Street Fighter Alpha 3 Deals?

nicholas01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Looking for good version of Street Fighter Alpha 3, on the cheap. Is that new compilation pack any good, or should I hunt down a PS1 version (but I'd have to get a PS1 mem-card) or a GBA cart?

Better yet, should I just wait for the Xbox Live Street Fighter 2 later this week?

Get the PS2 Anthology version. That is arcade perfect and it has Hyper Street Fighter Alpha, which allows you to fight as the differant alpha versions of characters.

Hell no. For Street Fighter 2 pick up the Street Fighter Anniversary Edition which comes with both 2 and 3 and then just pick up Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. Both are extremely well done sets and will not disappoint. Alpha Anthology comes with each Alpha game (i.e. Alpha 1, 2, 2 Gold, and 3) and Pocket Gem Figher, and some extras..

I guess the question is, then, that I remember SFA3 on the PS1 having some extra console-y stuff. Does the anthology maintain this, or does it lose some fluff at the expense of being arcade perfect?

Thanks!

The extra "consoley stuff" you're probably referring to is World Tour mode. This is NOT in Street Fighter Alpha Anthology.

However, it does include the characters introduced in the PS1/DC versions, namely Guile, T. Hawk, DeeJay and Fei Long. It does NOT include the characters from the GBA version of SFA3 Upper, meaning Yun, Eagle and Maki. It also does not include the PSP specific character of Ingrid. However one interesting plus in Anthology's favor is that it has a mode where you can use just about any -ism or version of a character no matter what game it originated in.

Skip both the PS1 and GBA versions. The PS1 and DC versions are notorious for being inaccurate compared to the arcade version. The GBA version is missing most sound samples for the characters, severely reduced resolution and a lot of missing frames (but still impressive for a GBA title).

The PSP and PS2 versions are the best bet for your money. Interestingly, the PSP version does have World Tour mode. If you seriously have the cash, some purists still think the Sega Saturn version is the best, although that's import only, and rare, and runs around $100+. If you like to play on the go, try the PSP version, but be wary of the directional pad. If you like to play in front of a TV and with other people, get the PS2 version.

[quote name='espy605']The extra "consoley stuff" you're probably referring to is World Tour mode. This is NOT in Street Fighter Alpha Anthology.

However, it does include the characters introduced in the PS1/DC versions, namely Guile, T. Hawk, DeeJay and Fei Long. It does NOT include the characters from the GBA version of SFA3 Upper, meaning Yun, Eagle and Maki. It also does not include the PSP specific character of Ingrid. However one interesting plus in Anthology's favor is that it has a mode where you can use just about any -ism or version of a character no matter what game it originated in.

Skip both the PS1 and GBA versions. The PS1 and DC versions are notorious for being inaccurate compared to the arcade version. The GBA version is missing most sound samples for the characters, severely reduced resolution and a lot of missing frames (but still impressive for a GBA title).

The PSP and PS2 versions are the best bet for your money. Interestingly, the PSP version does have World Tour mode. If you seriously have the cash, some purists still think the Sega Saturn version is the best, although that's import only, and rare, and runs around $100+. If you like to play on the go, try the PSP version, but be wary of the directional pad. If you like to play in front of a TV and with other people, get the PS2 version.[/quote]
It's always nice to see a guy who knows his Street Fighter.:D

bread's done
Back