STOOTSI Platinum Medal Gamer Box $50 + 5 shipping!!!

Robman62

CAGiversary!
http://www.stootsi.com/

Its back!!!! it seems to be a rotating deal type of thing
5+5 shipping!!! UPS ground
a mystery box of gaming stuff... I bit on one and hope i get something good, and hey its only 10 bucks, what is that a meal at Micky D's, check it out.
I will post what I get when I receive it.;)

the orders do not ship til 8/11/08, this may be a bummer for some.
they have a bunch of anniversary deals it is about 4th down on the page now

ALSO $0.25 RANDOM PC GAME....NO QUANTITY LIMITS SHIP FOR $5 no matter what!!!!!!

Ok My gamer Box shipped and it weighs 4 pounds.....i wonder whats inside....my 2 wiimotes from stootsi weighed one pound.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crzyboy88']Type: Package

Where art thou, Gamer Box?![/QUOTE]

You want a component cable that bad?

I got two Gameshark Bluetooth Headsets for PS3 in the one box I ordered. The Red one came with a charging cable, the blue did not. Both are open box from Best Buy. Haven't had a chance to test them but will update later.

I'm just throwing this out there, but would anyone want to take all this useless crap and put it together and eBay it for charity? It would reflect greatly on CAG and i figure most of use will never use/sell what we got. Just an idea...

fuck stootsi

after waiting all of this time i open it up to find

XBOX 360 VGA AV CABLE open package wrapped with best buy tape that says INSPECTED

Inspected my Ass the metal ciip what you hookinto the xbox 360 is busted off and was just bouncing around in the box... you could hear something rattling... They just threw this in a cardboard box and didnt even put any packing around it.

i hope they get hit with 10000 Disputes and force them to go belly up

personally i think they got this out of dumpsters... Why would it take 2+ weeks to ship it. They had a week to package the items up even before the first ship date came.

I know if i dont get a responce from them by friday im disputing the charge and just tossing the broken piece of shit in the trash

Found item on best buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...+vga+&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1126591946321

40 buck item.. too bad it was BROKEN

[quote name='Ugamer_X']For everyone getting packages, could you tell me what the return address is listed as on the box?[/quote]

no refunds on the boxes, except for platinum and for that you need to let them know first, email support

I got a psp 2000 tv cable, actually sony brand, not bad for 5 dollars, other than the fact I sold my psp months ago, oh well, it was a gamble. And often times you lose when you gamble.

I don't get why they sent out broken crap to you guys. My 360 network adapter is supposed to be here Friday, and I'm losing hope that it will actually be functional.

[quote name='Robman62']no refunds on the boxes, except for platinum and for that you need to let them know first, email support[/quote]
I'm pretty well aware and I already contacted them about returning my platinum box. I'm just asking for the return address on the box to see if I can get away with refusing delivery.

So I got the casio camera they offered... looks good, but its charging now... my main problem is that it didn't come with the USB cord!!!

Got my normal gamer box and its a wireless open package Wireless React controller for PS2. Lord knows if this piece of trash will work. WTF do I need with a freaking PS2 controller. they could at least do next gen... ridiculous

[quote name='Layziebones']Someone on Stootsi got 2 gamer boxes and this is what was inside:

Finally got mine. A Xbox 360 component cable...seriously? Does Stootsi even read the comments here? I don't even own a 360, and if I did - HDMI all the way. My fiancee got hers too - a PS2 wireless controller valued at $30. Not bad except it won't work on a PS3 because of the specific connection. "Serious gamers only"? Maybe from 3 years ago.[/quote]

At least you got a component cables...I wound up with S-video cables for the 360...what the hell am I supposed to do with that?! And for $5? The damn things are opened with Best Buy open box tape on them :bomb:

My guess is they buy opened box and salvaged stuff from all the major retailers. My halo 3 controller that I bought a while back from them was a definitely an open box from best buy, but it works great, so I guess it's luck of the draw if it works or not.

I just got my Gamer box. Opened box XBox 360 VGA Cable from BB. I already have one of these I am trying to get rid of!!!!!!!

[quote name='slidecage']
Inspected my Ass the metal ciip what you hookinto the xbox 360 is busted off and was just bouncing around in the box... you could hear something rattling... They just threw this in a cardboard box and didnt even put any packing around it.
[/QUOTE]

Mine also included something loose, but it is a mini gender changer. Changes the end of the VGA cable from male to female.

[quote name='Steelpen2']I just got my Gamer box. Opened box XBox 360 VGA Cable from BB. I already have one of these I am trying to get rid of!!!!!!!

Mine also included something loose, but it is a mini gender changer. Changes the end of the VGA cable from male to female.[/QUOTE]

mine looks like someone cut it/broke off cause you can see the wires

Just got my gamerbox, huge box for the 4lbs and must say im pretty happy.....:lol:

I Got an openbox ps3 intercooler...pretty sweet:applause:

And a brand new halo 3 faceplate and console skin:applause:

I am really going to use both of these so way to go STOOTSI!!!!:bouncy:

[quote name='slidecage']mine looks like someone cut it/broke off cause you can see the wires[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is pretty much worthless. Sorry.

