Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition FightSticks - 129.99 @ Amazon

what trend are you speaking of? damn now I'm tempted to cancel my 2k10 anniversary edition preorder and get this instead with my 50% off coupon...

Great stick I had it "disconnect" twice on me which is something to do with the cord, but replacing the break away cable seemed to fix the problem. I know I had a non-responsive button once but the break away cable again fixed that. If this lasts me a few years I might actually buy another Madcatz TE by then.

The insanely stupid hype for these sticks when they first came out was the killer, and now the price should start to go down more. Hoping someday these become $100 or less rather then $150.

I don't believe these sticks are that limited so even more price drops will come. They will keep making them as long as they are in demand. I saw about 20 of them in store here at the Fry's

[quote name='backseatdog']$120 now, how awesome is that![/QUOTE]

$129.99 shows for me.

$110 and I am in!

-65.00 50% off trade-in coupon
-13.00 ECA discount
-50.75 game trade-ins
______

Awesome deal, glad I saved my 50% coupon until now. I almost ordered one last week!

Just in case Amazon's stock runs low:

Buy.com has the stick for $132.47 (XBOX360) and $129.99 (PS3), free shipping.

I can't post the links because I'm a new user, apparently.

FINALLY! I remember when they went down in price a month or so ago, and I didnt have my 50% off credit. Patience pays off!

The actual cost of these at least for Best Buy Employees is $102.36 per arcade stick. Discount is 5% above cost of the actual product. So when Amazon or Buy.com marks these down $20. They are still making $30+ per stick on them. As far as them being $100 or below, I highly doubt that will happen as they are still selling quite well at full price and even better if they are slightly discounted being $20 off. The retailers are still making plenty of money off of them at $20 off. They're great sticks anyway you want to look at it though.

[quote name='oasisboy']How can I get a 50% off coupon?[/QUOTE]

It's from a previous Trade-In promotion Amazon was offering last month. This month's promotion is trade-in $60 worth of games, receive an additional $30 :/

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']It's from a previous Trade-In promotion Amazon was offering last month. This month's promotion is trade-in $60 worth of games, receive an additional $30 :/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and compared to the first couple, I don't think this one is that great!

[quote name='arthritisarty']Hopefully! But I kind of doubt that, since they just released the same thing, without SFIV art, for 150 new.

I do want another SFIV one for the house though. I'm sick of my friends complaining, saying the only reason I'm winning is cause I use the stick.

Especially when we switch controllers and I beat em with the shitty 360 d-pad.
Haha I'm proud that I'm really good at something :)[/QUOTE]

I don't think I would ever buy 2. I would tell them to go buy their own damn te stick.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I don't think I would ever buy 2. I would tell them to go buy their own damn te stick.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I also want to have a true arcade experience in my gameroom.

Call me crazy, but if I ever have 130 to burn, this is where it'll go.

I have been waiting for the price to drop on these for a while to pick one up, but i finally caved and bought one last week now it drops:wall:

[quote name='chillin23']I have been waiting for the price to drop on these for a while to pick one up, but i finally caved and bought one last week now it drops:wall:[/QUOTE]
If it was just last week, I'd try asking Amazon for a price adjustment.

[quote name='Strifekw']If it was just last week, I'd try asking Amazon for a price adjustment.[/QUOTE]

You could try, but please note that Amazon no longer does price adjustment. I think it was like last September or whatever when it happened. I guess because of their sporadic pricing that can go really low one day and then back to regular the next.

Hah, ordered one a couple weeks ago, but with 50% off coupon, so only $10 overall in savings on this. Been having a blast with it and MvC2, SFIV, and Blazblue. Definitely a whole new experience after using the 360 controller for months.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Great stick I had it "disconnect" twice on me which is something to do with the cord, but replacing the break away cable seemed to fix the problem. I know I had a non-responsive button once but the break away cable again fixed that. If this lasts me a few years I might actually buy another Madcatz TE by then.

The insanely stupid hype for these sticks when they first came out was the killer, and now the price should start to go down more. Hoping someday these become $100 or less rather then $150.[/QUOTE]Have you had any other problems with the stick? I heard that some people were really getting some shoddy sticks.

[quote name='HatchbackMustang']Have you had any other problems with the stick? I heard that some people were really getting some shoddy sticks.[/QUOTE]
ive had this stick since like.. april
and i've had zero problems.

still functioning flawlessly.

[quote name='Furashu']ive had this stick since like.. april
and i've had zero problems.

still functioning flawlessly.[/QUOTE]

Same here, not to say I haven't heard of them breaking but out of the two I have neither has done anything weird.

I shot amazon an email about price adjusted from the $150 I bought it at a short time ago to the current price. Not getting my hopes but I have nothing to lose.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I shot amazon an email about price adjusted from the $150 I bought it at a short time ago to the current price. Not getting my hopes but I have nothing to lose.[/QUOTE]

Gah, my $150 one arrived yesterday. Stupid me and stupid Amazon. I'll email them later today.

I finally bit on this. I have a Hori ex pro already, but with amazon 50 off code and eca it was 52 bucks. Still if I never discovered CAG I'd be 52 bucks richer for this purchase and for many other instances! hehehe.

Hmm - I just ordered one of these 2 weeks ago for the 360 when it was at the $149.99 price point. Is there any way to get Amazon to refund me the extra dough I would have saved? I'm not familiar with their pricing policy.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']what trend are you speaking of? damn now I'm tempted to cancel my 2k10 anniversary edition preorder and get this instead with my 50% off coupon...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, maybe "trend" is the incorrect word. What i'm saying is, this TE stick used to be hard to find and buying at face price of $150 was a good deal. Now, it's showing up $120-$130 a number of times, so who knows?

[quote name='Dogmeat26']I finally bit on this. I have a Hori ex pro already, but with amazon 50 off code and eca it was 52 bucks. Still if I never discovered CAG I'd be 52 bucks richer for this purchase and for many other instances! hehehe.[/QUOTE]

how did u get the amazon 50% off code???

Ouch, $100+? I'm finally interested in a joystick, but things have changed since NES Advantage. Is this comparable to HRAP3 SA? Do you think they'll reprint them?

[quote name='Gamelore']Ouch, $100+? I'm finally interested in a joystick, but things have changed since NES Advantage. Is this comparable to HRAP3 SA? Do you think they'll reprint them?[/QUOTE]
Easily comparable, if not slightly better. MadCatz has stated that they will continue to make the TE sticks as long as there is demand, but possibly at some point they may go with generic art instead of the SFIV branding.

[quote name='Gamelore']Ouch, $100+? I'm finally interested in a joystick, but things have changed since NES Advantage. Is this comparable to HRAP3 SA? Do you think they'll reprint them?[/QUOTE]

And remember, the Advantage was $40 in 1987, back when $40 really meant something! ($75 in today's money, according to the inflation calculator)

Seriously though, these are great sticks, and definitely worth a look if you play fighting games much.

bread's done
Back