Stranglehold 360 at CC for $38 after coupon (posted) ends Sept 8, 2007

ofacto

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
This deal is mentioned in other threads, but I thought its hot enough for its own thread.

Stranglehold for Xbox 360 is onsale at CC this week for $47.99. My CC had stacks of Stranglehold cheat sheets with $10 off coupons for the game. Total price after coupon is $37.99 plus tax.

Someone in my house threw the coupon in the trash, so I had to dig thru the trash in 100 degree heat just to find it. I hope you appreciate it.

I uploaded a high res scan, but you will have to manually adjust the coupon so it prints out to be 3 inches (H) by 4 inches (W).

It says "good for one use only" and "offer not good with any other discounts".

Clearly a YMMV (and not worth it for those of use who'd rather get the Blu-Ray CE version w/Hardboiled).

Nice try OP, hope you used sunscreen. :p

So this is a one time use only coupon? I'll go back to the store and see if they all have the same code or not.

[quote name='OMGpenguin']Now I wonder if $38 is less than CC's unit cost...[/QUOTE]
Probably not.

Did CC get the collector's edition versions? Is the PS3 CE the only one with the movie included?

[quote name='freshzen']Probably not.

Did CC get the collector's edition versions? Is the PS3 CE the only one with the movie included?[/quote]

PS3's CE is the only one with Hardboiled film.

This is a majorly YMMV coupon as the text has 2 potential denials
- not good with any other offer or discount
- original copy only (ouch)

Good luck to all who get away with it!!

Where did the coupon come from in the first place, and does it really print out as big as the imageshack image is?

[quote name='ajh2298']Where did the coupon come from in the first place, and does it really print out as big as the imageshack image is?[/quote]

Came from here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145915

Seems like it does print huge...if you print it at 50% or less than original size should print nicely. There was an issue with these coupons when they were supposed to be released...I'm going to come up with a backstory...bought the movie they didnt have the coupons...called up CS and got the coupon emailed to me...if the give me a hassle.

I opened it in MS Paint and checked out the print preview and it looks like it'll print out at normal size.

Hopefully this coupon will work. $38 bucks is a great deal for this game. Maybe Best Buy will do a pircematch of the ad and coupon as well.

I know I'll be heading to CC tomorrow to give this deal a shot. I'll post back my results to let you all know.

[quote name='freshzen']At $32 off the CE price, I'll take my (probably easy) archivement points and buy the blu-ray film individually :)[/quote]

Just so you know this film is not coming out on blu-ray individually. Rights for distro are owned by Weinstein which is an HD-DVD only company. I'd suggest getting the dvd, but they screwed it up and chopped up the print giving an incorrect aspect ratio along with stretching of the print. Blach, hang on to your criterion releases if you got em.

Too bad this game feels more like a rental to me (plus I'd rather not buy from CC). I wish more deals like this would pop up for new release games. $38 is a great price for a brand new $60 retail game.

So are these out yet at CC? I saw that the ad says available today, but when I went online to check stock it won't tell me since it still says pre-order.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So are these out yet at CC? I saw that the ad says available today, but when I went online to check stock it won't tell me since it still says pre-order.[/quote]
Tuesday by 2pm if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So are these out yet at CC? I saw that the ad says available today, but when I went online to check stock it won't tell me since it still says pre-order.[/quote]

It looks like some stores (Best Buy, circuit City, Wal-Mart) are selling the game early. Im sure its a YMMV thing but there seem to be a good amount of people having success getting the game before the street date.

Ok, I went back to CC and all the coupons have they same code, so it is NOT a one time use only coupon.

Also some CCs are already selling game, but the in the system price has not yet been updated to $47.99 so it rings up at $59.99. This price should be active on Tues since that is when the game is scheduled to be released.

what do u think the chance is of using this coupon to get the price down to 37.99? for that price i will definetly bite but i bet they definetly wont let me use my 15 dollars off a 100 dollar purchase coupon also right?

[quote name='doubledown']Does Best Buy take competitors coupons and PM at the same time? I refuse to buy anything at CC again.[/QUOTE]
If you really hate Circuit city, buy this from them for 38. That is almost certainly less that what they pay for it. What better way to not support a company than by making it lose money?

