Strell's Lowball: Slowly sending packages out. Thanks everyone!

[quote name='Strell']

I wish this orange doughnut would stop talking to me though. :[ I don't have its headphones. Who took its headphones? I'm looking in your direction, Mad D.[/QUOTE]

This means I'm getting my stuff last :lol:

As of this posting, I have everyone's shipping information except for Fire_Thief, who I will be PMing in a minute.

If your name has an asterisk next to it, it means that I am missing some piece of information. For most people this is simply their name, but it's not a big deal at this time. I figure more people will have that information in their Paypal notices or whatever, and really I only need the zipping address to get shipping costs.

I haven't gotten around to the few people up in Canada (ejamer and spike32), nor Bragarb down in Argentina. But I'm hoping to clear those up within the next day or two at the most.

Otherwise I'm working on sending out invoices with shipping costs to everyone. So just be aware for that is all - this week is remarkably less busy than the previous two, so I'm planning on getting most things in the mail/sent quickly.

1. 62t*
  2. Alastor
  3. Arakias
  4. backseatdog
  5. Blade
  6. Bragarb07
  7. Bronson-Lee
  8. Chakan
  9. chimpian
  10. cranguy
  11. ctclements*
  12. dallow*
  13. dim2192
  14. dodgeme
  15. Doomstink
  16. Dr Mario Kart
  17. dragonjud
  18. DrgnAK
  19. EarthboundX5*
  20. ejamer
  21. elessar123
  22. flameofdoom666
  23. flare1185*
  24. Frankski
  25. GogetaSS4
  26. Halo05
  27. hero101*
  28. Ivanhood
  29. Jack*
  30. jbroush99
  31. JJSP*
  32. jousley
  33. juvo
  34. kipz
  35. koretex
  36. kyl181
  37. LaraCroftsLeftBoob
  38. Lightning Bolt
  39. Lilboo
  40. lolwut?
  41. Mad D
  42. mbradley1992
  43. mis0
  44. mr_btw
  45. MrNEWZ
  46. newlu
  47. Nightfox31
  48. OldSchool77
  49. Phil
  50. phoenix529
  51. playing_poker
  52. Rodimus
  53. Rozz
  54. Shady3011
  55. Shaq-Funaki
  56. skylinersx*
  57. SL4IN
  58. snakelda
  59. soonersfan60
  60. spamfree2
  61. spike32
  62. StarknightX
  63. SteveMcQ
  64. SuppaMan
  65. tbassett
  66. The Nephilim
  67. Vinny
  68. ViolentLee
  69. visual_death
  70. Vulgarism
  71. wickedasp
  72. ZerotypeX

Still missing from:
  1. Fire_Thief

Full list of bidders, sorted alphabetically for reference sake:
62t
Alastor
Arakias
backseatdog
Blade
Bragarb07
Bronson-Lee
Chakan
chimpian
cranguy
ctclements
dallow
dim2192
dodgeme
Doomstink
Dr Mario Kart
dragonjud
DrgnAK
EarthboundX5
ejamer
elessar123
Fire_Thief
flameofdoom666
flare1185
Frankski
GogetaSS4
Halo05
hero101
Ivanhood
Jack
jbroush99
JJSP
jousley
juvo
kipz
koretex
kyl181
LaraCroftsLeftBoob
Lightning Bolt
Lilboo
lolwut?
Mad D
mbradley1992
mis0
mr_btw
MrNEWZ
newlu
Nightfox31
OldSchool77
Phil
phoenix529
playing_poker
Rodimus
Rozz
Shady3011
Shaq-Funaki
skylinersx
SL4IN
snakelda
soonersfan60
spamfree2
spike32
StarknightX
SteveMcQ
SuppaMan
tbassett
The Nephilim
Vinny
ViolentLee
visual_death
Vulgarism
wickedasp
ZerotypeX

Actually, I can't send Fire_Thief a PM. And when I saw that, I vaguely remember it happening when I tried to originally.

