Street Fighter IV PS3 Official Discussion Thread

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']
Also, ManaKnight maybe we could incorporate SF4 into the gaming nights like you mentioned, but I still think there may be enough interest to have a dedicated Street Fighter group too.[/QUOTE]We got a thread for Turbo HD Remix. I know option.iv is getting SFIV also (but may not arrive right away), so it might just turn into a PSN SF online gaming thread, I dunno.

I hope to get the game either this week or next.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']picked up the PS3 CE edition at best buy today. I got into a big arguement with the clerk because I picked up the last CE on the shelf and I asked him what would have happened had I not picked up this copy and he said that they would order me a copy. Well I flipped out and asked him what was the point of pre-ordering? after that I walked off and was looking through the dvds and he walked up to me apologized and told me they had my copy at the register waiting for me. though the situation could have gotten worse if I didn't have a copy, the morale of this story is too always know how to get your way and don't be afraid to curse people out.[/QUOTE]

I totally know what you mean about that, but in my case, it was a little different 'causes it was Rock Band 2:SE. I went to Customer Service and presented my ticket and she said I had to go grab the bundle myself from the floor and bring it over. Which brings up the same point you made, what would happen if they didn't have anymore and thus what would be the point of pre-ordering? I didn't ask her that as they did have it on the floor, but if they didn't, I would've been pissed.

Woot, I already unlocked everyone through Gouken so far. Now I just have to beat the game a bunch of times (using different characters) to get Seth.

Also, most people on PSN (random users) suck. I Blanka them easily. My only loss thus far is to a decent Sagat.

[quote name='Furashu']the chun li box art was ditched cause the fans said it looked stupid so capcom released a new cover art.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

Bolingbrook, IL has 2 PS3 CE's left after I picked one up about 20 minutes ago. They havent unloaded from the back yet, so call ahead and have them held (thats what I did).

[quote name='MasterSun1']I totally know what you mean about that, but in my case, it was a little different 'causes it was Rock Band 2:SE. I went to Customer Service and presented my ticket and she said I had to go grab the bundle myself from the floor and bring it over. Which brings up the same point you made, what would happen if they didn't have anymore and thus what would be the point of pre-ordering? I didn't ask her that as they did have it on the floor, but if they didn't, I would've been pissed.[/quote]

yeah BB looks like they are getting better with the pre-order stuff though. there were 360 CE's pilled high to the ceiling. lol
I need to preorder RE5 CE on PS3 now though so I can continue this streak going.

[quote name='MSUHitman']MBB did you get the $70 SF4 stick? That stick (both versions) has a defective washer from the factory that causes the joystick to lock at times. If you're not into modding, I would PM MarkMan here on CAG or setup a warranty claim with Mad Catz, as all the ones in the stores currently have that issue.

To the poster on 360 vs. PS3: If you're not going to get a new pad/stick, there's no good reason anyone in the US should get the 360 version instead of the PS3 version. A list of friends does no good if you can't play the game. If you're going to get a stick and have tons more friends on the 360 side then get that one. Otherwise, get the PS3 one, install it to the HD, and you're good to go.[/quote]

MBB,
Forget what I said here. Just find the website address on your instructions, fill it out, then call the number on the instructions to setup a warranty repair, as all stock in stores is going to be the same. You're going to have to pay to ship it to them, which sucks.

Pck21,
You're going to want to install the game on either system. Loads times are horrible, especially during online play, when the game isn't installed. Also it's just my opinion, but I think the game is almost unplayable on a standard 360 controller and you need probably just the fightpad and you'll be fine. Plus you can use the fightpad on lots of the XBLA games, Sonic Genesis Collection, etc.

I'm not playing in the Gamestop tournament just because they're doing the 360 version on standard controllers.

Thanks MSU, I will do that. I was really getting into using the Stick.... My game will be way off with a controller.

Hey Pck21, cool to have another PS3 SF4 player.

