Street Fighter V Collector's Editon - $66 on Amazon

Damn the value of this game in general is dropping hard
I wish your comment was true but It has been a month and a half and it still hasn't broken under 50 for the standard anywhere. The CE is just pure fluff anyway considering it doesn't even come with the season pass. It's insane the value is still so high considering how hard it bombed selling less than Naruto in February NPD.

Virtually every game hits 40 in the first month the past several years and this hasn't had any sale of note yet. The only deal on this game was using the GCU before launch then dumping the Cammy preorder DLC costume for 20-30 on ebay. I'm glad to have taken that route but I have 4 friends who are waiting on the first sale to jump in since the core game is actually extremely fun and honest. By the time there's a decent sale, SF5 will almost actually be a full game at this rate.

Ugh, they really didn't include the season pass in the CE? I really like the core game, but I'm disappointed, especially with the lack of single player content and even the update today feels kinda cheap. The premium costumes were also leaked today, and it turns out the pre-order costumes are probably not even exclusive, since the 4 chars have the same costumes as the ones that were pre-order bonuses. Meaning most likely you can buy them from the store... for like 4 bucks.

But it's still fun regardless, would love to try out the 8-player lobbies this weekend with some CAGs if they are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game itself isn't bad (you pick fighters and you punch and kick and you can even do it online!)

Thats all that really matters to be perfectly honest, everything else "time trials, survival mode, arcade mode, ect" is just fluff. The servers could use some work but imo the game itself is fine. For non hardcore players, they need the extra fluff to justify the purchase.

I wish your comment was true but It has been a month and a half and it still hasn't broken under 50 for the standard anywhere. The CE is just pure fluff anyway considering it doesn't even come with the season pass. It's insane the value is still so high considering how hard it bombed selling less than Naruto in February NPD.

Virtually every game hits 40 in the first month the past several years and this hasn't had any sale of note yet. The only deal on this game was using the GCU before launch then dumping the Cammy preorder DLC costume for 20-30 on ebay. I'm glad to have taken that route but I have 4 friends who are waiting on the first sale to jump in since the core game is actually extremely fun and honest. By the time there's a decent sale, SF5 will almost actually be a full game at this rate.
Well there was that one time Amazon sold it for $9 for a few minutes lol

My buddy plays this and he sucks at fighting games. I haven't played any in a long time. I'm just waiting for Tekken 7 to be released to console before I get back into the scene.

the actual fighting in sfV is pretty fun but everything else in the game is shit, not to surprising demand fell, waiting for it to be fully launched

Just a bit curious, what do people think should be in the game so that it will be considered fully launched? An arcade mode, a cinematic story, or more characters? I personally would love a full-fledged story mode like in MKX or Blazblue. I don't think an arcade mode is necessary though. Would also love the survival mode to be revamped, to something like P4AU's Golden Arena mode. 

Characters like Zangief don't seem finished...or he is just complete shit. They also need more stages like Bustling Side Street. It has interactions in the background and stage transitions (cancelled because they rushed the game), the other stages feel incomplete in comparison from lighting to background. The reveal with Chun Li & Ryu was amazing, everything presentation and content wise after that has been downhill, game won't be complete until June.

The game itself isn't bad (you pick fighters and you punch and kick and you can even do it online!)

Thats all that really matters to be perfectly honest, everything else "time trials, survival mode, arcade mode, ect" is just fluff. The servers could use some work but imo the game itself is fine. For non hardcore players, they need the extra fluff to justify the purchase.
Considering it was hard to practice against anything other than training mode cpu, other features are indeed needed. I'm playing and training for tournaments, but it's hard without humans. Hopefully today changes that some.

I already have the game on pc, will buy for the statue at 50.

I knew this would tank in an instant. Main stream fighting game CEs don't tend to hold their value at all and that goes double for ones that have statues.

It sucks to see SFV fall on its face like this. Is the game just bad? Or are people not interested? Shame either way, I didn't touch it because I hardly turn my playstation on. If the base game gets any lower I'll just grab it.

The game itself is fine, it just had a rocky launch for its first month.

The new patch was added today, adding trials/challenges and tutorials. Alex the first DLC character is out this week as well. 8 player lobbies are in with spectator mode. As of now the only thing missing is the cinematic story mode which will be a free dlc download in june or so.

But yeah, everything that should have been there to be a "complete" game on day one is patched as of now.

Go get it. Have fun.

It sucks to see SFV fall on its face like this. Is the game just bad? Or are people not interested? Shame either way, I didn't touch it because I hardly turn my playstation on. If the base game gets any lower I'll just grab it.
You should wait until they fix matchmaking. It takes 2-5 minutes to find a match on average and the loading times are hell. A lot of teleporting from rollback/bad server code during online matches needs to be fixed as well, and there is no penalty for ragequitting...

The actual fighting itself is amazing though. Don't pick it up YET unless you're a fighting game enthusiast that just wants to go online and use training mode. Story mode can be finished in 20-45mins tops, colors is locked behind survival and the roster is pretty small at the moment.

