weeks ago...so that only took me 9 years. I'm certainly open to trades if anyone is interested!

[quote name='Kandal']*total Sadness*.. I just received an Open Boxed! React 8" Xbox360 Component Cable from the Gamer Box....which I don't need at all =([/quote]
I don't think anyone would have a use for an 8 inch component cable. :lol:

not to mention it's open boxed!!! omg! total sadness lol I'm so not gonna do business with stootsi ever again! well speaking only for the mystery boxes

Just got mine. Its a rocketfish component cable for the 360. It is also open box from Best Buy and the packaging is mangled. No use to me. Sigh.

I got my gamer box... it was a fucking beaten up, taped up 3rd party PS1/2 controller. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much. But I was expecting something that wasn't total shit.:bomb:

I'm seriously going to return this shit. I'll lose money on this but I'd rather not let them have the $5.

I got my gamer box today. Open/repackaged (from BB) wired Xbox 360 controller. I don't have an X360, but I sounds like it's better than some of the other stuff people got.

[quote name='Reira']I got my gamer box today. Open/repackaged (from BB) wired Xbox 360 controller. I don't have an X360, but I sounds like it's better than some of the other stuff people got.[/QUOTE]
Is that first party? That'd be good to have for backup in case my battery died.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is that first party? That'd be good to have for backup in case my battery died.[/quote]

Yes it is. PM me if interested.

EDIT: On hold until further notice.

bread's done
Back