Strell's Lowball: Slowly sending packages out. Thanks everyone!

[quote name='elessar123']I like this idea, especially the $0 starting bid for first person, cause then if there's no contension, then it'd be like a freebie like Strell might have intended.
[/QUOTE]I'm fine with this, and with a lottery; whatever Strell decides, I won't cry like little girl

[quote name='Halo05']i want! :d[/QUOTE]
Lol its iight, i was aiming for X5 only anywho. But after u bumped it so high, i got it off ebay for 10 bucks xD

[quote name='ejamer']Regarding game guides:

Sounds to me (based on the original statement quoted above) like opening up for bids is the absolute fairest way to proceed. It's fair to people who want the guides, and it's fair to you as well since there is obviously demand for the items.

So early claims would be considered $0 bids. Higher bids later would be fair game according to the original description.

Does that sound fair to others?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']I like this idea, especially the $0 starting bid for first person, cause then if there's no contension, then it'd be like a freebie like Strell might have intended.

And also, Growlanser Generations Deluxe $34[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chakan']I'm fine with this, and with a lottery; whatever Strell decides, I won't cry like little girl[/QUOTE]

I agree with the above and I'm fine with bidding on them or a lottery system. Although as far as bidding is concerned , I'll hold off until I know where the bids would stand on the guides in question.

To clear something up , the PM I sent him was in no way a request to get the guides for free or anything like that. The only reason I sent a PM about the guides instead of posting about them , was because I wanted a somewhat large number of them , and thought it might be easier and more fair to handle the guides separately (pay and ship them on their own) as opposed to at the end if I win anything else from the lowball sale. I have no desire for favorites to played with me , and if someone else wanted any of those guides and are willing to put the money forward for them , so be it. I'm a bit of a minor guide collector , but I'm not going to go out of my way to fight for any guide.:)

Hope that makes clear my situation for anyone that might have been wondering about it.

I like the suggestion that they are free unless in contention, at which point bids are free to come. So if someone sees a guide claimed but wants it, speak up with a bid.

I appreciate everyone giving me their input on the matter - it makes this much easier to deal with. Again I just don't like to think I'd be gouging on guides that are old and were penny'd to begin with, but this works for everyone. So I'll check previous posts and go with prices from there, and then people are free to whatever they'd like afterward.

And yes, StarKnightX's PM was in no way meant to be underhanded/backroom. He even said as much in the message itself. It was really more of a question than anything.

So! I need to get some things settled here, and then I'll update the thread. I'm still leaving later today, but it's not for...at least six hours, so I'll be updating as I can.

Thanks everyone! Just under the 36 hour mark as of this post!

[quote name='spike32']Hey Strell, just a quick question. Would it be the same shipping prices to Canada, $2-3 for a game for example?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's been a long while since I shipped anything up there. I'd imagine at the most it would be a few extra bucks (of course depending on weight). I remember customs not being that big of a deal.

Hope this answers your question - I recognize it's not quite a robust response.

Thanks!

I'm in central time. It's 1:03 PM right now.

So for other people:
California/Pacific: 11:03 AM (-2 hours)
Mountain: 12:03 PM (-1 hour)
Eastern: 2:03 PM (+1 hour)

I'd add Arizona, but Arizona is weird. :p I mean yunkie is there and everything.

Also, koretex: Yes, the white carrying case will accomodate a DS Lite. Probably a DSi also, just for the record.

Ok, we should be 100% good to go.

If I saw a bid above $1 for a guide, I gave it to that person, since they more or less leapfrogged someone else to begin with. Otherwise I flipped a coin.

Halo05 has "tentative" bids, more of like a marking territory sort of thing, since the two he wants are not in contention yet.

Otherwise they are good to go from where I'm standing. Thank you everyone for agreeing to the terms - makes this as fair as we can get, which I'm striving to do.

Good luck!!

[quote name='Vulgarism']Take that smug look off your face right now! This is no laughing matter!

...... $3![/QUOTE]

LOL!

@Strell: Are manuals and cover art still first come first serve? If yes.. I'd like to request Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland as well.