[quote name='doubledown']Does Best Buy take competitors coupons and PM at the same time? I refuse to buy anything at CC again.[/quote]

Actually, I think BB would match both.
I would buy the game at BB with ad and coupon in hand...then walk directly to the customer service booth for the complete adjustment plus 10%...

I might just try this tomorrow and will report back...

Best Buy will match ANYTHING Circuit City does. They want CC to die so badly. They usually just match stuff that I say without looking the price up or calling CC to check if it's in stock, that's how eager they are for you to not shop at CC.

yeah please do that donut im really curious to see if they are gonna take that extra 10 dollars off im willing to buy it for 38 not much more

[quote name='yukine']Damn, and I wanted the faceplate you get when pre-ordering it at Gamestop, I'd rather get it for $38.00 though.[/QUOTE]

you don't get a faceplate, it's a STICKER that goes on your faceplate.

[quote name='Birakon']you don't get a faceplate, it's a STICKER that goes on your faceplate.[/QUOTE]

That's stupid of them.

I'll be getting the PS3 one myself for Hard Boiled on BRD.

probally trades for $30 at gamestop... cause bioshock only get so much... :(
then add the bonus trade towards preorders... to make it better...

Got it to work today. Only took about an hour(I hate CC with a passion). They had to go in the back to find the box and take one out for me. Went through hoops to get the coupon to work. Manager needed to overide coupon since it will not take. Watching CC employees in action today running around like chickens was pure comedy, the place has problems.

Too bad it was such a hassel for you cag1000. However, I am glad to hear that it worked. I went today and it was not out on the sales floor. One of the clerks checked the back and didnt have it there either. I was planning on heading to CC tomorrow to check and see. Hopefully I will have the same success as you just without as much hassel.

If you get this 10 dollar coupon to work with the game already on sale, then you really lucked out. Their system won't allow it to go through, so 9 times out of 10 you are gonna be outta luck unless you are that lucky one who actually gets a manager to approve this.

Where are the coupons in-store? I went by CC today to see if they had it out already with no luck, and I couldn't find these "cheat sheets" with the coupon in them, either.

[quote name='cag1000']Got it to work today. Only took about an hour(I hate CC with a passion). They had to go in the back to find the box and take one out for me. Went through hoops to get the coupon to work. Manager needed to overide coupon since it will not take. Watching CC employees in action today running around like chickens was pure comedy, the place has problems.[/quote]

How did you get it so early?

Went to Best Buy near my new gym. All they had on shelf was CE. Wanted to pricemacth with CC. Thought it was worth a shot. Clerk didn't even notice the difference. Price match at $47 minus $15 w/reward zone points = $32. Didn't even want the crappy extra disc. but should get a good trade in once I beat it.

[quote name='Malik112099']anyone know what gamestop/eb games/game crazy trade in for this is?[/QUOTE]

Probably around $30-35 at game Crazy and less at GS/EB.

With a 50% trade in bonus, if GS/EB will give even $25 for it I'll probably try to beat it in a week and give it to them, pre-order some good stuff.

Went to Circuit City today & tried to get the $10 coupon to work. they tried to scan it & even type it in. wouldn't work. went to a manager & it was no go.

So i go to walk to Best Buy, & i couldn't find any of the regular editions, guy there is like they are sold out & will get more tomorrow, & all they have is the CE. i asked him if i come w/ the CC ad tomorrow could i pricematch the regular version to 110%. he said they don't do it anymore. so i start to walk out & decide "hey let me just grab the CE & try to pricematch anymore". chick did it w/ no problem. wouldn't take the coupon tho. i got the 10% off tho. so in all i paid $46.81. not bad for a CE that is usually $70 w/ tax

[quote name='oggeenice']Went to Best Buy near my new gym. All they had on shelf was CE. Wanted to pricemacth with CC. Thought it was worth a shot. Clerk didn't even notice the difference. Price match at $47 minus $15 w/reward zone points = $32. Didn't even want the crappy extra disc. but should get a good trade in once I beat it.[/quote] u usually the card to get savings? or u had reward zone certs?

[quote name='kipz']Based on what people are saying, I take it I can assume that the CE is just a regular case?[/quote]

yup..

I went to CC they, were all sold out. CC sucks thats why they all; closed except for 1 in my area used to be 4 or 5. Anyway went to Best Buy They PM ed it. but would not take coupon. :( so still 52.18 better than $65

bread's done
Back