[quote name='MSUHitman']
Pck21,
You're going to want to install the game on either system. Loads times are horrible, especially during online play, when the game isn't installed. Also it's just my opinion, but I think the game is almost unplayable on a standard 360 controller and you need probably just the fightpad and you'll be fine. Plus you can use the fightpad on lots of the XBLA games, Sonic Genesis Collection, etc.

I'm not playing in the Gamestop tournament just because they're doing the 360 version on standard controllers.[/quote]

Hmm I guess I'm going to have to find some room then to install it. I might end up buying the fight pad later on but who knows. I've been getting my fix at work by playing some free SFII flash game lol.

[quote name='MiniB0ssBattle']

Hey Pck21, cool to have another PS3 SF4 player.[/quote]

Glad to be aboard lol. I'll be getting it tonight after class so be on the look out for me! I'll be the one losing and then blaming it on everything else but myself. :)

Has anyone else gotten the runaround getting this game? 2/4 of my game shops (GS and Play-n-Trade) did not have it today. What gives?

Man, SF4 is making me question my Guilty Gear fandom.

I'm really thinking of building my own stick, get all Sanwa parts and go at it hardcore. Only the woodworking puts me off of doing it.

[quote name='Logain8955']Man, SF4 is making me question my Guilty Gear fandom.

I'm really thinking of building my own stick, get all Sanwa parts and go at it hardcore. Only the woodworking puts me off of doing it.[/QUOTE]

well a sanwa stick would definitely justify your guilty gear fandom in the future...

while u can manage playing SF on a pad, the execution in high level GG is downright impossible without a stick.

as far as woodworking goes... controlcommerce already wrote a blog about that.

google "norris arcade sticks" or "norris arcade systems" for sum real good custom boxes.

I've played every SF on consoles my whole life, and i'm a analog stick player. So i'm debating on whether to get this on PS3 or 360 heh. I dunno :(

[quote name='JEKKI']well a sanwa stick would definitely justify your guilty gear fandom in the future...

while u can manage playing SF on a pad, the execution in high level GG is downright impossible without a stick.

as far as woodworking goes... controlcommerce already wrote a blog about that.

google "norris arcade sticks" or "norris arcade systems" for sum real good custom boxes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I refuse to play GG w/ a pad. I've been slumming it up with okay sticks till now, but I always end up wearing out the contacts or something.

I actually saw that Norris setup, it was real nice. But, they don't have an 8 button cab, just 6 buttons. =\ I like having those two extra there, even though I know I need to stop relying on them.

Man I just picked up two copies of the CE from my Gamestop and the Ryu Figurine is TINY! I thought it would be at least the size as the figure from Resistance 2 since they have similar packaging.

It's funny how deceiving Seth is the first time you face him, you think to yourself that he's not so bad, until you go into the second round.

Being able to switch the main theme to Japanese is a pleasant surprise.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Man I just picked up two copies of the CE from my Gamestop and the Ryu Figurine is TINY! I thought it would be at least the size as the figure from Resistance 2 since they have similar packaging.[/quote]
How small are they? Like vending machine toy size? GI Joe size?

[quote name='slam09']How small are they? Like vending machine toy size? GI Joe size?[/QUOTE]
Probably even smaller, it's about 4 inches high. (and that's generous)

Well I've played a few rounds and I have to say that the memories are flooding back haha. It's a pretty good game and I actually enjoy the 3D characters. Very fluid game play and I can tell that there's a learning curve to be had once I decide to actually learn everything; right now I'm just fucking around. It's installing right now! :)

[quote name='slam09']How small are they? Like vending machine toy size? GI Joe size?[/QUOTE]

SF04.jpg

And by the way I don't know who pisses me off more, Gill or SETH.

I think Gill is worse than Seth but Akuma from THDR kicks the player's ass and calls them a bitch after. I think I was stuck fighting Akuma for 45 minutes before I gave up. The Sagat fierce kick on Akuma works like a charm though :lol:

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']What's worse? IN-DE-STRUCTABLE or I wanna take you for a ride? ;)[/quote]

I wanna take you for a ride.