How the fuck do places get away with charging so much for HDMI cables? When they hooked up our new cable, they gave us an HDMI cable for the box. I asked the guy if he had more, so he gave me a handful of them. They can't be that expensive.

I like that there is at least variety in the gamer boxes, but I would be PISSED if they sent me something broken.

[quote name='Access_Denied']How the fuck do places get away with charging so much for HDMI cables? When they hooked up our new cable, they gave us an HDMI cable for the box. I asked the guy if he had more, so he gave me a handful of them. They can't be that expensive.[/quote]
Cables are historically known as mark-up items, generally overpriced and hyped heavily with marketing. You should be checking monoprice.com before buying anywhere else.

any 15 pounders get their box yet? im interested in knowing what others get....im about to put my face plate on my console now

Man, this thread has been so much fun to read. I mean, it really does suck for some people but what did you expect? You'd all pay $5 and get $40 items? Pay $50 and get a 360?

Buying into this means some people score, some people get shit. It's like a raffle or any other gamble.

Fun stuff though. Congrats to the peeps who scored nice cables, intercoolers, faceplates etc.

Many condolences to those with open box s-video and component cables.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Man, this thread has been so much fun to read. I mean, it really does suck for some people but what did you expect? You'd all pay $5 and get $40 items? Pay $50 and get a 360?

Buying into this means some people score, some people get shit. It's like a raffle or any other gamble.

Fun stuff though. Congrats to the peeps who scored nice cables, intercoolers, faceplates etc.

Many condolences to those with open box s-video and component cables.[/quote]

Seriously, thanks for bringing some semblance of sanity back to this thread.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Man, this thread has been so much fun to read. I mean, it really does suck for some people but what did you expect? You'd all pay $5 and get $40 items? Pay $50 and get a 360?

Exactly why I wasn't mad about the platinum box or the gamer box. The fun is seeing what you get and then finding uses for the stuff.

I agree that some people are overreacting with regards to the gamer boxes. Stootsi never said that these items would be new and they listed all the systems that you could get an item for. It seems like some people got good stuff. Although, those who got open box s-video/component cables don't deserve that.

On the other hand, the platinum boxes were a joke. The logic behind these mystery boxes is that the buyer is supposed to receive more value than what they paid for to compensate for the fact that they didn't know what they were buying. In the case of the platinum box, most of the items were rejects and you couldn't make your money back if you tried to the sell it on Ebay.

I purchased from Stootsi once before and bought a brand new PSP Nodus speaker system for $10 (+$5 ship). I think that item is superior to anything received in the platinum boxes and it was only a fifth of the price. You'd think, for a site that sells good items at good prices, they could afford to throw in stuff like that speaker system into the platinum boxes.

i just got my gamer box.

i got the Datel PS3 headset http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8396452&type=product&id=1179877038692, open box

not good, not bad for $10, but i use bluetooth on my PS3, so it's just meh to me.

i was really hoping for composite cables for my Wii, but I'm sure i can sell this to somebody for at least half my money back.

oh..and the box was jacked, too. it was slightly crushed, there was no bubble wrap or other packing material, the tape was cut open one one side (not enough to get at the product), and UPS left it on my doorstep on a rainy day.

I got an opened Nerf Sports Pack.

It was my first time ordering from Stootsi. The 20 PC games and the Gamer Box did nothing for me and I'll never be doing this again.

Oh well. Got the same for the platinum box as everybody else. Time to start the return process. Hopefully my gamer box will bring more joy.

I just received my 4lb Gamer Box this afternoon. Got a Best Buy Return wired Xbox 360 controller that seems to be in in good condition. Worth the 10 bucks as it's something I'll actually use, but after reading the stories on hear, I think I echo the sentiments of a lot of people when I say I won't be participating in any Stootsi mystery box promotions in the future.

A React PS2 wired controller. It'll go in the closet lol.

Wait, one of the analog sticks is broken. Guess I'll take a hammer to it then. fuck Stootsi.

crappy opened messed up looking svideo cable for xbox 360... serious gamer stuff my arse... serious gamers would NEVER use that.

[quote name='auralia']crappy opened messed up looking svideo cable for xbox 360... serious gamer stuff my arse... serious gamers would NEVER use that.[/quote]

lmao! I'm sorry it's just ...That's all I can really do.. The Majority of us GOT OWNED by Stootsi :applause::applause:

Just got my gamer box, and it had a best buy inspected xbox 360 nyko intercooler.

Now I have to buy an xbox 360. Geeezzzzzzz!

GHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO HAHAHAHA LOL LMAO HAHAHA LMAO HAHAHA MY BROTHER's FRIEND GOT A PS2 POWER CHORD FOR HIS GAMER BOX LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO AND I THOUGHT I GOT OWNED BAD.. his was FATALITY!

bread's done
Back