STOOTSI Platinum Medal Gamer Box $50 + 5 shipping!!!

Robman62

CAGiversary!
http://www.stootsi.com/

Its back!!!! it seems to be a rotating deal type of thing
5+5 shipping!!! UPS ground
a mystery box of gaming stuff... I bit on one and hope i get something good, and hey its only 10 bucks, what is that a meal at Micky D's, check it out.
I will post what I get when I receive it.;)

the orders do not ship til 8/11/08, this may be a bummer for some.
they have a bunch of anniversary deals it is about 4th down on the page now

ALSO $0.25 RANDOM PC GAME....NO QUANTITY LIMITS SHIP FOR $5 no matter what!!!!!!

Ok My gamer Box shipped and it weighs 4 pounds.....i wonder whats inside....my 2 wiimotes from stootsi weighed one pound.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 100 PC games did the same.

Us 08/22/2008 2:29 P.m. Billing Information Voided
Us 08/13/2008 1:26 P.m. Billing Information Received

Just received my gamer box and got the refurbed Turtle Beach x3 headphones. I'm pretty happy, will check if it works later.
[quote name='phenommsu']Also does anyone have the return address for the platinum? They have not emailed me back yet.[/quote]
Stootsi.com
2507 Lovi Rd, Bldg 3
Freedom, PA 15042

got a refund on my busted item, said it was a one time thing, if i order from them again and get something else broken there will not be a refund ......

emailed them back asking them if they always package their items so poorly.

[quote name='slidecage']got a refund on my busted item, said it was a one time thing, if i order from them again and get something else broken there will not be a refund ......

emailed them back asking them if they always package their items so poorly.[/quote]

so if you ever order from there again, they send you the item, and its broke you are SOL? Wow, this place sucks! Awesome customer service ther Sucksi....

[quote name='Robman62']anybody get the 15 pounder yet[/quote]
Got mine... it is pretty heavy. Haven't opened it as I'm waiting for a friend.

Reading people on Stootsi's site, I'm actually jealous that I didn't get some of the stuff people got in Gold Boxes. MP3 players and stuff would've been much better than the crap in the platinum box.

[quote name='slidecage']got a refund on my busted item, said it was a one time thing, if i order from them again and get something else broken there will not be a refund ......

emailed them back asking them if they always package their items so poorly.[/QUOTE]

Talk about weak service... Woot's bag of crap is so much better. fuck Shitsi.

[quote name='Vinny']Talk about weak service... Woot's bag of crap is so much better. fuck Shitsi.[/QUOTE]

No they're not. $8 for a busted handbag, shitty headphones, a flying monkey with mishaped arms and those Virgin tube speakers? Hardly.

Any of you who are taking slidecage to be the common user experience and his word as gospel have a hardcore case of company hate you need to get over. Yes, some of the mystery boxes were worthless but that's how these things work. It's like half of this thread has never bought a mystery product in their life and are blaming Stootsi for their unreasonable expectations.

MY 60 pc game order's original tracking # has been voided and a new shipment notification sent. Status currently at good old "billing information received". Also, weight changed from 1 box at 24 lbs, to 1 box at 15 lbs.

[quote name='callmesteam']Got mine... it is pretty heavy. Haven't opened it as I'm waiting for a friend.[/quote]

open it up geeeeez

[quote name='Genocidal']Any of you who are taking slidecage to be the common user experience and his word as gospel have a hardcore case of company hate you need to get over. Yes, some of the mystery boxes were worthless but that's how these things work. It's like half of this thread has never bought a mystery product in their life and are blaming Stootsi for their unreasonable expectations.[/quote]

:applause:

[quote name='biggdog']MY 60 pc game order's original tracking # has been voided and a new shipment notification sent. Status currently at good old "billing information received". Also, weight changed from 1 box at 24 lbs, to 1 box at 15 lbs.[/quote]
Same here.Im thinking of cancelling the order.Dont really want a bunch of crappy PC games taking up space.

