Strategy First - SFI Super Bundle - 29 games for $9.99 + Charity

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Strategy First is offering their SFI Super Bundle for $9.99.

Enter coupon code SUPERSALE at checkout for the discount.

For the entire month of October, 50% of all sales will go to the
Breast Cancer Research Foundation charity.

The following 29 games are included in bundle:

• 9th Company
  • Alliance Future Combat
  • Ascension to the Throne
  • Battle Of Europe
  • BC Kings
  • Desert Gunner
  • Disciples II: Gallean's Return
  • Disciples II: Rise Of The Elves Gold
  • Emergency III
  • Enemy Engaged
  • Fireburst
  • Fleet Command
  • GI Combat
  • GODS: Lands of Infinity Special Edition
  • Iron Warriors
  • Ironclads High Seas
  • Jagged Alliance 2: Gold Pack
  • Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
  • O.R.B.: Off-World Resource Base
  • Panzer Killer
  • Perimeter 2 New Earth
  • Sacred Gold
  • Sentinel 3
  • Space Empires IV Deluxe
  • Space Empires: Star Fury
  • Steel Fury Kharkov 1942
  • Sub Command
  • Ubersoldier 2
  • Victorian Admirals Marianas Incident 1887
Keep in mind that in my experience SFI downloads expire so you should download all
your games promptly and back them up. From the bundle page:

This game is a digital download, you will be given a link to download the game
immediately after purchase. You can add a disc backup that will be mailed to you
as an option at checkout for $9.95 USD with free shipping worldwide.

As far as I know, NONE of these will activate on Steam (or any other DD service).

Also note that Amazon may have its own SF bundle soon, that one with Steam codes.
See the Amazon thread for more updates.

[customspoiler="SFI SUPER BUNDLE"]
398f579893ba453cb928f7cd760db715.jpg

[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wonder if they Ninja'd amazon on purpose![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's the case.

But then I'm not sure if the Amazon SFI bundle will ever materialize...

[quote name='seamoss']I'm pretty sure that's the case.

But then I'm not sure if the Amazon SFI bundle will ever materialize...[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. Pretty shitty if they just took Tony's idea and kept it for themselves.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wonder if they Ninja'd amazon on purpose! Expiring DLs and no Steam means a pass for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='seamoss']I'm pretty sure that's the case.

But then I'm not sure if the Amazon SFI bundle will ever materialize...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm wondering the same thing. Pretty shitty if they just took Tony's idea and kept it for themselves.[/QUOTE]

I just fired off a "uhhh hey guys, what is this?" email. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

Wow. Who cares about expiration when there is an actual physical version available? Backup CD option makes this a must-buy unless there is DRM.

[quote name='Gamelore']Wow. Who cares about expiration when there is an actual physical version available? Backup CD option makes this a must-buy unless there is DRM.[/QUOTE]

Well, for one thing, it adds $10 more to the total, making it ~$20 for both the download
and physical versions. Might still be worth it if you want most of the games...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I just fired off a "uhhh hey guys, what is this?" email. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wow, hope they didn't do that.

[quote name='seamoss']Well, for one thing, it adds $10 more to the total, making it ~$20 for both the download
and physical versions. Might still be worth it if you want most of the games...[/QUOTE]

^^^Yup.

[quote name='vince_carter']Hell of a deal. Might have to bite. What are the highlights of this bundle?[/QUOTE]

Tony being ninja'ed by his own idea.

As far as game highlights:
Emergency III is supposed to be a decent disaster sim.
Disciples, but they were in IG already.
Jagged Alliance 2 - Supposed to be a pretty good strategy game.
Ubersoldier 2 - another bundle repeat, supernatural FPS.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I just fired off a "uhhh hey guys, what is this?" email. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh snap!

For anyone remotely interested in this, keep in mind you only have 5 download attempts. After that, you have to contact support to get your link reactivated. According to them, the link doesn't expire.

http://i.imgur.com/MH4Ii.png

I would NEVER support something like this, I hate when links have a limited number of download attempts.

[quote name='sunghost']For anyone remotely interested in this, keep in mind you only have 5 download attempts. After that, you have to contact support to get your link reactivated. According to them, the link doesn't expire.

http://i.imgur.com/MH4Ii.png

I would NEVER support something like this, I hate when links have a limited number of download attempts.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware of this when I bought a bundle from them a couple of years ago. I waited too long before downloading my games and the links had actually expired.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']As far as game highlights:
Emergency III is supposed to be a decent disaster sim.
Disciples, but they were in IG already.
Jagged Alliance 2 - Supposed to be a pretty good strategy game.
Ubersoldier 2 - another bundle repeat, supernatural FPS.[/QUOTE]
Sacred Gold - Diablo-genre ARPG, well regarded

Fortunately I already own Disciples II (IG/GMG), JA2:Gold, & Sacred Gold (IG), so I am free of temptation.

If I were tempted, I would certainly wait to hear from Tony how Strategy First is conducting bidness.

Super interested in this since I've been thinking about getting Sacred Gold anyway, but I want to hear how things are working with Tony first as I'd rather get it from Amazon/with keys.

Strategy First website is not the best to get your games: you have to download a downloader for each game to then download all the files for each one.

Apart from that, it is downloading incredibly slow at least for me (just 10 Kb atm).

Anyway, just for $9.99 with, keep this in mind, 5 bucks for charity is a no brainer for me, specially for so many good games.

I'll try tomorrow to see if it is a bit faster ;-)

Agreed this is a crap deal with no Steam keys and too many limitations and strings attached.

Still waiting on the Amazon SF (and 1C too!) deals but wondering if we will ever get them now. :whistle2:(

Well, it is not that bad since once you have downloaded everything (I hope it won't take me more than a couple evenings :whistle2:D), simply have to store all the files in a DVD or external HD for any future needs.

Again, not the best way to work, but way too good deal to miss for me.

You actually can't add a backup CD for $9.95 for bundles. There is no option to do it. It's only an option for single games.

Oh well.

[quote name='Gamelore']You actually can't add a backup CD for $9.95 for bundles. There is no option to do it. It's only an option for single games.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

lol... epic fail. 9.99 bundle... $300 back up. Can probably get all those games shipped to you on amazon for less.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Tony,

Will the Amazon Strategy First Bundle be comparable [or better] to the current bundle offered by SF ? I know you also said it would be a mix of STEAM and DRM free titles.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329886

If so, I'm more than happy to wait for the Amazon deal; just like I waited for the $10 BF3 deal through Amazon.

Keep up the good work! :applause:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']When I called them they let me know I could run that same bundle whenever I want. I'm just waiting for Steam keys.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It looks like Tony will be offering this same bundle, so unless the 50% to charity angle is more important to you than having the ability to download/redownload whenever and with some steam keys, I'd wait for it to show up on Amazon. Also there is the undertone of underhandedness in the perceived hijacking of Tony's SF bundle.

There is no hijacking! Come on! I adore Amazon and Tony's work, but Strategy First offered a couple years ago a similar bundle (that is still available at their website), for also $9.99 and I bought it. GamersGate also offered a similar deal (in fact with more games).

If Amazon does finally release the bundle I will buy it again from them, but probably some games will be different and, for this price, I don't think you can't regret getting this one as well ;-)

Edit: FYI all the games make a total of 22.5 GiB for all 29, maybe that's the reason why no backup CD/DVD is offered ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back