Street Fighter IV - Gen Discussion & Info

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Achievements & Unlockables: http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/200...s-achievements-ps3-xbox-360-street-fighter-4/

Please note that the info on the link has some inaccurate info. Zewone has provided us with the proper info:

[quote name='zewone']Akuma:

Unlock Gen, Dan, Sakura, Rose, Fei Long, and Cammy.
Finish Arcade mode with at least one perfect and no continues. Akuma will appear after Seth. Defeat him to unlock.

Gouken:

Finish Arcade Mode with Akuma while getting at least one(?) perfect, two(?) Ultra finishes, and no continues. Gouken appears after Seth. Defeat him to unlock him.

Seth:

Finish Arcade Mode with everyone besides Seth.[/quote]

(?) - Other users have gotten him with 2 perfects and 2 ultras.

Thanks Zew.

CAPCOM® KICKS OFF THE NEXT GENERATION OF FIGHTING GAMES WITH STREET FIGHTERTM IV

The Next Round of the Definitive Fighting Game Experience Combines 3D Graphics with Classic Street Fighter Feel

Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today officially announced development of Street Fighter™ IV, the next iteration of the genre-establishing fighting game series. This marks the first new entry announced in nearly eight years, following the acclaimed Street Fighter III Third Strike.

In its amazing twenty year history, Street Fighter has revolutionized the fighting genre and created a global legacy like no other. Few details have been released on the new game, outside of a heart-pounding preview trailer that set the gaming community on fire when it was released in October on the official website, StreetFighterWorld.com.

Capcom is proud to announce the return of four classic “World Warriors” in Street Fighter IV: returning favorites Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, and Dhalsim. The characters and environments are rendered in stylized 3D computer graphics (CG), while the game is played in the classic Street Fighter 2D perspective with additional 3D camera flourishes. The traditional six-button controls for the game will return, with a host of new special moves and features integrated into the input system. Mixing tried-and-true classic moves and techniques with all-new, never-before-seen gameplay systems, Street Fighter 4 brings a brand new fighting game to fans the world over.

Everything that made the legendary Street Fighter II a hit in arcades, living rooms and dormitories all over the world has been brought to bear here, with even more surprises. With the inclusion of Capcom's latest advancements in new generation technology, Street Fighter IV promises to deliver an extraordinary experience that will re-introduce the world to the time-honored art of virtual martial arts.

Features:
• 2D/3D fighting environments
• Classic Street Fighter characters re-imagined for a new generation of gamers
• New special moves that go beyond any Street Fighter fan's wildest imagination
• Amazing locations never seen before in a Street Fighter game
• New gameplay elements provide new challenges for both newcomers and the most seasoned Street Fighter pro.

For more information, visit http://www.streetfighterworld.com
http://press.capcom.com/release.asp?i=59

mediarm6.jpg

No consoles have been confirmed though a XBOX360 and PS3 along with the arcade version are rumored. More details will be on the January 2008 EGM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drooling at my computer. I cannot wait, definitely the biggest game announcement of the last few years. If anyone remebers the Street Fighter 2 buzz, this is multiplied by 10 on my richter scale.

I am glad that its going to be 2D. However, since its going to use polygonal graphics I hope that it will turn out better than the SFEX series. Lets see what DIMPS can do. They did make DBZ Budokai 3 and the Rumble Fish.

This is great!

I hope it does end up on PS3 so I can use my Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 and Virtua Stick High Grade on it. I'm also glad they are keeping it 2D(Gameplay wise), gotta stay true to the roots.

I rarely check the gaming forums...guess I'll lock it up and if/when it gets confirmation for XBOX360 I'll open it back up and we can continue discussion.

I'm reopening this now that its confirmed to be coming soon to our beloved console:

US, May 27, 2008 - In what could very well be the least surprising announcement since Halo 2, Capcom issued a release today stating that Street Fighter IV would indeed be coming home on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. The game promises a return to "classic 2D Street Fighter fighting action mixed with new characters, amazing visuals, and next-generation fluid gameplay."

