Stranglehold 360 at CC for $38 after coupon (posted) ends Sept 8, 2007

ofacto

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
This deal is mentioned in other threads, but I thought its hot enough for its own thread.

Stranglehold for Xbox 360 is onsale at CC this week for $47.99. My CC had stacks of Stranglehold cheat sheets with $10 off coupons for the game. Total price after coupon is $37.99 plus tax.

Someone in my house threw the coupon in the trash, so I had to dig thru the trash in 100 degree heat just to find it. I hope you appreciate it.

I uploaded a high res scan, but you will have to manually adjust the coupon so it prints out to be 3 inches (H) by 4 inches (W).

Thanks guys. Just picked up Stranglehold tonight. Got it for $41 and change after crazy high Cali sales tax. But it worked like a charm. Got the very first copy of Stranglehold too since they're not suppose to sell it yet but I got it.

[quote name='Jonathan360']Thanks guys. Just picked up Stranglehold tonight. Got it for $41 and change after crazy high Cali sales tax. But it worked like a charm. Got the very first copy of Stranglehold too since they're not suppose to sell it yet but I got it.[/quote]

Any issues using the coupon? I mean...did they have to override, call a manager...etc.

They didn't call a manager because the person who rung me up was the manager! I had them price match all the clearance games I bought previously due to the new discount. So then before I left I asked about Stranglehold, and the guy sold it to me (this was right about closing, so I guess they didn't care that much) So if any overriding was done, I can't tell you. All I can say it did ring-up as $59.99 then I got the $10 off coupon applied. Then they told me the price was like $54 and change, and I said the ad shows it as $47.99 and so a few seconds later, $41 and change and out the door. No questions asked. From what was posted here previously since it's not Tuesday yet, the price in the system is still $59.99. But it was taken care of with no problems here.

The PS3 CE has the game and the movie both on the same disc. If this is anything like how the Street Figheter II Movie was on SF Anniversary (both games and the movie on the same ps2 dvd), I think the movie quality will suffer.

[quote name='panzerjedi']The PS3 CE has the game and the movie both on the same disc. If this is anything like how the Street Figheter II Movie was on SF Anniversary (both games and the movie on the same ps2 dvd), I think the movie quality will suffer.[/QUOTE]

Wow on the same disc? I definitely wouldn't be surprised if its a poor quality blu-ray then. Probably definitely better off buying the DVD or HD DVD and getting in on this deal for sure :)

I'll go in tomorrow after 2pm and try to get this to work :) Hoping they don't even realize Stranglehold is a sale price @ 48 so they let me use the coupon.

[quote name='panzerjedi']The PS3 CE has the game and the movie both on the same disc. If this is anything like how the Street Figheter II Movie was on SF Anniversary (both games and the movie on the same ps2 dvd), I think the movie quality will suffer.[/QUOTE]
except now it is on a blu ray. Most games and movies dont even fill up the whole disc. A single blu ray will easily have more than enough room for the game and movie.

I was successful in getting if for $38 at the Circuit City in Paramus, NJ. The girl who rang it up looked so clueless I think I could have written $10 off on a sticky note and she would have taken it. :roll:

[quote name='kipz']Does a good quality version of "Hard-Boiled" exist though?[/QUOTE]

A new version on DVD just came out recently, which is better than the old versions that were previously available.

New version is definitely superior in audio. The criterion and other version only have a mono track if I'm not mistaken.

I nabbed the 40 dollar Stranglehold today. I was psyched! I am in Western, MA and I went to the one in Springfield. I was really friendly to the cashier and I guess she just felt acommodating.

First she gave me the $10 off of the MSRP. I reminded her that it was on Sale and I was sure at this point she was going to say I could one or the other, but she just grabbed a circular and rang it up. I contained myself until I stepped into the parking lot and exclaimed that Circuit City got pwn3d. Then, I realized I had to go back to my work and I took the long way home to get some mileage bonus money.

I couldn't find these "cheat sheets" anywhere in the store. Anyone have luck with the printed coupon?

Even though CC are a bunch of asses, I think that $37 is a good deal. I'll try to get that during my lunch break today. Hopefully, none of the kids grabbed it since the first day of school is today.

Rang in for the MSRP for me as well.

Just ask them to grab a circular and look at the item and they will mark it down. Just be polite and bring the coupon.

I printed the coupon from this thread after I opened it in MSpaint. It prints out 4x3. Bring one in color to help your case.

The coup rang fine for me once she typed it in.

As I mentioned she had initially just taken 10 off the MSRP until I mentioned the sale.

