Street Fighter X Tekken - New characters, trailers, gameplay from Comic-Con 2011

SF x Tekken sounds like a huge crossover that no one actually asked for in the first place. I just wonder how many Tekken characters wind up having projectiles.

I know SF VS MK was said on page one but I have to agree. I would like to see the two biggest fighting games from the 90s go head to head with Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat. I know it will never happen and would piss off a lot of fans but I would like to see it. Sucks they don't make games for me. If only I had lots of money to spend. Then I could pay them to make it.

The actual idea of this sucks. One dominates 3D and the other dominates 2D....

But it probably won't change the fact I'll get it day 1, cause I don't think there's one Tekken game I haven't played... including Tekken Advance, and excluding that Nina spin-off =P

Holy Ballz..... :drool: Day -1 purchase! Big fan of both names, do want! Game play wise the two are very different, I'm interested to see how they mess but again.... :drool::drool::drool::drool:

The question is though, which game do you want more: Street Fighter x Tekken or Tekken x Street Fighter?

I'll admit it'd be weird seeing SF in a 3D arena. So, I'll definitely be more interested in SF x Tekken

SF X T = Day one.

T X SF = Never.

Nice try Namco but my interest in Tekken died after Tag Tournament for good reason. So long as Capcom doesn't royally screw up Kazuya or Heihachi I'm on board. Oh, and if they could make Jin a Dan tier character I'd love them forever.

[quote name='sendme']Hold on so 2 are coming out? or is it just one game?[/QUOTE]
Two games.

Street Fighter X Tekken - what you saw. 2D based off the SFIV engine with Tekken characters added to the mix. Developed by Capcom.

Tekken X Street Fighter - nothing officially has been announced but it'll most likely be 3D based on T6 engine with SF chars added to the mix. Developed by Namco.

I don't think the two companies are communicating with each other either - they are being developed independently of one another. Kind of like Cap vs SNK / SNK vs Cap was.

First of All Mortal Kombat has to always be a stand alone because its in its own class altogether. Even though i like both Mortal kombat and street fighter, i would think, it would make for a horrible game hence mortal kombat vs dc universe. SF x Tekken is a must have for me because they made it with capcom SF IV engine But Tekken X SF (which i think is what namco vs Capcom is going to be using the tekken engine) is a no for me. SF in 3D like Tekken would be a Fail, they need to stay half way 2.5D with SF4 engine. BTW if you know how to use your character regardless of which game you favor it doesn't matter if you have projectiles or not ...hence many SNK characters that can kick your ass all over the place.

[quote name='sendme']I know SF VS MK was said on page one but I have to agree. I would like to see the two biggest fighting games from the 90s go head to head with Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat. I know it will never happen and would piss off a lot of fans but I would like to see it. Sucks they don't make games for me. If only I had lots of money to spend. Then I could pay them to make it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jaredstorm']The question is though, which game do you want more: Street Fighter x Tekken or Tekken x Street Fighter?

I'll admit it'd be weird seeing SF in a 3D arena. So, I'll definitely be more interested in SF x Tekken[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mafia']SF x Tekken sounds like a huge crossover that no one actually asked for in the first place. I just wonder how many Tekken characters wind up having projectiles.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='phantasyx']this could mean I might have a chance at beating people at SF

But I'd rather see, blazblue vs street fighter.[/QUOTE]

First of All Mortal Kombat has to always be a stand alone because its in its own class altogether. Even though i like both Mortal kombat and street fighter, i would think, it would make for a horrible game hence mortal kombat vs dc universe. SF x Tekken is a must have for me because they made it with capcom SF IV engine But Tekken X SF (which i think is what namco vs Capcom is going to be using the tekken engine) is a no for me. SF in 3D like Tekken would be a Fail, they need to stay half way 2.5D with SF4 engine. BTW if you know how to use your character regardless of which game you favor it doesn't matter if you have projectiles or not ...hence many SNK characters that can kick your ass all over the place. As for Blazblue ... id like to see them face off with guilty gear first or all three go at it lol but thats 2D and trust me i would love seeing all games duke it out ..that y i play mugen.

Add me to the list that would still rather see the real "dream match" game of MK vs SF. I don't buy the "the styles don't match" argument. With all the other crossovers there have been in the last few years, there's no reason it wouldn't work with a competent development team behind it.

Was feeling a little disappointed lately because the more I see Marvel vs. Capcom 3 the less it interests me, but I could see myself picking up both of these. Haven't played a Tekken game regularly since 3. I hope they put a little more effort into the presentation of the SF vs Tekken game linked on the first page though. It looks like SFIV with a downloadable Tekken pack or something. They don't need to reinvent the wheel, but come on.