Returning brawlers to the roster include Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, and Guile to go along with new recruits like Crimson Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, and Rufus. The game is a mix of old school two-dimensional fighting with 3D elements like character models and "camera flourishes."

Street Fighter IV is scheduled to release on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC sometime later in 2008.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/876/876865p1.html

This will be the general discussion thread for the X360 version of the game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm reopening this now that its confirmed to be coming soon to our beloved console:
[/quote]

How could you ever doubt that it wouldnt be for xbox 360. When is SFHD coming out? lol:bomb:

I wouldn't be surprised to see this pushed back to early-2009. I just hope they don't rush it out. Take your time, Capcom. We've waited this long, and I'll gladly wait a little longer. Also, it's sort of funny how Street Fighter 4 may be released before the HD Remix. If that happens, I think HD Remix will underperform in sales.

[quote name='Man of Ice']All I ask is some lag-free gameplay on Live and Capcom can take as much time as they need.[/quote]

If the gameplay on Live isn't lag-free, I'd consider it a massive failure. There cannot be lag of any amount. I think that's one difficulty of developing a modern fighting game with online multiplayer gameplay.

It's even worse with Virtua Fighter 5 because a lot moves have to be timed right down to the frame. No exaggeration.

I don't think lag free is possible (I believe even GGPO on PC is like 1 or 2 frames behind) but Capcom is apparently serious about improving the online component because they're having an 8 week beta for SF HD Remix.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I don't think lag free is possible (I believe even GGPO on PC is like 1 or 2 frames behind) but Capcom is apparently serious about improving the online component because they're having an 8 week beta for SF HD Remix.[/quote]

I hope it's at least as lag-free as CoD/halo multiplayer. I never buy fighting games anymore because I don't have any friends who are interested and the lag online is always less than stellar. But I am a SF fan and I really enjoyed playing CvS2 so I hope this one brings back my competitive side in fighters.

[quote name='chasemurata']If the gameplay on Live isn't lag-free, I'd consider it a massive failure. There cannot be lag of any amount. I think that's one difficulty of developing a modern fighting game with online multiplayer gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Lag-free is an impossibility. Best we can hope for is that it runs smoothly most of the time.

[quote name='chasemurata']If the gameplay on Live isn't lag-free, I'd consider it a massive failure. There cannot be lag of any amount. I think that's one difficulty of developing a modern fighting game with online multiplayer gameplay.[/quote]

as of now, it's not possible for the game to be lag-free all the time...however, they can do their best to make sure the game runs as smooth as it can online...that's what we'll hope for

[quote name='PhoenixT']I'm shocked anyone thought it wasn't coming out on all the HD capable systems. I mean come on its CAPCOM![/quote]

I know :) I would release it

I was just reading Kotaku's Liveblog for Street Fighter IV at Comic Con, and they announced that the winner of the poll they held a while back was Cammy (the poll was to vote for the character they wanted to see in console version of SFIV).

The peoples choice will be taken back to Japan and discussed with the Street Fighter IV development team. It's not confirmation, but its sounds likely.

They also showed a never before seen animated segment which features Chun-Li, Cammy, and Guile. I hope the video show's up online sometime soon.

http://kotaku.com/5028905/the-making-of-street-fighter-iv-the-liveblog

How up to date is that 2008 release date mentioned in the title? I thought it was listed as February or March of next year.

Note that there is actually a "Gameplay Systems" trailer on the XBLMarketplace now...

It's nice to see SFIV back on a TV screen ^_^

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone who owns a 360 or PS3 download the new videos... watch on an HDTV and tell me the game dosn't look amazing.

It's harder to wait now for me.[/quote]

It made me happy in pants. :^o

I think it would be neat if Cammy had her Canon Spike gear as an alternative costume. :drool:

[quote name='chasemurata']I think it would be neat if Cammy had her Canon Spike gear as an alternative costume. :drool:[/quote]

I'm thinking it will be her uniform from Shadaloo/Alpha 3 as it's how most people these days know her thanks to Capcom's reusing of her Alpha sprite in the Vs. games over the last several years.

