Stranglehold Collectors Edition (PS3) - $29.99 at Amazon.com

I bit. Did it pretty much for the movie since I've never seen it. The game is a nice bonus though.

Thanks for the link.

this price is going to be a temporary sale price at gamestop soon...cant remeber when tho, just keep watching their website/calling their store for details

[quote name='mykevermin']List it as "Blu-Ray Hard Boiled W/ Free Game" in the topic.

It'll get more attention that way. ;)[/quote]

Too bad most people who have seen it say that the Hard Boiled encode on the disc sucks, and AFAIK it isn't playable on anything but a PS3. Otherwise I'd be all over this deal. As it stands, this is worth about $9.99 to me.

[quote name='CheapBastardToo']Too bad most people who have seen it say that the Hard Boiled encode on the disc sucks, and AFAIK it isn't playable on anything but a PS3. Otherwise I'd be all over this deal. As it stands, this is worth about $9.99 to me.[/quote]

It should be playable on any Blu-ray player, but the movie itself is supposed to be 480i, I believe (it's just on a Blu-ray disc). Probably looks like any other upscaled DVD on the PS3.

Just so everybody knows in case it may be the reason why you want to jump on this. Yes, Hard Boiled is on the disc. No, its NOT a real Blu-Ray movie. And no, you can NOT seek at all when watching the movie. Meaning, you cannot rewind or fast-forward. You can only skip chapters.

I'd rather buy this game when it gets a bit cheaper ($20 max) and wait for an actual Blu-Ray release of Hard Boiled.

The game is a blu-ray disc of course, but imo the movie is not of blu-ray quality. I actually watched the whole movie and played the game for about 20 minutes. Haven't touched it since then.

[quote name='VWarrior']Yes, Hard Boiled is on the disc. No, its NOT a real Blu-Ray movie. And no, you can NOT seek at all when watching the movie. Meaning, you cannot rewind or fast-forward. You can only skip chapters.[/quote]Just so people know exactly what they're getting.

[quote name='CheapBastardToo']Too bad most people who have seen it say that the Hard Boiled encode on the disc sucks, and AFAIK it isn't playable on anything but a PS3. Otherwise I'd be all over this deal. As it stands, this is worth about $9.99 to me.[/QUOTE]

It's an *okay* transfer, but by no means up to BD standards. It's only playable on PS3, as you've said.

The game itself isn't bad by any means, but it's very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very repetitive (that's my impression of the game itself right there). Fun to pick up and play, and a good selection at $20 (with the movie, of course, and not the regular edition). $30 is still iffy, IMO.

I paid about $30 for it a few months back (stacking some coupons & getting it used at GS) and I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Much more than I thought I would, actually. My main complaint with the movie is that the subtitles are TINY. As in, nearly impossible to read tiny. So it kinda makes the original language option pointless.

Hey thanks, I jumped on this deal. I loved the demo. If the game is anything like that I know I'mma enjoy it. Was hoping for 20 dollars but can't be too cheap. It's CE too so that adds some value.

I really want this, but I feel like it's going to drop even more. I loved the demo, and was very tempted to buy it when it first came out.

I'm actually pretty shocked that it didn't fly off the shelves or anything when it hit $49.99. It seemed like that would be a pretty good price point for a lot of people. The fact that it's hit $29.99 is pretty astounding.

It's the same price at gamestop right now.

and that includes the regular and collectors editions, on both the 360 and ps3.

this looks like one of those max payne, dead to rights games, I didn't like those too much so hoping this will drop even more

[quote name='United_Korea']damn, i paid $40 for it in early Feb.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Amazon has a 30 day price gaurentee. You can contact them and have them refund you the difference. I've done it a few times before. Finding the "Contact Customer Service" button is the hardest part. Fill out the e-mail form and done.

Assuming you bought it at Amazon...

[quote name='miriamleo']Anyone know if the movie on the collector edition playable on a Japanese or Asian PS3?[/quote]

The movie plays as sort of a bonus in the game, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

bread's done
Back