[quote name='buster90']I signed up for Circuit City's Gamer Club for $20 will I be able to get 10% off the 47.99 sales price?[/quote]

I thought the same thing but the 10% off is only for regular priced merchandise.

I dropped in to a CC and tried to pick the game for $37.99. It was a no go since the coupon didn't work... They started reading the fine print so I just said forget it and walked out.

I then tried to go to BB and price match for the Collector's Edition. I went straight to the clerk that knows me (by name, not sure if that's a good thing...) and he punched in the price but needed manager approval. The manager compared box art and that's when the deal went sour. Oh well, $47.99 for a brand new game ain't bad.

the coupon didnt work for me either. the coupon works for 59.99 price only, but since the game is already discounted it didnt work but 48 bucks isnt bad so i bought it anyway

the gamers thing should work...i dont have my card yet but i do have the coupons that came with the Gamers club and had no problem using that on top of the sale price even though they had to manually do it since the coupon dosent scan properly

the gamers card should work on whatever the advertised price is, otherwise whats the point?...i dont know if it applies for the 2 for $30 deals and stuff like that though

Well, I took it up to the cashier at CC out here and it rang up $49.99 after the coupon. I told her about the ad and she tried to adjust the price. She was 'new' and claimed she needed help. So the guy at the door looks at it and tells me it's either I use the coupon or he could adjust it to $47.99 to match the sale price in the ad. He claimed I couldn't 'stack' them.

Soooooo.... I asked for the manager (since I felt it was hardly 'stacking'). The manager comes over and tells both employees that I'm in the right and that it is $10.00 off the sale price. He adjusts it all to $37.99 before tax and I walk out a happy guy.

This deal is hit or miss because of CC's mis-price in their computer for the game. I'm convinced if it rang up the proper $47.99 in the first place, that the coupon would take and there would be no issues.

If you run into issues.... you can try a manager or come back later in the week when the computer price issue is maybe fixed up.

As always, this site friggin ROCKS!!!!!

I got rejected as well. Game rung up at 59.99 guy was adjusting it, I gave him the coupon, he said it could not be stacked since $47.99 is the sale price...boo!

I swung by my local CC today with Stranglehold and a copy of Brain Age 2. I figured I wanted both games, and well it might look less "fishy" if I had two games. So the cashier (a hot blonde, isn't it always?) takes the two games. She rings them up (while conversing with her friend at the same time, so she was already distracted.) and I hand her the coupon. She takes it, looks at the front for 2 seconds, and scans it.

My total is around $78. I looked at the screen, and saw SH ring up for $59.99. So all they did was take $10 off of $59.99. I said oh the game is actually on sale for $47.99. I show her the ad I had, and she compared the picture to the game, and said "ok, let me adjust that."

She types in some stuff, and the new total is $73. I looked at the screen again, and it had SH ringing up for $47.99 correctly, but no coupon. It turns out they canceled each other out.

So I casually mention that it should be $37.99, and she goes for the coupon again. The only problem is she tossed it in the slot that you put coupons, and well, as luck had it, it was locked.

So she does the "look for a manager dance" (you know where they back away from the register, look around once or twice, and then kind of sigh and continue what they are doing) and then says to her friend:

"I have to go to lunch, take care of this, he has a $10 off coupon and make sure you adjust the price to $47.99. Tell them I authorized it."

So I got SH and Brain Age 2 for $63 out the door. Thanks CAG =)

I printed out the coupon from the link in this thread and it worked fine. The game rung up at $59.99 and I showed the guy the ad for the $47.99 sale price and I showed him the coupon and he manually took another $10 off. I got the game for a little over $40 with tax.

Glad to see there's so much success.

For a bunch of CAG's none of you bothered to learn the ABC's of retail...

You have to find the right person to exploit. And if you cannot find the right person then you need to threaten.

Best Buy would match any CC price. Tell them that and then tell them there's a reason why you choose CC. Then tell them if they don't authorize this then your never coming back. Of course they'll honor it. Their goal is to make you happy!

[quote name='Sixtywatz']Glad to see there's so much success.

For a bunch of CAG's none of you bothered to learn the ABC's of retail...

You have to find the right person to exploit. And if you cannot find the right person then you need to threaten.

Best Buy would match any CC price. Tell them that and then tell them there's a reason why you choose CC. Then tell them if they don't authorize this then your never coming back. Of course they'll honor it. Their goal is to make you happy![/quote]

lol...i find that last part amusing:lol:

[quote name='jmillion']u usually the card to get savings? or u had reward zone certs?[/quote]

I had two certs $5 and $10

I called my CC and they claimed they didnt have it in stock and that their computer system is lsiting it as not yet released. How ridiculous

Anywho, i just priced matched it at BB, but all BB had was the collector's edition so they gave me that for 48$. I'll take the CE for 48!

