storage problems in my 360

El Brujo

CAG Veteran
ok, i have a 20gb hard drive, but im already ruinning out of space, (1.8gb left) , last week i installed final fantasy xi on my 360 and it took like 1/3 of my hard drive, (or even more), THE THING IS : how am i supposed to store movies or programs that i buy on xbxlive if i dont have any space left??? even if i didint have ff xi installed, if i buy 2 hd movies its gonna take 12gb off space, so im thinking about some kind of external hard drive or find a way to transfer those movies/programs to my pc, how is people supposed to buy movies or programs (or games) on xbxlive and still have space left on the hard drive??? i really need to find a solution since there;s a lotta stuff i wanna download/buy from xbxlive,

well i thought those movies were for sale and not for rent..... and yeah i know there is a 120 harddrive, but i was kinda hopping there was a cheaper solution, $175 for 120gb is too expensive ..

[quote name='El Brujo']well i thought those movies were for sale and not for rent..... [/QUOTE]
To be absolutely clear (the elipses make it seem like you don't understand): you thought wrong. Movies are NOT for sale, they are for RENT.

TV shows are a different matter.

delete all those demos and vids taking up space....and remember...anything you buy on live (other than rentals) will ALWAYS be free to re-download later...so if you arent playing a game at the moment with a lot of downloaded content just delete it and download it later if you ever play that game again.....speaking of this i think im going to delete all the halo 2 shit doing nothing on my hard drive

thank you very much mrx1 you saved my life :)

Yep i use windows media center to watch movies/music videos on my 360 (i dont really care about playing mp3s on my 360), as long as i can use the Datel XSata to transfer files to my pc to free space in my HDD i'll be happy

I got the older Datel Xport for about $17 at Best Buy, but embarrassingly haven't used it. With that product, you can't communicate with the 360 like you can with the Xsata, but you can back up files.

xporttl2.jpg

bread's done
Back