Indarkened said:
It was most likely launched early for competitive players to start practicing for competitions coming up soon. The features missing are more for casual players or newer players. They drive the game sales at launch, so with those features missing the game did not sell well. Competitive players will keep the game alive for at least a few years, but Capcom missed an opportunity to make much more money at launch. Maybe they could have kept having more betas, but have them actually be the full game instead of launching the game without the casual features.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/03/10/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-4-outsold-street-fighter-v-on-playstation-4/#ifrndnloc

Naruto came out on two systems so of course it will do better overall, but SFV did do better than naruto on ps4. NPD corrected their mistake. The collectors edition was lacking though. Glad I passed. The ryu figure is legit, but the bonus goodies are dumb.

Is this game really that bad?

Its actually a solid fighter and I am enjoying it. Only downside is its a little light on content, but that will change as they add more to it. And stuff can be unlocked so it isnt like they made it light and only selling more content as DLC for cash.

It had a rocky launch but they seem to have fixed it up now.

I rented SFV and had a lot of fun online. Capcom probably should have released it digital only and waited for the "super" or "ultra" near-complete version to put it on disc at retail around Christmas 2016.  The gameplay is solid, the network code is good, support for PS3 fight-sticks was welcomed (though configuring it manually in menus was annoying).

Even though I'm a huge and long-time SF fan, I'm not competitive anymore.

Things that have enticed me to wait for a discounted version:

- Inevitable Super/Ultra/Turbo version.

- Lack of Arcade mode

- Lack of Practice mode

- Unsure how much time or money it will take to unlock new characters (so far seems like a lot)

- There's really nothing on the disc, I'm going to wait for a Digital version sale on PSN/PS+

- I already have Ultra SFIV, which is complete, with a full roster, and still fun.

When I say nothing on the disc, I think there is already MORE forced DLC than the actual original disc install.

What's the point of even having a disc in the drive anyway if the game only uses it for DRM...

Naruto was released on both the One and PS4. Not to mention, it was released almost two weeks before Street Fighter V.

I rented SFV and had a lot of fun online. Capcom probably should have released it digital only and waited for the "super" or "ultra" near-complete version to put it on disc at retail around Christmas 2016. The gameplay is solid, the network code is good, support for PS3 fight-sticks was welcomed (though configuring it manually in menus was annoying).

Even though I'm a huge and long-time SF fan, I'm not competitive anymore.

Things that have enticed me to wait for a discounted version:

- Inevitable Super/Ultra/Turbo version.

- Lack of Arcade mode

- Lack of Practice mode

- Unsure how much time or money it will take to unlock new characters (so far seems like a lot)

- There's really nothing on the disc, I'm going to wait for a Digital version sale on PSN/PS+

- I already have Ultra SFIV, which is complete, with a full roster, and still fun.

When I say nothing on the disc, I think there is already MORE forced DLC than the actual original disc install.

What's the point of even having a disc in the drive anyway if the game only uses it for DRM...
Lack of practice mode? It has training mode with replay recording and trials (although they are pretty useless). It doesn't take very long if you want to unlock alex. Each "story mode" takes like 10 mins at most and are ridiculously easy. Even a child could beat them. Beat 10 of them and you get alex.

Given the game content is garbage with no offline mode almost. Capcom shot themselves in the foot by releasing it before the game was finished.

Naruto was released on both the One and PS4. Not to mention, it was released almost two weeks before Street Fighter V.
I was actually referring to just the PS4 version which was incorrectly reported the first night of NPD that Naruto had sold more than SF5 on PS4 alone. Whodoneit was nice enough to link the corrected article showing that SF5 did narrowly beat Naruto the first month which I hadn't seen. Even so that is a horrendous showing for a (previously) major franchise and reflects poorly since Naruto had its sales split across an extra platform and still almost beat SF5 even when considering Naruto's head start.

Hopefully the patch yesterday and continued support gets people to take a second look. Glad to see at least the CE has dropped, hoping the standard edition follows soon for more than a few minutes.

I'm surprised gamers haven't learned yet. I'd say only about 5 percent of the CEs are ever actually rare.
The problem is knowing what will be rare. This is still here and cheaper but when it came to SFIV's I couldn't find it till a nice person posted amazon got more. I was screwed out my pre order till that person helped.

btw how long will this last and anyone think it worth it for the price is right now?

I'm surprised gamers haven't learned yet. I'd say only about 5 percent of the CEs are ever actually rare.
Thats the way its supposed to be. Its a collectors edition which never implies that it is rare. If there is a small production run of a game, then it most likely would be called a limited edition, but even then some of those can be had easily as well and arent as limited as one is led to believe. Buy for the game itself and not for rarity.

Cheaper by the minute.  

I've faith that Capcom will treat this is well as they are able in the coming months, but it's still a right turd weeks after launch.  I tried again after the "march update" and still got booted out of a survival run when I failed to connect to an online game.  *ugh*

bread's done
Back