street fighter 4 arcade?

misterine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Has any CAGS found a machine?

i found one :D if you live in NYC go to chinatown at chinatown arcade.. it smells like BO and it's 1 dollar to play street fighter 4.. and you have a buncha people lookin at you play like.. ALOT of people.. like 10+

I can confirm there is no SF4 in any of the boardwalk arcades in Seaside Park, NJ as well as Barnacle Bill's Arcade in Ortley Beach, NJ. I was there earlier today.

In fact, they have practically nothing of interest anymore...

[quote name='laj22us']Played the game down in Walnut, CA earlier this week :D. $.75 cents to play. Great game, was really easy for me to step in and kick some behind (old SF2 fan)

Super Arcade
1211 N. Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91748

Check the link below.... (from a website posted on the CAG arcade stick thread -by Markman? )

http://sdtekken.com/2008/08/12/first-street-fighter-iv-machine-in-the-us/[/QUOTE]

.75 a game?! Ouch! Play to win in full effect when I finally find a machine. Good thing I'm older and much taller, so no more worries about being cut for using "cheap" moves.

Anybody know where to find one in the Chicagoland area? All the arcades that I know about only have Tekken 5 and mostly old ass games from years ago.

pics or it didn't happen :p

Take pictures or a video man, I'd love to see the machine

Whoa in Walnut? is that arcade by Mt. Sac? I'd surely go check it out if it's anywhere by there

It's the arcade across the street from Mt. Sac, across from the gas station/jack in the box. Same plaza.

It's been there for weeks now! lol

[quote name='laj22us']Played the game down in Walnut, CA earlier this week :D. $.75 cents to play. Great game, was really easy for me to step in and kick some behind (old SF2 fan)

Super Arcade
1211 N. Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91748

Check the link below.... (from a website posted on the CAG arcade stick thread -by Markman? )

http://sdtekken.com/2008/08/12/first-street-fighter-iv-machine-in-the-us/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MarkMan']Arcade Infinity just got it on some beautiful 42 inch Toshiba TVs.. $1 per play.

Get em SOCAL![/QUOTE]

God i love living in rowland heights. Its like gamers heaven right here. Although its pretty much chinatown now (im mexican) you got the best arcades near and frank n sons. Its like impossible to not get all nerdy living here.

[quote name='MarkMan']Arcade Infinity just got it on some beautiful 42 inch Toshiba TVs.. $1 per play.

Get em SOCAL![/QUOTE]damg I wanna go... I miss living close to there :cry:

theyre having a SFIV tournament today at FFA, something before ranbats start on sept 20

Just to give everyone the heads up. Family Amusement Arcade will have the st fighter 4 this friday.
876 N Vermont Ave
Los Angeles Ca 90029

Family Amusement Has been packed and they have the dedicated version. The game rocks and they have good players there.

Played it at University Pinball in Philly. Actually went down two times to play it (I'm from the area, but right now I actually am at college in Central PA).

Great, great game. Can't wait for the console version.

There's a machine here in Austin at the new Arcade UFO. Dollar per play, yeesh!

I went down there on opening day, and the game is a ton 'o fun.

There's one at the school I go to (San Jose State). They actually have 4 cabinets and it's 75 cents to play.

They held a tournament for it a couple of weeks ago.

[quote name='TheRock88']There's one at the school I go to (San Jose State). They actually have 4 cabinets and it's 75 cents to play.

They held a tournament for it a couple of weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

SJSU Bowling Center doesn't have 4 anymore. The extra 2 they had there were being babysat until they went to their final destination (I heard another UC/CSU in SoCal).

They still have the two cabs and it's still .75 a pop.

[quote name='asianxcore']SJSU Bowling Center doesn't have 4 anymore. The extra 2 they had there were being babysat until they went to their final destination (I heard another UC/CSU in SoCal).

They still have the two cabs and it's still .75 a pop.[/quote]

:cry:

At least they still got the other two.

Are all the machines suppose to have only 1 set of controls per cabinet? I'd imagine they'd make more $ if they had two sets of controls and it would reduce the waiting time.

[quote name='TheRock88']:cry:

At least they still got the other two.

Are all the machines suppose to have only 1 set of controls per cabinet? I'd imagine they'd make more $ if they had two sets of controls and it would reduce the waiting time.[/QUOTE]

They are set up "head to head" style cabinets. It's common in a lot of fighting-game heavy arcades in the U.S and very common in Japan. It gives each player more space to play and obviously avoids "hearing" certain moves being attempted/coming out (Ex. CVS2 Blanka Roll Cancel Elec.)

The waiting time isn't too bad on SFIV because of the instant challenge/wi-fi. The machines are both linked to each other, so whether you want to or not the machines automatically challenge any open players. Even if you are in Arcade Mode messing around, you are open bait. It's nice since it keeps people rotating, rewards the streaks and makes it so people actually play smarter (since they have to play whoever is there automatically).

I'm sure they are fine on money with SFIV at SJSU. Seeing that anyone in the South Bay would rather go there then drive out to SFSU (where the another set of machines are @ Rack N' Cue) and likewise.

[quote name='J_Talbain']2 machines linked to each other at coinz on the UCLA campus[/QUOTE]

Least we know where the extra 2 cabs from SJSU went :)

saw some guy win 20 straight last week and it booted him off lol. I guess 20 is the max before you gotta rotate if you can get there. I cant even win 1 so lol

[quote name='sleepy180']saw some guy win 20 straight last week and it booted him off lol. I guess 20 is the max before you gotta rotate if you can get there. I cant even win 1 so lol[/QUOTE]

you can change the amount of wins before you get booted in the options

ctf had it at 7 i think when it first came out, pretty ridiculous

I got to play at Narrows Bowling Alley in Tacoma, WA. Nobody was there. Freaking $1.00 to play. They are running tournaments too, thought about signing up for the hell of it.

bread's done
Back