No question.

[quote name='jlindsay26']I got the collector edition and didn't get the comic or code. Was it packed in the box? Otherwise I think I got the shaft from Gamestop:bomb:[/quote]

Both should be in the Blu-ray case if you haven't opened that yet.

It's definitely better if you install to the hard drive, that's for sure. However, playing online is just killing me. I can never find a game so I host my own games. I set it to my skill and I am getting WORKED over every game. I like playing but I'm getting bummed out losing all the time. Plus I think I need a stick or at least a fight pad to keep competitive. Otherwise, I'm just a piece of meat out there.

[quote name='Pck21'] I set it to my skill and I am getting WORKED over every game. I like playing but I'm getting bummed out losing all the time. Plus I think I need a stick or at least a fight pad to keep competitive. Otherwise, I'm just a piece of meat out there.[/QUOTE]

You'll most likely get owned for several weeks until the player Tiers start to spread out, as you're fighting both pros and newbies since the game just came out. Expect more pros/experienced players to hop on during this weekend.

So don't take it too seriously when playing online or focus more on training so you're prepared to jump in against real players. Good luck!

seth is a piece of S**T ive seriously gotten close like 5 times and then the stage goes nuts and he does his special fuck him

lol

[quote name='Furashu']seth is a piece of S**T ive seriously gotten close like 5 times and then the stage goes nuts and he does his special fuck him

lol[/quote]

The only time I've avoided his Ultra is by jumping over him, other than that he likes to fucking teleport all the time. :bomb:

[quote name='GenDV138']Both should be in the Blu-ray case if you haven't opened that yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info I haven't opened the Blu-ray disc yet.

This is odd, but I tried to download the free dlc costume and it is saying the code is invalid? Anyone else having this problem? I think I'm gonna email Capcom about this.

I wish Sodom was included in the game... I like to Sodom-ized the losers lmao

[quote name='shaneatlh']Can someone please tell me who the costumes are for with the Collector's edition DLC. Thanks
-Shane[/quote]

It comes with the Brawler Pack - Zangief, E.Honda, Rufus, El Fuerte, and Abel costumes

[quote name='SakBee']This is odd, but I tried to download the free dlc costume and it is saying the code is invalid? Anyone else having this problem? I think I'm gonna email Capcom about this. [/quote]

Yeah, others including me have had the same error, it's most likely because the pack won't be up until tomorrow when the PSN store updates.

Also, to all the fuckers who keep using Blanka online and get me in a corner, and then electrocute me to death....fuck you and the horse you rode in. That is all.

yes i just kicked seths ass with m.bison after 3 tries.
i cannot use c.viper for the life of me.
sigh after i learned how to use charge characters i cannot really use circle characters boo

Does anyone know where the PS3 Collectors Edition is still available - shows sold out on Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc ... anyone know where in San Jose, CA or online stock?

[quote name='sbains']Does anyone know where the PS3 Collectors Edition is still available - shows sold out on Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc ... anyone know where in San Jose, CA or online stock?[/quote]
ur best bet is to post this in the Northern CAli thread or wahtever it is...
gl finding it

[quote name='Ecofreak']You'll most likely get owned for several weeks until the player Tiers start to spread out, as you're fighting both pros and newbies since the game just came out. Expect more pros/experienced players to hop on during this weekend.

So don't take it too seriously when playing online or focus more on training so you're prepared to jump in against real players. Good luck![/quote]

Thanks! Yea I just get frustrated because I'm so competitive with everything else. I'm a sore loser, what can I say? lol. Thanks again for the advice and the encouragement! :D

I'm using the PS2 15th anniversary controller to play SF IV and going back to using the DualShock's d-pad is weird, I'm horrible with the regular d-pad now.

bread's done
Back