Street Fighter X Tekken (360/PS3) $44.99 @ Newegg

bosoxdanc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys,
Just got an e-mail from Newegg about Street Fighter X Tekken. $44.99 with free shipping. The deal started today, and according to the e-mail the promotion is going on for 48 hours only.

Use promo code EMCYTZT1116

Xbox 360 version

PS3 version

As this is my first deal thread, please let me know if anything is wrong.
-Dan

Thanks OP!!!
Was waiting for a deal on this after they announced Bad Box Art Megaman and Pac Man.
The 5 exclusive characters really sealed the deal for me.

Any SF nut will pick this up on day 1, still not as bad paying the $50 every time ahh the SF 2 days...

What capcom needs to do is work on a new megaman game already....

I'm glad to see Newegg offering pre-order price discounts as an incentive. Sadly the xbox version has no exclusive characters so I'm going to pass for now as I'm not a huge fight fan.

Bleh, I was going to order this but shoprunner isn't valid on it and I'm not going to pay the luxury tax of $19 shipping. That's more than it will be locally.

[quote name='CaoPi']Tempting but I think they'll announce SF X Tekken Ultimate AE a few months after this releases![/QUOTE]

This

Capcom has already shown their cards. Already screwed me with Street Fighter 4, Then with Super Street Fighter 4, then Ultimate Marvel v Capcom 3. Ill wait for it to be bargain bin.

[quote name='CaoPi']Tempting but I think they'll announce SF X Tekken Ultimate AE a few months after this releases![/QUOTE]I think they're understanding that people are playing the waiting game & their golden goose of re-re-releases aren't going to fly anymore UNLESS they really really add to the game but even then.:roll:

[quote name='mrbomb']Also according to Ono there will be no "super" version just dlc similar to arcade edition (which came on disc too but that's beside the point)

http://gematsu.com/2011/11/interview-yoshinori-ono-on-street-fighter-x-tekken-fighting-games[/QUOTE]
The fact that they even have to announce it shows there's a big problem.
What do you have to say to consumers who aren’t purchasing Street Fighter X Tekken in March because they’re waiting for a ‘Super Street Fighter X Tekken‘?
If we decide to create a new version of the game, we will go with the Street Fighter IV series route, by providing online update patches for the game. So I would say that you don’t really need to worry about a new version of the game coming out. If we choose to update the game, it will be done in the same fashion as Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition [laugh].

I placed a preorder for the 360 one because I always felt it played better online on Live than on PSN. Their fighting games feel way slower on the PS3. Other than that, people should just jump the gun and get this if you're a fighting fan. 45 ain't going to kill you if you get games at Newegg without tax and the game usually comes in 2 to 3 days in the mail.

What I don't understand is why these companies like Capcom/SNK always release their fighting games with major big games aka Mass Effect 3. Why couldn't they push this a week earlier before ME3's release? I'll never understand that or just release it in April where there isn't much in that month besides Witcher 2 from what I know. Regardless, 45 is damn good price homey.

[quote name='CaoPi']Any SF nut will pick this up on day 1, still not as bad paying the $50 every time ahh the SF 2 days...

What capcom needs to do is work on a new megaman game already....[/QUOTE]
Would Mega Man X Street Fighter X Tekken suffice? Just kidding.

Damn newegg for making me re-consider my amazon pre-order on the special edition. Can I pre-order on newegg and then decide to cancel it later on?

[quote name='Cris92x']Damn newegg for making me re-consider my amazon pre-order on the special edition. Can I pre-order on newegg and then decide to cancel it later on?[/QUOTE]

Yes sir, go to account settings and there should be a Preorder or whatever on the left hand side. Best to cancel it by March 1st just to play it safe. Got more than a month to think about canceling so we're good to go.

Before anyone ask or IF SOMEONE DOES READ MY POST ...... they charge when the game ships and it will at least take 2 to 3 days for the game to come in the mail. Gets shipped Tuesday, might come in Thursday or Friday. Depends where they start shipping the game, they usually ship from NJ or CA.

Thanks OP. I'm super excited for the game and I really wanted to play it day 1, but my wallet is telling me I can wait 3 days to save $15.

Or maybe I'll just buy it Day 1 from Best Buy or something and then return my Newegg copy back to Best Buy... Hmmm....

Screw Capcom. They got me to buy Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV, and Marvel vs Capcom 3 CE. Fool me three times, shame on me. Cool me for times, shame on you.

[quote name='elessar123']Screw Capcom. They got me to buy Street Fighter IV, Super Street Fighter IV, and Marvel vs Capcom 3 CE. Fool me three times, shame on me. Cool me for times, shame on you.[/QUOTE]

Cool you for times?

newegg has been killing it with these preorder prices.. i wasn't even going to get this but now that i see it's $45 and TxSF & TTT2 are a long ways away I might reconsider..

