Street Fighter IV Fightpads in stock at Bestbuy.com

I have the controller and personally, I am extremely disappointed in the D-Pad... I think it sux. It only looks nice and is good for a collectors
:wall:

[quote name='guyver2077']i hadnt even really looked into any pads..

how are these? are the dpads better?

how about fight sticks?[/quote]

I was really worried about the pads due to comments like the above, but I bought one and tried it. I don't think I've ever used a better D-pad in my life. I pulled off every single one of the moves/combos I wanted with ease. It just felt right and I didn't even have to think about it.

Anyway, you should try it. I'm still slightly worried that it'll break after extended use, but I plan on making sure of its endurance with some long play sessions. :)

damn.. $40 and they are wired?

dunno about this...

the dpad better be good! hopefully i can use this to play sf2 and umk3 decently now

The Ryu pad's pretty sick looking. I still can't decide between one of these and the standard FighStick. The tournament one is just way too expensive. If I can find a deal on the Standard one, I may have to grab it. The 360 d-pad definitely sucks. I'd probably have played a lot more SSF2HD if I had something better.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Low supply plus high demand = increase in price[/quote]

But is there really low supply?

Back when there were PS2 and XBOX versions of these pads, they sat in stores for years. The two that I picked up I think I got for something like $5 each.

I figured these new pads would be the same thing, but maybe not. It just surprises me that before they're even officially out, they're apparently low supply.

They aren't the same pads, mechachrome. They're made by a different company and overall designed much better.

I would expect that, as you predicted, the pads will be available for much cheaper down the road, but some people aren't willing to wait for that... I mean, take the launch of any console as an example. It's not like you won't EVER be able to get a Wii... but people are willing to pay a premium to get it early.

That said, these accessories won't be made to the same supply that the Nubytech ones were. And even if they were, Street Fighter IV is an infinitely stronger release than Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (which while I love, is really just ports of two games and a censored movie).

Oh and it seems like Amazon.com is sold out of all the pads... I'm not sure how that happened and if they pre-sold more than they were allotted, but that's annoying since I'm waiting on their shipment.

Thank the Lord! I just placed my order... I didn't feel like going in store to pick it up. This definitely beats that gamestop bs where they randomly give you a pad.

$5.50 for shipping plus tax? Jeebus. For me, not worth almost $50 just to get it for SF IV. I'll check my local stores and hopefully I can grab one. Hell, I don't even plan to buy the game until there's a good sale on it.

[quote name='guyver2077']why are the ps3 controllers wireless but the 360 ones are not... major gay[/quote]

Because it would increase the price substantially if they did due to licensing fees by Microsoft to the point where it wouldn't sell. If you think $40 for this controller was bad... MarkMan said that the price would be significantly higher.

And there's no rumble either, for those who are late to the party.

For a fighting game I'd prefer wired anyway. Even the smallest amount of input lag could potentially ruin a fighting game. I just hope the pad holds up, I don't want to have to replace the thing in a couple months. I don't see people buying this pad just for sf4; I'm buying it so I can finally play my sf games on my 360 without cursing the awful d-pad they give us on the stock controllers.

[quote name='guyver2077']why are the ps3 controllers wireless but the 360 ones are not... major gay[/quote]

MS won't license its wireless technology except for instruments

Yes. BBs got their shipments a few days before release and many put them out. Most BBs only received four of them, though... one of each design. I believe a BB employee CAG said that they were scheduled to get more.

Note: only the 360 version has been sighted there.

Yeah I asked them and that is all I got back. I wish I had gone to GameStop once they got them in, but they were lying through their teeth. First it was 4 then 4:30, and I called at 4:26. I hate those fucking douchebags. I can't even imagine how many people bought them. They probably flipped them on eBay.

Its amazing what not being able to find one does to people. They have been available on Amazon for months...crazy. Even I am considering buying one though I will have to resist

Have you received yours from Amazon yet? I find it highly suspicious that Amazon suddenly lists all of them as Currently Unavailable now that they've been released. I'm guessing they oversold their allotment.

Not a big deal, since more shipments will come, but still a pain in the ass.

wow..i thought that whole microsoft licensing out their wireless stuff was old news.. sucks they are still enforcing it..

ill prob head out on my lunch break to get the game at bb and take a quick look around.

[quote name='GuardianE']Have you received yours from Amazon yet? I find it highly suspicious that Amazon suddenly lists all of them as Currently Unavailable now that they've been released. I'm guessing they oversold their allotment.

Not a big deal, since more shipments will come, but still a pain in the ass.[/quote]

I never ordered, just know they had them up for months

[quote name='EKen9']Great I already got a backorder notice, it never ends![/quote]

From Bestbuy? Only the Ryu and Ken 360s are sold out on the site.

I got the backorder email... blows because I reservied it as soon as this thread went up. I'll be damned if I'm going to get stuck with a Chun-Li controller!

Ugh. Who could have predicted that the FightPads would be in such high demand? I expected the sticks to be hard to find, but this is ridiculous.

Everywhere is sold out in Seattle. Totally lame.

[quote name='fraeone']Ugh. Who could have predicted that the FightPads would be in such high demand? I expected the sticks to be hard to find, but this is ridiculous.

Everywhere is sold out in Seattle. Totally lame.[/quote]

Exactly how I felt. I thought the fightpads would be everywhere. I have a SE stick and fightpad ordered now, and no idea in this world when I might see either of them. I wish I was savvy enough to just build my own stick.

Backordered as well. The Customer Service lady told me it's still to taks to be at my house on the 20th. I knew I should have gotten it when I saw then at the B&M store. Now to start hunting...

success..

went to the local bb and literally caught the employee putting them on the shelf..

alot of chung li's and blanka.. only two ken's (i got one of them) and no ryu's

I have Ryu via BB.com, so I'm good. Just don't know when I'll get it. But at this point, I'll take Dan in Sakura's outfit just to have one. The 360 dpad isn't actually bad at all, but I'm still lacking in key things.

[quote name='guyver2077']success..

went to the local bb and literally caught the employee putting them on the shelf..

alot of chung li's and blanka.. only two ken's (i got one of them) and no ryu's[/quote]

Nice!

Dude I'm miami too, went to the one in kendall, 88th street, they had none, which one did you go to? hook me up :p

Also, I'm looking for a PS3 one, did you see those as well?

I called some Gamestops to see what they had available. One employee told me two PS3 fightpads won't work because the signals interfere. Please tell me he is retarded and MadCatz is not.

[quote name='tobi54']Nice!

Dude I'm miami too, went to the one in kendall, 88th street, they had none, which one did you go to? hook me up :p

Also, I'm looking for a PS3 one, did you see those as well?[/quote]

i replied to your pm.. this was in aventura.. i didnt notice any ps3 controllers.. just 360..

bread's done
Back