It also shows he hasn't been around in two weeks on here.

Oh, and that he's banned. Huzzah!

I guess that means he's gone/not coming back or something. Anyone want Jade Empire?

On the upside, I guess this means I have all the requisite shipping information. More invoices will be appearing later today.

[quote name='hero101']I thought that sent you my address Strell. I still need to know how much to pay you. I didn't get an invoice from you.[/QUOTE]

I think he's collecting info to figure out shipping prices a little bit better, then he'll send you an invoice. I haven't gotten one either, yet, but I just figure he wants to make the shipping costs beneficial to himself and us.

[quote name='hero101']I thought that sent you my address Strell. I still need to know how much to pay you. I didn't get an invoice from you.[/QUOTE]

Lots of people haven't - this is a big chore. It's coming. Go ahead and resend all your info, Hero. Looks like I didn't copy and paste it into the running text file I've got. Either that or I made a label with it for your stuff and didn't put it in there. Either way, resending would be helpful.

[quote name='Vulgarism']I think he's collecting info to figure out shipping prices a little bit better, then he'll send you an invoice. I haven't gotten one either, yet, but I just figure he wants to make the shipping costs beneficial to himself and us.[/QUOTE]

Yar.

All these no-node errors are making this slightly more difficult. :(

[quote name='Strell']Lots of people haven't - this is a big chore. It's coming. Go ahead and resend all your info, Hero. Looks like I didn't copy and paste it into the running text file I've got. Either that or I made a label with it for your stuff and didn't put it in there. Either way, resending would be helpful.

Yar.

All these no-node errors are making this slightly more difficult. :([/QUOTE]

No shit, I can't update my title or my OP anymore because of it.

I second that, what are you missing from me?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I second that, what are you missing from me?[/QUOTE]

I think that's a mistake - should have all your information.

Sorry for how this is taking, phoenix. Don't really have much else to say on the matter - more invoices going out tonight.

I mean it's been a whole week. Given the volume this is close to as expeditious as I can be.

@Strell: I didn't think this would be a factor.. but it just might be now. I'm actually going back home to visit my family in less than two weeks (13 days to be exact).. and I was wondering, based on your progress, if my lowball winnings would arrive by then. I'm going to be back home for about 2-3 weeks, so yeah. I wouldn't want a package just lying by my place for that long (nor would I want the package shipped to my parent's). Let me know. Thanks.

Just got done sending out a bunch of invoices. My plan is to finish sending them all out by Friday, and sending out as many packages as possible by the weekend, depending on who has paid and who hasn't.

I am compiling a list of people who would prefer Media Mail. As of now I've reserved this for people who expressly adhere to it, which generally means anyone who is only getting guides, since those are heavy and the USPS automated center quotes five bucks for one guide in a padded envelope. That's stupid, so Media Mail is being used there. People who have high shipping costs (or who just don't like their shipping cost) also have this option, which pretty much means anyone who asks for it. I'm planning on going to the PO tomorrow with a stack of media mail packages for this exact purpose.

Additionally, people with heavy large boxes can opt for Fedex, since they tend to be slightly cheaper. I tend to prefer this over Media Mail simply because I have no clue what the ratio of the USPS checking to make sure a box expressly agrees with Media Mail rules.

In other words, I'm hesitant to send simply by asking. I will, but you must understand that if I got hit with additional charges somehow, you'd be responsible for them.

Finally, if you've got something squishable, I've put your stuff in a box by default. Otherwise you are in a padded envelope. Some people do not want games in jewel cases sent this way, which I understand. I'll happily switch to a box for you. The point is that if you absolutely want a box, please let me know in here OR when I send you your invoice so I can make adjustments for that. It's difficult to ascertain who is ok with what, and more difficult to remember who has requested X or Y or Z with their shipment, so I'm trying to safeguard everything as best I can while I still can, so that we don't reach a point where something can't be changed later on.

