Street Fighter IV FightPad (360/PS3) B1G1 at Madcatz's Gameshark store.

SanjuroTsubaki

CAGiversary!
This looks like the first actual deal I have found to post on here. I have been looking for an extra FightPad for the 360 for upcoming Mega Man. On Madcatz website I found B1G1 free for the Comic Con version of the pad here,

http://store.gameshark.com/StreetFighterIV5

I also received free next day shipping for the cost of ground after completing the order using my PayPal.

10% off purchase. - On the link there is a newsletter signup where you can receive a 10% off coupon after confirming.

I've owned this pad before, it is the best dpad solution for the 360 currently and works on PC. Great for Pac Man CE.

71ib84.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the pads are great, until the Dpad wears out from over use. I went through 2 on the 360 and told myself i wouldnt waste 40 again.

moving from a pad to a TE is hard. Its a big challenge but you can do stuff on a TE you just can't do on a pad.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']the pads are great, until the Dpad wears out from over use. I went through 2 on the 360 and told myself i wouldnt waste 40 again.

moving from a pad to a TE is hard. Its a big challenge but you can do stuff on a TE you just can't do on a pad.[/QUOTE]
I agree to an extent. I had the TE stick and loved it, but it's definitely more of a product for a perfect setup and not as comfortable for a grab and game kind of gaming environment.

I haven't had any of my FightPads break on me though. I've owned two of them currently and put them through some tough use.

So is it 2 of the Comic Con fightpads or can I buy 1 Comic Con one and 1 of any of the other styles? Also can you mix and match systems?

I don't understand why everyone is convinced that playing on a fight stick is infinitely better than using a controller/fight pad. I mean, it might make things like backstepping/dashing easier on your hand than it is on your thumb, but I just don't see how it makes a player better. I get the feeling many people feel the way they do about it because they want to justify the time and money they invested in a fight stick.

Here I was hoping for another TE stick sale... I really want a Femme Fatales stick for around $120 shipped... either console >_>

[quote name='MSUHitman']So is it 2 of the Comic Con fightpads or can I buy 1 Comic Con one and 1 of any of the other styles? Also can you mix and match systems?[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure it is just two Comic Con pads. They are both added instantly to the cart.

it makes a player better because you have to be that more perfect to perform your combos. you might have been getting away with doing a combo on a fightpad, but trying to translate those movements to a TE just doesnt always cut it. You spend the time in training really learning every detail as far as the timing is concerned and how big the window to combo really is. Its a much steeper learning curve but definitely pays off in the long run.

an example of things you just cannot do on a pad but can do on a stick is guiles flash kick to super, or his ultra without doing a 620 on the pad.

another is Viper, almost in general, but especially her seismic pound to JC to seismic to JC to seismic. You might be able to get it 1 out of 10 times on a pad if you're good, but trying to get it down pat just doesnt happen

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I don't understand why everyone is convinced that playing on a fight stick is infinitely better than using a controller/fight pad. I mean, it might make things like backstepping/dashing easier on your hand than it is on your thumb, but I just don't see how it makes a player better. I get the feeling many people feel the way they do about it because they want to justify the time and money they invested in a fight stick.[/QUOTE]
I can barely do the charge super's in SF2 HD rmx with a dpad, arcade stick does it on command.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I don't understand why everyone is convinced that playing on a fight stick is infinitely better than using a controller/fight pad. I mean, it might make things like backstepping/dashing easier on your hand than it is on your thumb, but I just don't see how it makes a player better. I get the feeling many people feel the way they do about it because they want to justify the time and money they invested in a fight stick.[/QUOTE]
...lol

Anyways, if the dpad didnt wear out so fast on these I'd be all over it. Anyone know if these are made any differently so that wouldn't happen?