Ah, can't wait for this game. Just caught wind of the game play footage. Amazing is all I kept thinking. A day one purchase for myself as well.

wow looks really awesome...at the same time, capcom has so much SFIV spin offs and sequals etc that by the time the next one comes out It'll be one of those game you just wait for your buddies to buy and/or get when it's on clearance. I'll probably get it but I'm definitely not going to get it for full MSRP even w/ a $20 GC.

[quote name='cheko']First of All Mortal Kombat has to always be a stand alone because its in its own class altogether. Even though i like both Mortal kombat and street fighter, i would think, it would make for a horrible game hence mortal kombat vs dc universe. SF x Tekken is a must have for me because they made it with capcom SF IV engine But Tekken X SF (which i think is what namco vs Capcom is going to be using the tekken engine) is a no for me. SF in 3D like Tekken would be a Fail, they need to stay half way 2.5D with SF4 engine. BTW if you know how to use your character regardless of which game you favor it doesn't matter if you have projectiles or not ...hence many SNK characters that can kick your ass all over the place. As for Blazblue ... id like to see them face off with guilty gear first or all three go at it lol but thats 2D and trust me i would love seeing all games duke it out ..that y i play mugen.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see Arcana Heart vs BlazBlue myself...

And Virtual Fighter vs Tekken also makes more sense.

[quote name='bs000']
340x.gif
[/QUOTE]

Heh, this.

[quote name='phantasyx']But I'd rather see, blazblue vs street fighter.[/QUOTE]

THIS!

Ragna vs. Akuma
Noel vs. Cammy
Tager vs. Zangief
Toakaka vs. Chun-Li

I wantttt!

[quote name='KaneRobot']Add me to the list that would still rather see the real "dream match" game of MK vs SF. I don't buy the "the styles don't match" argument. With all the other crossovers there have been in the last few years, there's no reason it wouldn't work with a competent development team behind it.

Was feeling a little disappointed lately because the more I see Marvel vs. Capcom 3 the less it interests me, but I could see myself picking up both of these. Haven't played a Tekken game regularly since 3. I hope they put a little more effort into the presentation of the SF vs Tekken game linked on the first page though. It looks like SFIV with a downloadable Tekken pack or something. They don't need to reinvent the wheel, but come on.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong if they made it i would get it. I pretty much own all fighting games but fatalities / murder in Streetfighter and anything else other than motal kombat or killer instinct i dont know...its not going to be believable that most of the streetfighter cast can kill....even in mk vs dc they made the super heroes not kill they did herioc brutality lol....mk & killer instinct should go at it though lol ....personally i love the vibrancy of 2D and remakes of oldschool fighting games into a HD sprites,have a 2D battle royal with high frame rates and combo chains would be awesome. Guilty Gear/ Blazblue/ Streetfighter 2,3 /Arcana heart/ i wish they would bring back Rival School complete cast... man i love 2D fighters / Snk,samurai shodown, fatal fury ,king of fighters man i can go on and on.....never really new why virtua fighter and tekken didn't duke it out ...but in my opinion tekken would F up virtua fighter.

capcom should just make it tekken and have it use the SFIV engine and I'd orgasm over that game and I'd rather buy that game than namco's own tekken game.

watching jin move in SFIV graphics/engine and his fast combo was nice. i liked the distance as well more view of the action. again id prefer a tekken made by capcom

[quote name='timesplitt']capcom should just make it tekken and have it use the SFIV engine and I'd orgasm over that game and I'd rather buy that game than namco's own tekken game.

watching jin move in SFIV graphics/engine and his fast combo was nice. i liked the distance as well more view of the action. again id prefer a tekken made by capcom[/QUOTE]

That wasn't Jin. It was Kazuya.

Just hope Dan is still in it after seeing him "dead" in that trailer.

Also I concur: rather see Street Fighter vs Blaz Blue, but I'll take Tekken.

i wish SFIV graphics texture detail was a little better up close. i have no other complaints about the engine or graphics than that. luckly 98% of the game is at a distance and FAST

Yea me too... it'll be interesting to see what characters are included in what games...

I bet the Namco version has Evil Ryu, Violent Ken, Shin Akuma, Super Old Gouken, Devil Jin, Devil Kazuya.. Devil Heihachi, and Super Old Devil Jinpachi.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yea me too... it'll be interesting to see what characters are included in what games...

I bet the Namco version has Evil Ryu, Violent Ken, Shin Akuma, Super Old Gouken, Devil Jin, Devil Kazuya.. Devil Heihachi, and Super Old Devil Jinpachi.[/QUOTE]

hahah Super Old Gouken :applause: but seriously that was great man! What about Angel Ryu,Dark Ken,Dark Chun-li and Shin Dan:D

i just want to pair up Steve fox and Paul phoenix and kick some street fighter ass.

im wondering how ultras(double team) will be pulled off. will you have to press a button or buttons and if location positioning will be a factor.

In the Gamescom vid, it looks like you can dive roll (not sure how to call it, Ryu does it at 0:38). Wonder if there are any special properties with that move.

bread's done
Back