[quote name='GUNNM']Mega man isn't even on the xbox version fuck this game[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he'll end up being as DLC in a month or two fanboy.

If you ask me everybody should have known there was going to be a super street fighter. Capcom really screwed us over with mvc3. I bought the limited edition knowing that the mvc series wasn't known for being revised(hell it was a decade since mvc2). I figured if they did have a major update I could just buy it through dlc like sf4. Then 6 months into the game they announce ultimate and that its disc only. Sure it was about another 6 months until it's release but how could I take the game seriously knowing there would be a major revision? From what I heard they don't even include Jill and Shumath (which were on the disc to begin with).

Sure there might not be a major update for SXT(I don't trust anything capcom says) but at the very least they'll release a version with all the dlc and gems included. I'll wait for that.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']If you ask me everybody should have known there was going to be a super street fighter. Capcom really screwed us over with mvc3. I bought the limited edition knowing that the mvc series wasn't known for being revised(hell it was a decade since mvc2). I figured if they did have a major update I could just buy it through dlc like sf4. Then 6 months into the game they announce ultimate and that its disc only. Sure it was about another 6 months until it's release but how could I take the game seriously knowing there would be a major revision? From what I heard they don't even include Jill and Shumath (which were on the disc to begin with).

Sure there might not be a major update for SXT(I don't trust anything capcom says) but at the very least they'll release a version with all the dlc and gems included. I'll wait for that.[/QUOTE]

You can blame Marvel as much or more than Capcom for the MvC3 mess.

They aren't making a stand alone update ala UMvC3 but it's almost guaranteed that they will release a "GOTY"/complete edition with all the DLC.

[quote name='antlp89']They aren't making a stand alone update ala UMvC3 but it's almost guaranteed that they will release a "GOTY"/complete edition with all the DLC.[/QUOTE]

I'll just wait on that. I suck online, so the online community isn't a factor in my purchase.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']If you ask me everybody should have known there was going to be a super street fighter.[/QUOTE]

Yes, which is why I bought it. It's the Arcade Edition that was a surprise, and a kick to the nuts.

[quote name='gacktplays']Thanks OP!!!
Was waiting for a deal on this after they announced Bad Box Art Megaman and Pac Man.
The 5 exclusive characters really sealed the deal for me.[/QUOTE]

Mega Man & PAC-Man are exclusive to the Vita version.

Edit: My bad but even Capcom had to clarify that they were also in the PS3 version since they were originally shown in a trailer for the Vita version.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']Yes, which is why I bought it. It's the Arcade Edition that was a surprise, and a kick to the nuts.[/QUOTE]

But u didn't have to buy the disc on it, you could do a $15 download and keep your SSF 4 disc.

[quote name='MSUHitman']But u didn't have to buy the disc on it, you could do a $15 download and keep your SSF 4 disc.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSUHitman']Mega Man & PAC-Man are exclusive to the Vita version.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect, they are exclusive to the PS3 and Vita versions.

[quote name='MSUHitman']But u didn't have to buy the disc on it, you could do a $15 download and keep your SSF 4 disc.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Yes sir, go to account settings and there should be a Preorder or whatever on the left hand side. Best to cancel it by March 1st just to play it safe. Got more than a month to think about canceling so we're good to go.

Before anyone ask or IF SOMEONE DOES READ MY POST ...... they charge when the game ships and it will at least take 2 to 3 days for the game to come in the mail. Gets shipped Tuesday, might come in Thursday or Friday. Depends where they start shipping the game, they usually ship from NJ or CA.[/QUOTE]

I got Skyrim from NewEgg on the release date. They ship out a day before release so if you are close to the shipping center, you could very well have it the day of release.

Anyway, was waiting for a deal on this so I'm in for $45.

To everyone in this thread: Capcom has already announced this is the only disc release for this title ever. All updates will be done via DLC.
If you are waiting for a second disc release you are wasting your time, which is exactly why Capcom announced this.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']I placed a preorder for the 360 one because I always felt it played better online on Live than on PSN. Their fighting games feel way slower on the PS3. [/QUOTE]
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way about playing fighting games online on the PS3 (and I prefer the Xbox 360's dpad over the PS3's arrows).

Also, this:

[quote name='SDC']To everyone in this thread: Capcom has already announced this is the only disc release for this title ever. All updates will be done via DLC.
If you are waiting for a second disc release you are wasting your time, which is exactly why Capcom announced this.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, haters gonna hate.

[quote name='mrbomb']Thinking of going this route instead of free gems from amazon (meh gems). BBA Mega Man with a gut makes this a day one purchase for me.

Also according to Ono there will be no "super" version just dlc similar to arcade edition (which came on disc too but that's beside the point)

http://gematsu.com/2011/11/interview-yoshinori-ono-on-street-fighter-x-tekken-fighting-games[/QUOTE]
They said the same thing for Marvel vs Capcom 3. Capcom can't be trusted.

bread's done
Back