Otherwise, things are looking very good right now. Hopefully the damn USPS automated center won't be down again when I go to it.

I've gotten a few payments so far, but will keep watching them closely today and so forth.

Thanks again everyone!

[quote name='Strell'] I haven't gotten around to the few people up in Canada (ejamer and spike32), nor Bragarb down in Argentina. But I'm hoping to clear those up within the next day or two at the most.
[/QUOTE]

Friggin Canadians always screwing things up :roll:

Ditto that shit. I still don't know what to pay u nor where. Also just ship the cheapest way for me no fancy box needed.

If your name has an asterisk next to it, it means that I am missing some piece of information.

That doesn't mean I don't have any address information for you. It means something is missing. I have zip codes for everyone, so I can calculate how much shipping will cost. I also generally have street addresses. But some people didn't include a name. Flare, I don't have a name for you, but I will be sending you an invoice a little later tonight, so once it's all squared away we're good.

I do have all of hero's information. In the text file, I made two entries for him instead of copying the information over the first one. So that was a mistake on my part.

A good number of people paid today and will have their stuff en route when I head back to the PO tonight. I'm still working on others though.

Cut me a little slack here - it's a lot to go through.

[quote name='Strell']That doesn't mean I don't have any address information for you. It means something is missing. I have zip codes for everyone, so I can calculate how much shipping will cost. I also generally have street addresses. But some people didn't include a name. Flare, I don't have a name for you, but I will be sending you an invoice a little later tonight, so once it's all squared away we're good.

I do have all of hero's information. In the text file, I made two entries for him instead of copying the information over the first one. So that was a mistake on my part.

A good number of people paid today and will have their stuff en route when I head back to the PO tonight. I'm still working on others though.

Cut me a little slack here - it's a lot to go through.[/QUOTE]

Amen, I had 1/3 of the size of stuff to send out as you, and it wasn't easy for me. People who do lowball sales have to put a lot of time into it, and it does get draining... I have lots of respect for people who end up doing lowball sales.

Strell, that's what you get for having a lobster in your pants :lol:

C'mon people, give him some slack, he's working fast enough to get through that list if anyone bothered to look at how big it was.

They like it in there. I can't just up and evict them.

I'm not actually in a state of disarray or anything - it's just a bit overwhelming at times, but difficult to get the point across that I'm working on it as consistently and progressively as I can when I can. That's sort of the key phrase everything is hinging on right now, where I can't devote 100% of my time to sorting through this as I go.

At any rate, I appreciate everyone keeping me on my toes. Just know that they are indeed sore. :]

Strell - I totally appreciate how much time and effort this is taking. You ran a good lowball.*

*- Just thought you might need a little pick-me-up. I'm sure you'll get the invoices and stuffs out in a timely manner

Got a bunch of packages sent off just now.

Didn't get a chance to do more invoices last night, so I'm going to try and do double duty on that tonight. I also have a number of people who are going to use Fedex, and I hope to get them set up tomorrow as well.

The goal is still to get almost everything sent out by this weekend, although I've sent a number of invoices out and haven't had replies yet. Nothing I can do there, so eh.

To keep it transparent, here's who got sent out just now:
  • DrgnAK
  • Alastor
  • dodgeme
  • skylinersx
  • ky181
  • phoenix529
  • GogetaSS4
  • ViolentLee
  • Lilboo
  • Bronson-Lee
  • SuppaMan
  • chimpian
  • hero101
  • flameofdoom666
  • mis0

People who have received their stuff:
  • Dr Mario Kart
  • newlu
  • SL4IN
  • Vinny
  • Arakias

I think that's all I got accounted for, since I can't include people who haven't responded to invoices yet.

Got more boxes, have tons of shipping material left, will check prices tonight and PM necessary people. Thanks everyone!

Question: Is there a limit to how much money can be gifted to someone's Paypal account? The last two people who have tried to send me money have reported that Paypal tells them that the e-mail address is invalid. This is really weird because I can log into it, tested sending cash from another account, etc.