Also, how big is the beatmania controller? Say.. compared to a regular PS2? How much do you think the shipping cost would be? I'd like to re-bid.. but I totally forgot about the shipping factor. :lol:

Mmmm. It's a bit larger than a standard keyboard (with a numpad on the right side), and weighs a bit more. I'd like to think shipping wouldn't be beyond $10-12, but that's a best guess. If it were less, I'd refund if payment were already sent or whatever.

Hope this helps!

/updated

[quote name='lilboo']So this is TOMORROW at midnight? I was under the impression it was tonight. :lol:
That's also midnight CST, correct?[/QUOTE]

Yar, tomorrow at midnight. It's 2:30 PM here CST, so that's 33.5 hours away (if my math is correct).

There's a BBCode tag called "countdown" that lets you integrate a countdown timer in a post, but I don't know if this forum has it enabled. I googled around and tried a number of variations, but I couldn't get it to work.

If someone knows of a way to integrate such a thing, please let me know.

I guess this means I'll be staying home again this Saturday night. Guess it's good for me since I have midterms coming up again too.

Thanks for the info Strell. I will now consider re-bidding. :D

[quote name='Strell']It's been a long while since I shipped anything up there. I'd imagine at the most it would be a few extra bucks (of course depending on weight). I remember customs not being that big of a deal.

Hope this answers your question - I recognize it's not quite a robust response.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know, I assume it should be around the same price as it usually is when I buy from these boards :D

Legacy of Kain Collector's Edition Bundle (Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Fighting Force) - $5

Samurai Champloo Vol. 6 SE Tin (Sealed) - $4

Zork Nemesis (All disks, case, instructions, journal book, NO box) - $1

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated.

Ok, heading out of town for a bit (not far), so will be NA for a while, but will most likely check up on bids and things in....oh, five or six hours.

Thanks all! About 29.5 hours left!

Chu Chu Rocket (Sealed) $8
Mega Man X4 $8
Mega Man X5 $8
Mega Man X6 $8
Suikoden 3 $8
Phantasy Star 2 $2
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil cover art $0.25

Marc Ecko's Getting Up Limited Edition (Complete inside tin case) $2
The Orange Box (Sealed)
Guitar Hero Dual Gig Bag (Holds two guitars) $1
Def Jam: Fight for NY
Army of Two w/Best Buy "Dirty Money" Graphic Novel (Sealed) $1

All updated to this post. Probably will not be able to update again until tomorrow morning.

DrgnAK: Does the Sapphire name change the card any? I imagine if I didn't mention it, it isn't. So just a heads up. I'm not currently at home so I can't check it until I get back (sometime tomorrow early evening).

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Original Coverart, sealed) - $10
Brave Fencer Musashi - $13
Beatmania w/controller - $10
Castle Shikigami 2 - $5
Growlanser Generations Deluxe (Sealed) - $45
D2 - $12
You're In the Movies with XBL Vision Cam - $5

Why you--

[quote name='Strell']Probably will not be able to update again until tomorrow morning.
[/QUOTE]

/goes back to the edit button on the OP

:]

:joystick: The Orange Box (sealed)
:joystick: Assassin's Creed w/ LE Art Book (sealed) $3.00
:joystick: #3 Zelda Majora's Mask CE (sealed) $21.00
:ds: 1st party black carrying case, backpack $1.50
:360: You're In the Movies w/ Cam (sealed) $6.00

Edit: Sorry Strell :)

I can't resist bidding on a lowball created by Strell:

Descent (sealed) - $2
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact Double Box Set -$5
Bomberman Online (sealed) - $2
Maken X (sealed) - $3
Plasma Sword (sealed) - $7
Ooga Booga (sealed) - $2
D2 (sealed) - $13
Speed Devils (sealed) - $2
Samba De Amigo (sealed) - $3

[quote name='Strell']DrgnAK: Does the Sapphire name change the card any? I imagine if I didn't mention it, it isn't. So just a heads up. I'm not currently at home so I can't check it until I get back (sometime tomorrow early evening).[/QUOTE]
Usually, it doesn't since many cards just go by manufacturing specifications. Performance-wise, it does not matter at all. However, there have been many cards where the manufacturer provides terrible coolers with the card, causing them to overheat. On my list of trusted brands, Sapphire is one of the ones that made the 512MB PCI-E X1650 cards. I'm not too worried, though.

bread's done
Back