[quote name='Genocidal']Any of you who are taking slidecage to be the common user experience and his word as gospel have a hardcore case of company hate you need to get over. Yes, some of the mystery boxes were worthless but that's how these things work. It's like half of this thread has never bought a mystery product in their life and are blaming Stootsi for their unreasonable expectations.[/QUOTE]

I told them to ship me the same thing and i would return the broken on.... YES i have no use for it but I Knew the risk coming in.

Hell i could of gave it to someone for a xmas extra gift... THE POINT Was the item was broken.

I told them they could either give me a refund or just send me a working copy.

The email i got back from then was

THIS ONE TIME WE WILL GIVE YOU A REFUND

noone forced them to give me a refund they could just sent me another cable that wasnt broken. hell I got worse shit from other grab bags.

I would like to order the GH 3 off them but if they always package their crap so poorly there is no way im going to buy it off them..

They threw the cables in just a box that was 5 times bigger then the cable box. IF that is the way they always pack their stuff i know for a fact i will never order from them again. NOw if they were rushed cause all of the orders and they ususally pack the normal stuff better i will give them another try

[quote name='biggdog']MY 60 pc game order's original tracking # has been voided and a new shipment notification sent. Status currently at good old "billing information received". Also, weight changed from 1 box at 24 lbs, to 1 box at 15 lbs.[/QUOTE]

Mine went from 32 pounds to 21 pounds... I ordered this on the 2nd and I'm not all that happy with the prospect of getting 30% less (of something) and waiting this long.

I took up for Stootsi on the PC game thing with the hope that they'd at least maintain the previous level they held with the games they sent out first (for the people that got 40 or less). Now it appears like they've started cutting corners and I don't know what to expect when I do finally get it. What are they doing? Taking games out of the boxes or something? I understand why they'd do it but I don't like the idea of waiting longer for less... I'm not even sweating how good the games are, at this point I just hope I get complete games and not used/broken/salvage type games.

[quote name='KrAzY3']Mine went from 32 pounds to 21 pounds... I ordered this on the 2nd and I'm not all that happy with the prospect of getting 30% less (of something) and waiting this long.

I took up for Stootsi on the PC game thing with the hope that they'd at least maintain the previous level they held with the games they sent out first (for the people that got 40 or less). Now it appears like they've started cutting corners and I don't know what to expect when I do finally get it. What are they doing? Taking games out of the boxes or something? I understand why they'd do it but I don't like the idea of waiting longer for less... I'm not even sweating how good the games are, at this point I just hope I get complete games and not used/broken/salvage type games.[/QUOTE]

Went from 24 to 21, one box went from 9 to 6 pounds, like I said earlier now i'm really curious what they have come up with for this next batch.

Their estimations were wrong. You're not getting any less product than you were going to.
A jewel case doesn't weigh as much as a full cardboard box. I got a mix of both. Civ II had a bunch of discs.

It can vary wildly, especially when you get a shitload and test the limits.

[quote name='Genocidal']Any of you who are taking slidecage to be the common user experience and his word as gospel have a hardcore case of company hate you need to get over. Yes, some of the mystery boxes were worthless but that's how these things work. It's like half of this thread has never bought a mystery product in their life and are blaming Stootsi for their unreasonable expectations.[/quote]

The great thing about buying a mystery box is you have no idea what your gonna get. Everyone pretty much knew they were gonna get one of four things when everyone else started reporting.

Yeah, some people should be huge winners and some should be big losers, but with Stootsi, it seems like no one wins and everyone loses.

[quote name='YOUR BASE']I got my Silver Box, I got a Kensington LiquidFM iPod FM transmitter and Bud-2 earbuds. I have a Zune, so the FM transmitter does me no good and the earbuds sound horrible. I will put the transmitter up on eBay, I will easily make my money back.[/quote]

I got the same in my Silver Box. I guess I could've done worse. I guess the disappointment from my Gamer Box lowered the bar.

Well, my Bronze Box should be here Tuesday.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Well, I got 4 emails with 4 different voided tracking numbers, and then I got one with a valid tracking number. Better be here soon.[/quote]

Same with mine. Let's just hope it gets off of billing information received status this time.