But given that two people now say it's an issue, I'm wondering if there's a limit. That's the only explanation I can come up with right now.

IF you cannot send me money through the Paypal account, one workaround GogetaSS4 and I discovered is to use my cell phone number, which I connected to my account last night. He was able to send payment then. And if that doesn't work, I have a second account money can be sent to.

Thanks if anyone can give me a heads up on that question though.

Edit: playing_poker appears to have solved the issue. There isn't a limit, but apparently copying/pasting my Paypal address claims it to be "invalid." I've no clue why that it is. Extra props to playing_poker for discovering this, as typing out my annoyingly long last name is quite the chore. Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if you have sent me an invoice yet and I wasn't worried until now about receiving one since I knew that you had so many to send out. I keep getting that unavailable nodes problem so hopefully I'm still getting PM's. Thanks for the heads up on the Paypal problem I'll remember to not use copy and paste.

Strell,

Going out of town for the weekend. I just wanted to let you know that I still want the items I bid on, in case I'm unable to log on and reply to your invoice. Thanks.

[quote name='yukine']This wait is ridiculous... I haven't received anything yet.

;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='62t']I still havent receive an invoice[/QUOTE]

I haven't either, but it's not really a big deal for me. He's doing the best he can, and his sale was huge. I really don't see how one person alone can take care of a sale his size. Sure, it's a long wait, but Strell is an awesome guy, and he is doing all he can at this point. QUIT 'PLAININ!

;)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm on my way out the door to finish more invoices. I think I'll have finished all but 6-7 people after today. I'm also sending out about six packages to various people who have paid. There are a number of persons I've given totals to, but they haven't sent payment yet (OR they are sending via money order), but I'm not worried about any of that at all.

I am busy the first part of today, but should have free time to PM more invoices in the afternoon. At the worst it should be tonight at some point.

Thanks everyone! Hope you're all having great weekends!

Got yer PM about Media Mail. It sounds good to me, I'm happy enough to be getting nearly free guides. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the invoice.

I know you are trying to get it all done, but just wanted to let you know that I still need an invoice....also, if that Jade Empire is free, Ill take it ;)

Hey Strell, I hear you are still up to your ears in packages. (LOL)

Whenever you have some spare time, please drop me a PM as I hear you are a veritable Photoshop master and I need some major assistance.

If it takes you a couple weeks to get back, I'm OK. Take your time!

Got your pm, didn't want to burden your inbox so I'll post here. Thanks for picking media mail, and whenever you figure how much it is, I'll send intenet monies to you.

No hurry.

Just got back to town Strell. Wanted to make sure that last PM you sent about a week ago asking about which shipping method to use wasn't my actual invoice.

For shame that I missed this, but kudos on the mini-event Strell.

I'm tempted to do something similar to clear out the old stuff (Wedding Bell's and potential move are impending).

Hey Strell -

Haven't gotten an invoice yet. It's cool if you are still pulling things together (I'm someone who needs to send MO/cash btw), but I just wanted to throw out a message in case something is being held up on my end. Again, no rush on my stuff, but just wondering on the final shipping charges and whatnot.

[quote name='Frankski']Hey Strell -

Haven't gotten an invoice yet. It's cool if you are still pulling things together (I'm someone who needs to send MO/cash btw), but I just wanted to throw out a message in case something is being held up on my end. Again, no rush on my stuff, but just wondering on the final shipping charges and whatnot.[/QUOTE]Ditto.

[quote name='Frankski']Hey Strell -

Haven't gotten an invoice yet. It's cool if you are still pulling things together (I'm someone who needs to send MO/cash btw), but I just wanted to throw out a message in case something is being held up on my end. Again, no rush on my stuff, but just wondering on the final shipping charges and whatnot.[/QUOTE]
:wave:

Just to let you know also, I haven't gotten my invoice yet either, and my zip code is going to change, so it'll probably be a new total.

bread's done
Back