I am really pissed off what happened tonight...

The CSR will be there to honor the coupon, however, when I went back to get the additional $10 off, she was in the middle of doing something so she had another CSR do the discount. However, she had trouble and the CSR was nowhere to be found. Then, some lady in this "sporty" attire, walked by the counter and that CSR who helped me was asking her for help, and then the bad part came: It's a photocopy of the coupon and she won't honor it. So after of trying to override it because I drove all the way from my place because I was promised I will get the additional $10 off, she shot me down and without causing a scene, I just said fuck it....

I asked her who was that and they told me that she is the Operations Manager. I know I will be complaining about this because:

She was not in a professional attire and looked like she was off the clock telling me she cannot do it.

I probably won't open this game yet until Gamefly releases it (It's on top of my queue) and if it's cheaper than what Circuit City is offering right now to keep it, then I will gladly return this copy because I am dissatisfied on that customer service.

i got shot down today. CSR rep told me i would take the advertised price or the coupon and not both. She stated that the "not eligible for any other offer or discount" applied to the game being on sale.

[quote name='Sixtywatz']You have to find the right person to exploit. And if you cannot find the right person then you need to threaten.[/QUOTE]

I LOL'd.

It's all about being cheap and exploiting the system my friends.

Just the other day I went target on the move in Day of a BIG University. I found the most laid back (I hate my job employee) and brought up a 50 dollar microwave. Target gives it's ringers the power to change prices. The Microwave rang up and then I told him it was on sale for 30. Without asking anyone he just changed the price. He didn't feel like going through the motions and his fuck the world attitude gave me the slick savings of 30 dollars.

That's smart shopping

[quote name='Sixtywatz']It's all about being cheap and exploiting the system my friends.

Just the other day I went target on the move in Day of a BIG University. I found the most laid back (I hate my job employee) and brought up a 50 dollar microwave. Target gives it's ringers the power to change prices. The Microwave rang up and then I told him it was on sale for 30. Without asking anyone he just changed the price. He didn't feel like going through the motions and his fuck the world attitude gave me the slick savings of 30 dollars.

That's smart shopping[/quote]

well that is just blatant lying...and the majority of people here would frown upon this

[quote name='Sixtywatz']It's all about being cheap and exploiting the system my friends.

That's smart shopping[/QUOTE]

thats not the CAG way

How is that not the "CAG Way"

I constantly am finding deals in these forums about YMMV. If you know something is YMMV and you are trying to find a store that honors things differently than what the CORPORATE POLICY is, then you are exploiting this business. You are exploiting this business just as badly as I exploit target

There is no difference exploitation still results in the same way for the business. They still lose profit due to a mistake. These conglomerates deserve to be exploited. We are in an economic system that falls to Globalism and Neoliberalism. I am just enacting some redistributive justice that should be welcomed in a world where we are posting to make superficial items fall into the hands of all consumers.

Coupon worked for me! It rang up for 47.99, coupon took $10 off no questions asked. I had a $10 gift card, so I ended up getting it for 27.99+tax!

I wasn't going to get this game until later, but it'll be months before it hits that price new. Thanks, CAG!

[quote name='Sixtywatz']How is that not the "CAG Way"

I constantly am finding deals in these forums about YMMV. If you know something is YMMV and you are trying to find a store that honors things differently than what the CORPORATE POLICY is, then you are exploiting this business. You are exploiting this business just as badly as I exploit target

There is no difference exploitation still results in the same way for the business. They still lose profit due to a mistake. These conglomerates deserve to be exploited. We are in an economic system that falls to Globalism and Neoliberalism. I am just enacting some redistributive justice that should be welcomed in a world where we are posting to make superficial items fall into the hands of all consumers.[/QUOTE]

what the hell are you talking about? using a $10 off coupon from in the store on their sale priced 47.99 game is doing what is advertised. lying to a lazy cashier and purposely telling him an incorrect price is stealing !!!

go away....

[quote name='soonerdoc']what the hell are you talking about? using a $10 off coupon from in the store on their sale priced 47.99 game is doing what is advertised. lying to a lazy cashier and purposely telling him an incorrect price is stealing !!!

go away....[/QUOTE]

sec'd that

That was basically stealing. You flatout lied to the guy. It wasn't priced wrong on the shelf and it wasn't on sale.

bread's done
Back