Street Fighter IV (360-Used) $.99 at Best Buy

Saw this in the preowned bestbuy thread already , but thanks. And no you do not need a online pass , capcom doesn't do them (i think)

I definitely want to pick this up. Unfortunately hurricane Sandy is going to keep me from getting out of my apartment until Wednesday probably.

Would be worth it if it was still available online with free shipping. Being the original and not Super makes it not worth the gas it would cost to go pick it up.

Tried ordering one for an OEM purchase over the phone since the closet store to me that has one is 1 and 1/2 hour one way drive. Both Best Buy's premier silver hotline and 1-800-Best-Buy were unable to help me out. I'll try to do one in store but not really counting on it to go through.

Remember, if there's less than three it won't show as available for in store pickup on their website. Show up around opening to see it your local store has any.

[quote name='angelfly']Would be worth it if it was still available online with free shipping. Being the original and not Super makes it not worth the gas it would cost to go pick it up.[/QUOTE]
Why is that might I ask? I haven't played a Street Fighter game since Street Figher II in the arcade years ago.

[quote name='Bosamba']
Why is that might I ask? I haven't played a Street Fighter game since Street Figher II in the arcade years ago.[/QUOTE]
Super has 10 new characters, new modes, and balance changes. And the best change IMO is that all 35 characters are available from the start as opposed to having to be unlocked like in the original.

And if you're upgrading to Super Street Fighter 4, you might as well bite the bullet and upgrade to Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, which has 4 new characters and... a replay channel. Capcom really looks out for their fans.

But since SF4 is only a buck, you'd probably enjoy it more than blowing $16 on a game you don't even know you'll like.

[quote name='mossfan563']Can't get it for in-store pickup in NY...*sighs* Guess I'll check if they have it in store on Wednesday or Thursday at that price.[/QUOTE]

They are all gone, the store locater says none are left :(

No, there is no online pass, so if you really wanted to, you could play it online, however this is a severely outdated/inferior version that no one plays anymore so I would be surprised if you could even find anyone on it. Fine purchase if you are one of those people that don't really play fighters often and just mash buttons since you probably won't care or even notice the differences between this and the last version.

I don't play fighters either, but for that price I'm tempted to swing by my BB and check since it's on the way home. Thanks, OP.

Had it since day one. This game is easily worth $5 at gamestop. If you have not played street fighter in some time and want to see what the new ones are all about, I suggest getting a copy. This was pre online pass days so online play is free. So far Capcom has not started that for fighting games yet as far as I know. Ono might be trolling here though so I don't want to jinx that. LOL (A lot of gamers say he is a troll but he is a great producer) Anyways This game has tons of replay value like unlocking animated stories, artwork etc. If you are even slightly interested I say get it and grab a buddy, go online though it will be hard to find players.(although it looks like there will be some CAGS online now) You will have hours of fun. Even solo is fun. I would argue that it is the best current gen fighting game under $5:boxing: + the Indestuctible theme song alone is worth the price of admission.
Here are the gamestop links for x360 and PS3
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/street-fighter-iv/71572
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/street-fighter-iv/71574

Thanks OP

[quote name='Organ Donor']I definitely want to pick this up. Unfortunately hurricane Sandy is going to keep me from getting out of my apartment until Wednesday probably.[/QUOTE]

Same here, haven't gotten hit yet. And game says sold out online.

I was able to order one for store pickup near me. I figure what the hell it's a buck and it'll go nicely with the Tekken 6 fight stick & Soul Calibur 5 bundle I'm going to put up on eBay.

I picked up a copy. I am not good at fighters, nor have I ever owned a SF game. My hope is that there is a "super, idiot friendly" difficulty, so I can play through it easily, and without too much headache.

[quote name='mossfan563']Can't get it for in-store pickup in NY...*sighs* Guess I'll check if they have it in store on Wednesday or Thursday at that price.[/QUOTE]

There was a copy or two hidden around at Rego Park when I was browsing last week. Call before you go if you are going to make a trip.

Just pick Sagat in SF4 (Vanilla Edition) and you'll be fine.

It's a solid game with flaws that were fixed in Super, but 99 cents doesn't even buy a Cliff Bar.

Dead. It's gone back up to what it was first posted as of Sunday morning, $7.99. Chalk this up as one of those Bestbuy.com screwups that we've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm an idiot. I could have ordered it with in store pickup this morning but figured I would just pick it up after work tomorrow. Damn.

ordered it for store pick up last night received a email this morning saying they cant find it so i had to go into bestbuy today anyways i decided to see if they had it and what do you know they do the "supervisor" supposedly couldnt find it. i took it up to cs and got it all sorted out but just makes me think they didnt want to sell it to me cause it was 89 cents

I managed to get one for my fiancee this morning with in-store pickup. Game was complete with box and manual too. Pleasantly surprised how smooth it all went.

picked mine up today, but they actually gave me the Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition! If I trade it in I can get $16...basically 1600% return on investment, lol

I ordered one for in store pick up this morning but got the "not found in store email". Does it ever do any good to call or should I just wait for my refund?

I did an in store pick-up with my Assassin's Creed 3 pre-order. I didn't even notice until I was half way home that they gave me the Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition brand new. Score!

[quote name='ckc4043']Can I play online with sf4 Acarde editon if I am playing super sf 4 or normal sf4?[/QUOTE]

SSFIV AE vs SSFIV - Works but new characters are disabled and the SSFIV character balances are used.

SFIV vs SSFIV/AE - No go

[quote name='angelfly']SSFIV AE vs SSFIV - Works but new characters are disabled and the SSFIV character balances are used.

SFIV vs SSFIV/AE - No go[/QUOTE]

he SSFIV character balances are used, What does this mean?

[quote name='ckc4043']he SSFIV character balances are used, What does this mean?[/QUOTE]

Things like damage done from attacks, move invincibility windows, etc. Here's a full list of all the AE balance changes that were made.

Just picked up my store-order today.

I love it when they mess up. They ended up giving me a BRAND-NEW copy of SUPER Street Fighter IV instead of the pre-owned copy of Street Fighter IV (first release).

bread's done
Back