[quote name='genfuyung']...lol

Anyways, if the dpad didnt wear out so fast on these I'd be all over it. Anyone know if these are made any differently so that wouldn't happen?[/QUOTE]

That's the main reason I wouldn't buy another. The first one didn't last me long enough worth buying. =/

nope. its still the 2 cent rubber crap that will eventually tear.

i will say charge characters do kill the damn thing faster. Fuk you blanka lol

I mean, if you're comparing a fight stick to the 360/PS3 controller's D-Pad, then I can understand where you're coming from- both of those are horrible to play fighting games with. But the analog sticks are different stories. Both are very comfortable to play with IMO, and it's easy for me to be precise with them. Another thing is that I find it a LOT easier to flick around an analog stick with my thumb than throwing around a stick with my entire hand. If anything, less space to move the stick = faster movements.

And I don't agree that it's possible to do anything more with a fight stick than you can with a controller (or vice versa, for that matter). It all depends on a player's comfortability with the method of controlling, really, unless he's restricted by things like no diagonals on a PS3's D-Pad. As far as I'm concerned, Analog Stick is equal to Fight Stick.

I have a 360 pad that took extensive reworking to work properly. I took the damn thing apart probably 20 times. I also have a PS3 pad that stops working every 3 hours. It get stuck in the down position and doesn't do anything else.

That being said, when the pads do work they are great. When they don't, well, at least if I put it up far away from me it looks pretty and I don't have the urge to slam it into the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even sure why this is turning into a arcade stick / controller debate. It's a good deal for an item that has been difficult to find for most B&M and even if need only one could sell to a friend or online to make the cost more desirable. The TE and FightSticks both had cosmetic and operational flaws which resulted in much more uproar for items that are more than double the price of this controller.

[quote name='Coraanu']Sign up for their newsletter to get a 10% off coupon code.[/QUOTE]
Bastard wish I saw this. Adding to the OP.

[quote name='GUNNM']was gonna buy this but after reading the comments in this forum maybe not[/QUOTE]
If you are looking for a solid pad for XBLA and fighting games then this pad is for you. Most of the people complaining are not satisfied for anything other than an arcade stick.

I mainly purchased like I said for Pac-Man CE. Any doubters want to view my high score than feel free. :D

thats just not true, and don't pretend it is.

some have gotten lucky with this pad, and some have not. after 8000 matches on the 360, i'd average about 3000 per pad. I liked the pad, but with the track record I had with it, I just couldn't justify pissing away another $40 on a pad that more than likely would break in the same fashion the last two had.

My brother's wound up lasting him over 4000 matches.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']thats just not true, and don't pretend it is.

some have gotten lucky with this pad, and some have not. after 8000 matches on the 360, i'd average about 3000 per pad. I liked the pad, but with the track record I had with it, I just couldn't justify pissing away another $40 on a pad that more than likely would break in the same fashion the last two had.

My brother's wound up lasting him over 4000 matches.[/QUOTE]
I agreed with you that the TE stick is nice, but you're just derailing at this point. There were more problems with the TE and the FightSticks. Working retail I had seen zero FightPads returned in comparison to the arcade sticks.

In any case, it still is more usable than the original controller. The only other item that comes close is the Hori pad for a d-pad solution. The fact that this is B1G1 free and has a better control layout than the Hori is a great deal.

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']If you are looking for a solid pad for XBLA and fighting games then this pad is for you. Most of the people complaining are not satisfied for anything other than an arcade stick.

I mainly purchased like I said for Pac-Man CE. Any doubters want to view my high score than feel free. :D[/QUOTE]

I agree. This pad is more for the casual SFer's amongst us. I have the Chun Li pad for 360 for about a year now and it works great when I play.

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']I agreed with you that the TE stick is nice, but you're just derailing at this point. There were more problems with the TE and the FightSticks. Working retail I had seen zero FightPads returned in comparison to the arcade sticks.

In any case, it still is more usable than the original controller. The only other item that comes close is the Hori pad for a d-pad solution. The fact that this is B1G1 free and has a better control layout than the Hori is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

if you can get it to last, its pretty great for the price. while I've never personally had a problem with the TE, i will say its a lot easier to open and fix with sanwa parts etc.

How long does it take for verification-confirmation email for the 10% off newsletter? I have been waiting for like 30mins and I am afraid that it might sell out

Happened instantly for me. However it didn't work from the cart for some reason, go back to the list of items and do it there, another window should pop up where you type your email address in again and a captcha.