And about the trailer......Remind me again why 2-D gaming is just now making a comeback?

[quote name='BlueSwim']I'm thinking it will be her uniform from Shadaloo/Alpha 3 as it's how most people these days know her thanks to Capcom's reusing of her Alpha sprite in the Vs. games over the last several years.

And about the trailer......Remind me again why 2-D gaming is just now making a comeback?[/QUOTE]

you will probably get her SFII costume though as well since custom items as well as the fact this takes place immediately after SFII.

in terms of a comeback... maybe people are tired of FPSs finally? hopefully?

I really wish the game would get more new characters or at least bring back more from SF3 I really enjoyed the fresh feel to that game it felt more like a new beginning to the franchise with characters like ibuki and Alex who didn't play like the zillienth clone of Ryu and Ken.

[quote name='BlueSwim']How up to date is that 2008 release date mentioned in the title? I thought it was listed as February or March of next year.[/quote]It isn't supposed to come out until 2009.

I would have liked for this game to include more characters from the Alpha series.

I just want Rose...she does play a significant role with Bison, and it would be interesting to see what has happened to her after the events of SF Alpha 3.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']It isn't supposed to come out until 2009.[/quote]

I thought so.

Did you guys see the story over on Wired that an arcade stick AND game pads are in development? I know there were rumors but this seems to be a flat out confirmation.

[quote name='buterbals']I would have liked for this game to include more characters from the Alpha series.

I just want Rose...she does play a significant role with Bison, and it would be interesting to see what has happened to her after the events of SF Alpha 3.[/QUOTE]

well, at least dan made it.

[quote name='buterbals']I would have liked for this game to include more characters from the Alpha series.

I just want Rose...she does play a significant role with Bison, and it would be interesting to see what has happened to her after the events of SF Alpha 3.[/quote]

I'm partial to Adon, though Sagat and the Street Fighter II core will suffice.

I assume the UDON comics will eventually cover what happens post-Street Fighter Alpha 3.

[quote name='chasemurata']I'm partial to Adon, though Sagat and the Street Fighter II core will suffice.

I assume the UDON comics will eventually cover what happens post-Street Fighter Alpha 3.[/quote]

Sagat and Guile FTW!

Does anyone know what kind of controls this game has? How they would be on 360/PS3, or even what kind of button layout the arcade has and what the buttons are for?

Main reason i ask is because i dunno if i want to buy this for 360, or wait till i get a PS3(better dpad).

It has the standard 6 button layout (3 kicks, 3 punches) that we've all grown up with.

You really need to get a stick since the PS3 and 360 both have 4 face buttons. Your other option is to get one of the Street Fighter 6 button pads when they become available.

[quote name='depascal22']It has the standard 6 button layout (3 kicks, 3 punches) that we've all grown up with.

You really need to get a stick since the PS3 and 360 both have 4 face buttons. Your other option is to get one of the Street Fighter 6 button pads when they become available.[/quote]

6 button pads? Do those have a dpad? If so maybe ill just buy that instead of waiting to get it on ps3. That would be sweet if they were similar to those old 6 button sega genesis pads.

2852212787_0a26837e59.jpg

This is from MarkMan's blog. I might pick up 2 for the 360 and 2 for the PS3 if I can find them on clearance sometime next year but I'm getting at least one for each system.

Soo you want me to do research a website dedicated to an old game system for a controller for my 360. Not only is that not very helpful it gets me sifting through tons of crap related to the old system that I don't want to know about. Tell you what if I ever find the specs to the damn thing I'll link them that would be you know...helpful to people.

[quote name='PhoenixT']Soo you want me to do research a website dedicated to an old game system for a controller for my 360. Not only is that not very helpful it gets me sifting through tons of crap related to the old system that I don't want to know about. Tell you what if I ever find the specs to the damn thing I'll link them that would be you know...helpful to people.[/quote]

:lol: I see your point.

I thought you'd get what I meant as in since the subject was d-pads so you'd just look at Neo Geo d-pads.

bread's done
Back