For my Gamerbox, I got...
a USB cable for PSP. Looks like it can charge your PSP too. They gave me two sets of cables for some reason. Not bad, I suppose, I can sell one of the sets and be out less money. I already have a PSP USB cable, but I don't think it has a power plug to charge my PSP. So this isn't TOO bad, I guess... better than video cables. If anyone is interested, PM me, but other wise this second cable is gonna go for tradein at my local Bookman's. Hoping that I get at least five bucks for it.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8362586&type=product&id=1177717628209
Meh. I am a little disgruntled that I knew it didn't cost them 5 dollars to ship such a tiny cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my disappointing envelope, 2 wireless Microsoft Mice, both without the receivers. Odd, but I have a receiver, and they apparently work with it, so not a bad deal for a couple spares.

My disappointing envelope had 2 microsoft wireless optical notebook mice, and 3 recievers. Both mice work but only 1 receiver does. All in all not bad for a buck.

[quote name='nyman']My disappointing envelope had 2 microsoft wireless optical notebook mice, and 3 recievers. Both mice work but only 1 receiver does. All in all not bad for a buck.[/quote]

Lucky, wish I'd gotten a receiver!

[quote name='contej85']Got my disappointing envelope, 2 wireless Microsoft Mice, both without the receivers. Odd, but I have a receiver, and they apparently work with it, so not a bad deal for a couple spares.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I was expecting like... just a drawing.

I got my gold box, it had the 12 in 1 media card reader that i got from stootsi when it was like $6. A 2gb sansa 150c mp3 player, i have the 1gb version which doesn't even have 30 songs on it, and this has a nice refurb stamped on it. And a digicom stereo headset, for all ipod mp3 and mp4 audio players, pink.

I guess thats $30 worth of stuff.

I don't know what's special about that cable, but I paid $2.40 shipped for my cheap ass psp cable, and it works fine.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8693

No I do not work for DX, just want to pass on the real cheap ass deals.

PS: If you havent shop with DX before, beware of the 2-4 WEEKS shipping.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']For my Gamerbox, I got...
a USB cable for PSP. Looks like it can charge your PSP too. They gave me two sets of cables for some reason. Not bad, I suppose, I can sell one of the sets and be out less money. I already have a PSP USB cable, but I don't think it has a power plug to charge my PSP. So this isn't TOO bad, I guess... better than video cables. If anyone is interested, PM me, but other wise this second cable is gonna go for tradein at my local Bookman's. Hoping that I get at least five bucks for it.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8362586&type=product&id=1177717628209
Meh. I am a little disgruntled that I knew it didn't cost them 5 dollars to ship such a tiny cable.[/quote]

[quote name='Asgardian']I don't know what's special about that cable, but I paid $2.40 shipped for my cheap ass psp cable, and it works fine.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8693

No I do not work for DX, just want to pass on the real cheap ass deals.

PS: If you havent shop with DX before, beware of the 2-4 WEEKS shipping.[/QUOTE]

...nothing is special about my cable. I got screwed like most people, but least I got screwed with something semi useful, instead of useless like a s-video cable.
But thanks for the link-- I figured these cables were cheap.

[quote name='Link927']Very odd how they mismatched the number of recievers and mice...[/quote]

At least they're semi-useful, but I have to agree: there should be some sort of consistency if they're doing that, and everyone should at least get one working receiver...

[quote name='rmb']All these dissappointed Cag's:cry:

Next time order the rock with COA.[/QUOTE]

It just makes me wonder if the rock is in fact, an actual "rock". Did anyone buy one?

[quote name='Steelpen2']I got my disappointing envelope, and received 2 Microsoft wireless optical mice and 4 USB receivers. They appear to be used.[/quote]

Same here, except that 2 of my receivers don't work.

[quote name='Steelpen2']It just makes me wonder if the rock is in fact, an actual "rock". Did anyone buy one?[/quote]

Unfortunately it looks like the people that ordered rocks were sent stones instead. Needless to say, a lot of people wont be buying from Stoosi again.

bread's done
Back