Man, I'd be ALL over this if I could buy one 360 version and get the second free version for the PS3, or vice versa.

I already have 2 controlers for my 360, 2 fight sticks and one Sixaxsis controller for my PS3. So yeah, it'd be a waste to get two for either system exclusively, since I could use each for downloadable games...

/Sadface

Can't seem to get the free shipping OP mentions, either. Maybe you can't use the 10% code?

Edit: Ah, it's next day shipping for the cost of ground, not free.

So was this thing supposedly available in limited quantities? Cause I never saw it again once it sold out prior to SFIV's release.

[quote name='Tsukento']So was this thing supposedly available in limited quantities? Cause I never saw it again once it sold out prior to SFIV's release.[/QUOTE]
Yes/No. It's not the hardest thing in the world to find. It's not a mass market item though so only certain chains carried the item and only in small numbers.

the 500 of each limited quantity of these has to be bullshit. as a collector i bought 2 of each type when they first were released and I know many others did the same and now they have 80 of each style still in stock? yeah right. i bet madcatz made a couple of thousand of each style and straight up lied about quantities.

I saw that the next day shipping was supposed to be the same price as ground, but it was still $26 for me. I live in CO, that might have something to do with it...

[quote name='Radical Ted']I saw that the next day shipping was supposed to be the same price as ground, but it was still $26 for me. I live in CO, that might have something to do with it...[/QUOTE]
I exited and went back to the shipping option once and it did it. It was highlighted under the $26 or so option but on the right of the page the pricing was still at the $7 or so.

I've been a pad user since the NES, and have some of these, but I have to say I've committed myself to using a stick full-time. There's just too much stuff in fighter you can't do with a pad. It's a tough learning curve, but pads are inherently more limiting in both timing and range of motion with one thumb opposed to. Not to mention some games have crippled button-setting features for pads (MvC2 PSN/360) which makes it harder than it should be.

If you're just a casual player, these are ok. but if you play online a lot and/or want to step up your game, you almost need to go to a stick. If that's the case, save it for a TE stick.

Just be warned, these d-pads are actually really sloppy/imprecise. SFIV fools you because it's really lenient with inputs, but using these for other fighters made me want to smash them.

What would the resell ability for these pads be you think?

The reason I ask is I want to get a PS3 pad at some point so if someone is playing fighting games with me on the PS3 they won't be stuck with the DS3 as I only have 1 TE stick. I've been wanting to get the Cammy artwork one, but 2 for 1 is a pretty sweet deal. I only need one (isn't there still an issue with using 2 of the PS3 fightpads at once?)

[quote name='MSUHitman']What would the resell ability for these pads be you think?

The reason I ask is I want to get a PS3 pad at some point so if someone is playing fighting games with me on the PS3 they won't be stuck with the DS3 as I only have 1 TE stick. I've been wanting to get the Cammy artwork one, but 2 for 1 is a pretty sweet deal. I only need one (isn't there still an issue with using 2 of the PS3 fightpads at once?)[/QUOTE]

If they don't reprint them after they sell out, the comic-con version will probably retain it's value/go up a little.

You still cannot use two fightpads at once on the PS3. I wish they would have just made the damn things wired. That would have saved many people the frustration of wireless dongles failing.

[quote name='Anhmeister']You still cannot use two fightpads at once on the PS3. I wish they would have just made the damn things wired. That would have saved many people the frustration of wireless dongles failing.[/QUOTE]
what a fail. match that along w the fact that these can not be used to play ps2 games on the ps3 and they are a bit of a letdown

[quote name='Anhmeister']You still cannot use two fightpads at once on the PS3. I wish they would have just made the damn things wired. That would have saved many people the frustration of wireless dongles failing.[/QUOTE]
To be fair you have much more variety on the PS3 in terms of dpad solutions. Sega Saturn USB pad easily rocks the party.

Are you SURE that you can't use two fightpads at once on the PS3? I am pretty sure I have done this before. I will test this as soon as I get a chance and report back.

bread's done
Back