Stootsi: Super Nintendo Retro USB PC Controller $14.97 shipped

cranguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
http://www.stootsi.com/

63134219.jpg

Today's Stootsi - For the gaming hardcore The super 16 bit controller features 8 easy to reach buttons in a controller designed to fit the contour of your hands. More buttons allow for greater game control and even more game play excitement than ever before. You will be able to play emulators with an SNES layout controller! 3rd Party, Not original.

• Compatible with Win98/ME/2000/2003/XP/Vista
  • Not Compatible with Vista 64-Bit
  • Plug and Play, no extra drivers needed
  • Cord is approximately 5 ft long
  • The controller is not wireless, there is a cord attached to the top of the controller

What You Get
Today's Stootsi includes:
  • Super Nintendo Retro USB PC Controller Gamepad

Product Specs
  • Compatible with Win98/ME/2000/2003/XP/Vista
  • Not Compatible with Vista 64-Bit
  • Plug and Play, no extra drivers needed
  • Cord is approximately 5 ft long
  • The controller is not wireless, there is a cord attached to the top of the controller

Actually just got one of these in on Saturday; it works really well but it sure feels cheap. Still better than using the 360 controller, though. That just didn't feel authentic.

[quote name='s2k']Looks cool but if your going to use a controller might as well use your xbox 360 controller[/QUOTE]

That's what I do, there's a driver out there that utilizes the rumble, I just can't think of the name off the top of my head, and you can use a program like JoyToKey to emulate mouse, keyboard, dead zones, etc. That's what I used to play through Zeno Clash. To me it just felt better played with a controller.

with no vista x64? this is not for "the gaming hardcore". If anything I agree, use a 360 controller.

I use a Logitech PSX-style controllers for emulation. Same face design as the SNES, but more comfortable and cheaper (we are CAG's you know ;)). I do need to get the Saturn usb controller though. That will make Saturn and Genny games that much better!

The 360 controller has the worst d-pad in history. Worse than the original US Saturn pad. The SNES has one of the best.

[quote name='paintball745']i still will never buy from these people again after the mystery gamer box packaged by "gamers".[/QUOTE]

What, pray tell, was this all about?

Stop with the 360 controller stuff. I'm a HUGE fan for using the 360 controller on PC but for 2d games it is a horrible choice. The D-pad is really really bad on almost all 360 controllers (I have about 8, and oddly my release date wired one seems better but it could be a mental thing). Also, the wireless adaptor is super finicky, I think it needs a ton of power and a lot of motherboards can't supply it (a lot of Nvidia boards in particular seem to have problems, like my Abit 680i board). I think wired 360 controllers are getting harder to find now too.

I do agree that for not a lot more the USB saturn controller or an adaptor with saturn on it may be the best way to go (except not having a select can be wierd sometimes, I just feel odd putting it on a face button) but I have usb adaptors for snes and nes also, but getting a decent one of those can be spendy.

[quote name='Airik']with no vista x64? this is not for "the gaming hardcore". If anything I agree, use a 360 controller.[/QUOTE]

So many "hardcore" peripherals have no Vista 64 support, what gives? I understand that people want plug and play but I really don't mind having to install drivers to make a peripheral work. We all survived the 90's and early 2000's doing just that.

bread's done
Back