Street Fighter 4 IV SE FightStick 360 & PS3 $99.99 In-stock japanvideogames.com

Just wait. Seriously playing with the controller for just a few weeks longer until the restocking happens is your best bet.

MadCatz really should've seen this demand coming. Making an item on demand "limited availability" is so stupid when they could be making so much margin on it. What's going to end up happening is the people that want sticks but can't afford the scalped prices will eventually get bored of Street Fighter and won't want a stick even when the prices come down/new stock hits shelves.

Oh well, leave it to MadCatz to completely face plant themselves when they have an opportunity to do something right for once.

I got all the friggin arcade sticks i need, 2 SE, 3 TE, 1 Tekken 5 stick, 1 dreamcast stick, 1 tatsunoko vs capcom wii stick. Never paid more than retial for any of the SFIV sticks.

[quote name='NamelessMC']Just wait. Seriously playing with the controller for just a few weeks longer until the restocking happens is your best bet.

MadCatz really should've seen this demand coming. Making an item on demand "limited availability" is so stupid when they could be making so much margin on it. What's going to end up happening is the people that want sticks but can't afford the scalped prices will eventually get bored of Street Fighter and won't want a stick even when the prices come down/new stock hits shelves.

Oh well, leave it to MadCatz to completely face plant themselves when they have an opportunity to do something right for once.[/quote]

Madcatz should have seen demand coming for a high priced niche accessory during a downturn in the global economy?

[quote name='anubis20']I got all the friggin arcade sticks i need, 2 SE, 3 TE, 1 Tekken 5 stick, 1 dreamcast stick, 1 tatsunoko vs capcom wii stick. Never paid more than retial for any of the SFIV sticks.[/quote]

here you go :applause:

[quote name='paddlefoot']Madcatz should have seen demand coming for a high priced niche accessory during a downturn in the global economy?[/quote]

Every single website and B&M store filled their pre-orders. Even on limited run pre-orders, filling them all is pretty rare to do unless it's a niche atlus game. Not only the TE sticks, but the $70 sticks AND pads were selling out, especially once SF4 finally released.

This was easily a month or so before the sticks even shipped. I can see your point though, demand for a $150 stick was surprising to me.

I remember thinking to myself while eyeballing the Akuma fightpad on Amazon, "That would be pretty sweet if it were $30 instead of $40." MadCatz sure showed me.

[quote name='Xiemos']Every single website and B&M store filled their pre-orders. Even on limited run pre-orders, filling them all is pretty rare to do unless it's a niche atlus game. Not only the TE sticks, but the $70 sticks AND pads were selling out, especially once SF4 finally released.

This was easily a month or so before the sticks even shipped. I can see your point though, demand for a $150 stick was surprising to me.[/quote]

Madcatz didn't know what do when they found out they actually made a product consumers demanded.

The one thing they could have done better was communicating their inability to meet the initial demand. They haven't given any details other than late April. The April banner appearing over the sticks on the Madcatz site disappeared a few days ago. Madcatz didn't have any goodwill with the type of gamers interested in these sticks to start. Their handling of the situation will probably alienate many gamers.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Madcatz should have seen demand coming for a high priced niche accessory during a downturn in the global economy?[/QUOTE]

Like Xiemos said, they were sold out as early as a month before the game launched and even then they didn't start putting out more orders. They just kind of sat there with a dumbfound look on their face and have remained tight lipped about it.

Here's a tip MadCatz: When you have a demand this bad on an accessory, you don't just stay quiet and keep people guessing, you give them ANY information you can to keep them interested.

This has by far been the worst session of decisions from corporations and people wonder why the recession is this bad? Who's willing to spend money when they're treated like this by the people they used to buy from?

Companies treat their customers like garbage and wonder why they don't want to spend money?

One guy from our forum sent in his Special Edition stick and after a month has yet to even hear back from them on the status of its repairs. Other people paid in full for a pre-order a month before the stick came out and didn't get it. The worst part is, those same people who paid in full don't get their sticks, yet the companies they pre-ordered from happen to get "new sticks" on the shelf at random times so people can pick them up off the shelf in a B&M store. That's COMPLETELY unacceptable.

I don't care how far it has to ship. If there's a stick available and you have pre-orders that need to be filled, you send it to them.

Writing this very post makes me want to stop holding my money out to buy a stick off them. I had nothing but disdain for MadCatz as a company for a while now, then these sticks come out, I become impressed with MadCatz's product but it's harder to get a hold of one of them than it was to get a Wii at launch and they expect my business? I guess I'll just go with Hori, I don't care how hard it is to mod. Back to boycotting MadCatz products; Only, this time it's not for their piss poor quality and assurance, but for their piss poor customer assurance.

bread's done
Back